By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - What system sellers could PS Vita possibly have?

VGKing said:
AndrewWK said:
SunofKratos said:
I would say they must going both ways.Create new IPs which will become big by the time and offer big old IPS to sell the system.

For future system sellers i easily see a new God of War or Gran Turismo on the Horizon.
Also what is Sony Bend doing right now. maybe working on Uncharted Golden Abyss 2.
Then there will be the Killzone vita game and maybe a new IP from Insomniak games?

Isn´t Insomniac done with Sony? They are Multiplatform now for what I know.

No. They will continue making games for Sony systems. They just won't be exclusive.

Thats what I meant, they wont do exclusives for Sony. They will make multiplatform games from now on. There next game will be Overstrike and EA will publish it.

Around the Network
IIIIITHE1IIIII said:
Runa216 said:
Well lemme see here:

Uncharted was a huge seller on consoles, and golden Abyss is quite good
Resistance was at one point a huge seller, it's getting a sequel in a week
Call of Duty is THE seller, and it's getting an iteration on Vita (we'll see if it's new or a port soon)
Assassin's Creed is a huge seller, it'll be coming out on consoles
Grand Theft Auto is rumored to have a game in the works for Vita (rumored!)
Final Fantasy X HD will likely be a huge seller, as FFX was a quite successful game

Not to mention the waves of original content like Gravity Rush and Soul Sacrifice that could really push the system if they take off.

Yeah, they all have potential. Question is though if people are willing to spend money on both a home console version and a portable version with less content. Because that's a lot of money.

I guess we'll see soon enough.

Less content? WTF are you talking about? Sony requires all Vita ports to have equal or more content than their PS3 counterparts.
Oh and why would someone need to buy both? They should be fine with only 1 version. If you prefer portable gaming, the Vita version is your best bet.

I said this a lot, but I'm sticking with this point of view. Vita has a software problem. Not a lack of software problem like most Vita fans like to say people are claiming. "Vita has no gaemz" is said most by Vita fans than anyone (it's actually doing quite alright in number and quality). But it has a software problem, nonetheless.

3DS won't lose MH, but if Sony allow it to launch an exclusive MH4 in japan, then it's almost over. 3DS will become a err... monster! No sane developer will develop a game for a system with 2 million user base (that number is so far away by sales trends) than to one with 13-15 million.

VGKing said:
IIIIITHE1IIIII said:

As I see it, even creating new successful IP's could be a struggle for the company.

If they create a hardcore title, then it's not very likely to sell very well (as far as I know, feel free to prove me wrong) and even if it somehow would, then people would demand a superior home console version.

If they create a casual title though, then it's not very likely to sell well because of all the competition from smartphones and the 3DS. And on top of that: Casuals mostly prefer their games cheap, but from what I have heard the online store for the Vita is very expensive. (again, feel free to fill me in)

Sony pretty much painted themselves into a corner, in my opinion. Expensive hardware does not leave much room for casual buyers, and portable gaming does not leave much room for hardcore buyers.

Are you forgeting about 3rd parties? It's not completely up to Sony to create the next big thing.

That's true, but the third parties should be facing the same problems. And it's mainly up to Sony to make sure that the system sells well so that third parties are willing/dare to try developing new IP's for the system.

IIIIITHE1IIIII said:
Runa216 said:
Well lemme see here:

Uncharted was a huge seller on consoles, and golden Abyss is quite good
Resistance was at one point a huge seller, it's getting a sequel in a week
Call of Duty is THE seller, and it's getting an iteration on Vita (we'll see if it's new or a port soon)
Assassin's Creed is a huge seller, it'll be coming out on consoles
Grand Theft Auto is rumored to have a game in the works for Vita (rumored!)
Final Fantasy X HD will likely be a huge seller, as FFX was a quite successful game

Not to mention the waves of original content like Gravity Rush and Soul Sacrifice that could really push the system if they take off.

Yeah, they all have potential. Question is though if people are willing to spend money on both a home console version and a portable version with less content. Because that's a lot of money.

