By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - What system sellers could PS Vita possibly have?

VGKing said:
IIIIITHE1IIIII said:

It should have less content in most cases simply because of the limited hardware and software format.

They should not be fine with only one version being bought. Are you expecting half of all PS3 gamers to abandon their system for the Vita once their favorite title arrives for it?

@bold
Such as? Care to give some examples?

No, I'm not expecting half of PS3 gamers to abandon their system to buy Vita games. I'm not expecting PS3 gamers to buy Vita at all. I'm expecting DS and PSP owners to buy a Vita.

Uncharted: Golden Abyss apparently had less detailed levels than it's console counterparts, and didn't really feel like an improvement over Uncharted 3.

That last sentence (of yours) is what worries me. People buying smartphones are getting younger each year, making the it less likely that their parents will buy both electronics for them.

Around the Network
Kresnik said:
AndrewWK said:
VGKing said:
AndrewWK said:
SunofKratos said:
I would say they must going both ways.Create new IPs which will become big by the time and offer big old IPS to sell the system.

For future system sellers i easily see a new God of War or Gran Turismo on the Horizon.
Also what is Sony Bend doing right now. maybe working on Uncharted Golden Abyss 2.
Then there will be the Killzone vita game and maybe a new IP from Insomniak games?

Isn´t Insomniac done with Sony? They are Multiplatform now for what I know.

No. They will continue making games for Sony systems. They just won't be exclusive.

Thats what I meant, they wont do exclusives for Sony. They will make multiplatform games from now on. There next game will be Overstrike and EA will publish it.

I have a niggling feeling we'll be seeing more Ratchet & Clank games from Insomniac.  Ted Price made a point of saying that they were "done with Resistance games" but made no mention of R&C, which would have been easy to do at the same point.

EA have the publishing duties for Overstrike, but Insomniac managed to get 2 franchises fully fleshed out during this generation (Resistance & Ratchet) so they have the manpower to run two at once.  They seem pretty invested in R&C as well, it's probably their flagship game at this point.

Idk, all speculation on my part, but I can't see them completely ditching Sony (much like Bungie didn't completely ditch Microsoft).

But will Sony be willed to publish more R&C games? Because for what I know All 4 one didn´t sell that good and the critics where solid but not great. I think it didnt even reach 1mill yet.

Hmm i am currently waiting until E3 to see what sony is going to show us. Two things i need before i buy a Vita 1. a price drop ($199) and 2. Final Fantasy on the Vita (not FF X HD)

I think that R&C now belongs to Sony as Halo now belongs to Microsoft.

Check out my Upcoming Wii U Games 2014 Thread

3DS Friend Code: 4553 - 9954 - 4854. Name - David

Kresnik said:
AndrewWK said:
VGKing said:
AndrewWK said:
SunofKratos said:
I would say they must going both ways.Create new IPs which will become big by the time and offer big old IPS to sell the system.

For future system sellers i easily see a new God of War or Gran Turismo on the Horizon.
Also what is Sony Bend doing right now. maybe working on Uncharted Golden Abyss 2.
Then there will be the Killzone vita game and maybe a new IP from Insomniak games?

Isn´t Insomniac done with Sony? They are Multiplatform now for what I know.

No. They will continue making games for Sony systems. They just won't be exclusive.

Thats what I meant, they wont do exclusives for Sony. They will make multiplatform games from now on. There next game will be Overstrike and EA will publish it.

I have a niggling feeling we'll be seeing more Ratchet & Clank games from Insomniac.  Ted Price made a point of saying that they were "done with Resistance games" but made no mention of R&C, which would have been easy to do at the same point.

EA have the publishing duties for Overstrike, but Insomniac managed to get 2 franchises fully fleshed out during this generation (Resistance & Ratchet) so they have the manpower to run two at once.  They seem pretty invested in R&C as well, it's probably their flagship game at this point.

Idk, all speculation on my part, but I can't see them completely ditching Sony (much like Bungie didn't completely ditch Microsoft).

I think that R&C now belongs to Sony as Halo now belongs to Microsoft.  Sorry for my double post, it was meant to quote the user(s) that I am quoting.
Edit - I read now someone's post about a game called Ratchet and Clank all 4 one and I reaserched fast and saw that it was developed by Insomniac Games. Just ignore this post and my previous copy post.

Check out my Upcoming Wii U Games 2014 Thread

3DS Friend Code: 4553 - 9954 - 4854. Name - David

Around the Network
IIIIITHE1IIIII said:
Chark said:
IIIIITHE1IIIII said:

Majority? Where are you getting your data? Is that 51% because that isn't saying much.

Now I'm telling you, don't fool yourself. The Vita does not stand for 49% of the portable market.

I've seen a study that shows that most handheld gaming is actually done in the home, it is used as a prefered console by many and is useful regardless is you are a constant traveller.

But how many of those played CoD/GTA/AC?

So a smarthpone/iPad/laptop is an option? Those are not cheap either. $1000 is an exaggeration because you can get a decent sized TV for less, and though there are subsidized smartphones there are still pricey and include expensive contracts.

They may not be cheap, but they offer way more than gaming. After all, they are computers. And a Vita can't replace a phone.

The PSP sold over 70 million (more than the PS3 or the 360 have sold), it was and is still a viable system with hardcore titles. Just because Nintendo is the market leader does not mean everything else isn't a good product/option. Consumers have already spoken.

The PSP was cheaper than Vita is now, and the market has changed.

1. You were talking about a majority of gamers wanting to game on a big screen weren't you? I used 51% to highlight the absurdity of claiming a majority, since 51% can effectively be a majority. If I was wrong, I'm sorry.

2. What does that have to do with my point? I suppose you could use the sales data for those games, which is enormous, or use their previous portable counterparts like the PSP GTA game which sold well.

3. The Vita also does all of this. I'm using one right now, its browser just needs that Flash/HTML5 plugin and it will be better than my iPod touch. Soon it will have PS Suite, an app and game marketplace just like iOs and Android. There is a wonderful future ahead. Vita can be a phone through Skype and 3G service if you need coverage. Skype can give you a callable number service. I wouldnt recommend it since the battery life is limited but through proper planning like having a charger at work one could use it as such. I'm thinking about it but I currently only pay $10 a month for a non smartphone.

4. The PSP launched at $250 didnt it? It also needed memory cards, memory stcik was cheaper than Vita's format. With the 3DS sellingso well first year and hopefully repeating it this year it is getting harder to believe a downturn in handheld gaming. That and the handheld consoles have changed with the market, in such ways that I mentioned previously.

Before the PS3 everyone was nice to me :(

A new IPs that could appeal to all ages...and good marketing

IIIIITHE1IIIII said:

Bolded: That's true, but the majority is very great.

Italics: This is where the great minority comes in. Most of those people would settle for their cellphone/iPad/laptop.

Underlined: What? That would not be necessary.

Rest: Don't fool yourself. People who prefer handheld gaming generally play Nintendo consoles and don't care for hardcore titles. All these small reasons to buy a Vita pales when compared to the massive smartphone market. People do not care (yet) about Vita.

I am not close minded. I am just drawing my conclusions from what I see.

If what you see is a very narrow scope compared to what's actually out there, then yes, you are closeminded.  If what you want is immersion and depth, go outside.  Stop playing halo and go climb a tree.  go pick up a paintball gun and go to the local paintball place.  Go ride a bike or go for a walk.  do some sports, swim, explore.  Much more out there IRL than there is in any game.  I mean, if you're the kind who's all into immersion and stuff, why not go for the real thing? After actually killing someone for real, I can't imagine there's any reason to do it in a videogame! 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Chark said:

1. You were talking about a majority of gamers wanting to game on a big screen weren't you? I used 51% to highlight the absurdity of claiming a majority, since 51% can effectively be a majority. If I was wrong, I'm sorry.

2. What does that have to do with my point? I suppose you could use the sales data for those games, which is enormous, or use their previous portable counterparts like the PSP GTA game which sold well.

3. The Vita also does all of this. I'm using one right now, its browser just needs that Flash/HTML5 plugin and it will be better than my iPod touch. Soon it will have PS Suite, an app and game marketplace just like iOs and Android. There is a wonderful future ahead. Vita can be a phone through Skype and 3G service if you need coverage. Skype can give you a callable number service. I wouldnt recommend it since the battery life is limited but through proper planning like having a charger at work one could use it as such. I'm thinking about it but I currently only pay $10 a month for a non smartphone.

4. The PSP launched at $250 didnt it? It also needed memory cards, memory stcik was cheaper than Vita's format. With the 3DS sellingso well first year and hopefully repeating it this year it is getting harder to believe a downturn in handheld gaming. That and the handheld consoles have changed with the market, in such ways that I mentioned previously.

1. Whoops, answered to the wrong question, but that answer still applies: If you go around and ask people if they'd rather play Assassins Creed on a handheld than on a big screen then a great majority would say no.

2. I could ask you the same thing. People mainly play casual titles on their portables, no matter where they prefer to sit while doing it.

3. Yeah, you pretty much answered this one yourself. The Vita has some great features, but it can't replace computers or phones.

4. Yes, but the memory cards for Vita has an expensive price, and the 3DS is $80 cheaper. I don't think everyone agrees that the 3DS is selling so well as you say. In Japan, yes, but not in the western market.

Runa216 said:

If what you see is a very narrow scope compared to what's actually out there, then yes, you are closeminded.  If what you want is immersion and depth, go outside.  Stop playing halo and go climb a tree.  go pick up a paintball gun and go to the local paintball place.  Go ride a bike or go for a walk.  do some sports, swim, explore.  Much more out there IRL than there is in any game.  I mean, if you're the kind who's all into immersion and stuff, why not go for the real thing? After actually killing someone for real, I can't imagine there's any reason to do it in a videogame! 

I...

I'm not sure how to respond to this xD