Funny, the DS proved that in many ways people are MORE willing to buy portable versions of games, or at least are just AS willing.  Mariokart DS and NSMB for the DS were both massive sellers.  Basically, your argument fails.  See, you're saying that the only games that sell systems are huge franchises like Call of Duty and Grand Theft Auto, then insinuate that it wouldn't be worth buying on a handheld when you have it on a home console. The only things that would make a handheld worth having would be original titles or handheld exclusives (pokemon), but the only games that sell systems are ones that can be found on consoles. In a roundabout way, you're basically saying there's no reason to have a handheld.  Kind of ignorant if you ask me.  

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Around the Network
VGKing said:
IIIIITHE1IIIII said:

Less content? WTF are you talking about? Sony requires all Vita ports to have equal or more content than their PS3 counterparts.
Oh and why would someone need to buy both? They should be fine with only 1 version. If you prefer portable gaming, the Vita version is your best bet.

It should have less content in most cases simply because of the limited hardware and software format.

They should not be fine with only one version being bought. Are you expecting half of all PS3 gamers to abandon their system for the Vita once their favorite title arrives for it?

Runa216 said:
IIIIITHE1IIIII said:

Funny, the DS proved that in many ways people are MORE willing to buy portable versions of games, or at least are just AS willing.  Mariokart DS and NSMB for the DS were both massive sellers.  Basically, your argument fails.  See, you're saying that the only games that sell systems are huge franchises like Call of Duty and Grand Theft Auto, then insinuate that it wouldn't be worth buying on a handheld when you have it on a home console. The only things that would make a handheld worth having would be original titles or handheld exclusives (pokemon), but the only games that sell systems are ones that can be found on consoles. In a roundabout way, you're basically saying there's no reason to have a handheld.  Kind of ignorant if you ask me.  

Bolded: People use their cellphones for portable gaming. Epic gaming experiences that you get from titles like Uncharted are much better suited for when playing at home.

Italics: No, I'm saying that the audience that Sony is trying to catch wouldn't have a reason for it. A hardcore gamer wouldn't play Call of Duty or GTA on the buss.

The DS/Wii software comparisons are invalid since they both are casual titles (unlike Cod/GTA/AC). NSMB is not very different (if at all) compared to cellphone games.

BasilZero said:
IIIIITHE1IIIII said:

It should have less content in most cases simply because of the limited hardware and software format.

They should not be fine with only one version being bought. Are you expecting half of all PS3 gamers to abandon their system for the Vita once their favorite title arrives for it?

SFxTekken which will be released later in the year will have all of the DLC characters included in the Vita version without extra purchase which is the reason why I am buying that version instead of the PS3 ver.

Mortal Kombat also has all the DLCs from what I hear.

Disgaea 3 has all of the DLCs + it has new content, in which makes the Vita version more superior than the PS3 version.

But does it have the same realism and feel to it as the one you get from playing the home console versions?

IIIIITHE1IIIII said:

Bolded: People use their cellphones for portable gaming. Epic gaming experiences that you get from titles like Uncharted are much better suited for when playing at home.

Italics: No, I'm saying that the audience that Sony is trying to catch wouldn't have a reason for it. A hardcore gamer wouldn't play Call of Duty or GTA on the buss.

The DS/Wii software comparisons are invalid since they both are casual titles (unlike Cod/GTA/AC). NSMB is not very different (if at all) compared to cellphone games.

You're rather poor at this whole "seeing it from other people's perspective" thing, aren't you?  just becuase YOU would rather play it on a bigscreen doesn't mean that EVERYONE would rather play it on a big screen.  What if you're working in a job that requires you have no time at home but lots of time on a bus or subway?  what if you fly a lot?  what if you're in school?  what if you don't have a 1000 dollar TV?  what ifyou actually PREFER handheld gaming?  what if you like the added bonuses of using  touch screen or whatever?  there's dozens of reasons to play a game on a handheld, and you've managed to convince yourself that they're all pointless.  I cannot help someone so closeminded. 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

IIIIITHE1IIIII said:
BasilZero said:

SFxTekken which will be released later in the year will have all of the DLC characters included in the Vita version without extra purchase which is the reason why I am buying that version instead of the PS3 ver.

Mortal Kombat also has all the DLCs from what I hear.

Disgaea 3 has all of the DLCs + it has new content, in which makes the Vita version more superior than the PS3 version.

But does it have the same realism and feel to it as the one you get from playing the home console versions?

Yes, why wouldn't it?  and remember, you can take your Vita/3DS with you everywhere you go, so it's not limited to playing it ONLY in one spot.  

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX