By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Is it game over for Nintendo?

Atari, Sega have fallen: Nintendo next?

yes 94 16.12%

no 441 75.64%

life goes on 46 7.89%

Total:581

Sega never fell they still have Tails to keep them afloat and Dr Eggman will reproduce a new way of gaming that will bring everyone to their knees. True story I just made it up.

Prediction: GTA V will be my favourite game of all time.

Around the Network

Even though I would like to see nintendo go down, it is very unlikely to happen. Maybe the stock drops enough for a bigger company *cough ms cough* to pony up some $$$ and get a majority share, but nintendo would not still go away. Their games would just be on another console.

runqvist said:
Even though I would like to see nintendo go down, it is very unlikely to happen. Maybe the stock drops enough for a bigger company *cough ms cough* to pony up some $$$ and get a majority share, but nintendo would not still go away. Their games would just be on another console.

Why would you 'like Nintendo to go down'?

Sol said:
runqvist said:

For my personal preferences, is that ok for you?

runqvist said:
Sol said:
runqvist said:

I just don`t undertsand why you can't simply enjoy the games and consoles you prefer to play on. 

To each their own I guess.

Around the Network
irstupid said:
Was reading through this topic and realized on page 4 that it was from way back in may 2012. Only after seeing someone mention upcoming games like Epic Mickey 2. Was like wait, that's already out and sucked.

What's with the bump?

I'm loving the people quoting posts from over 7 months ago too, like Yeah I'll answer that guy and give him an answer to that question he has been standing about waiting half a year to hear. :o Necro-ing threads ftl.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Game over? No. Need to get their shit together? Yes. Nintendo are in a position that is really similar to that of Sony in the beginning with their PS3; most expensive console on the market (for now), few available titles (naturally), came off of a massive success and market winner, selling at a loss and the whole company coming off of a fiscal loss and the console itself is performing under expectations and projections.

They need a similar turnaround. 2013 will decide what happens in the next five years or so and what role Nintendo will play in the 9th generation.

I actually wouldn't be that surprised if Nintendo outlasts Sony in the game business.

They won't have the spectacular success of the Wii/DS with Wii U/3DS, but they will turn a tidy profit by the end of this
cycle and be able to tread water.

runqvist said:

Sol said:

runqvist said:

That makes you a bit strange. And vindictive.

Yes.

www.spacemag.org - contribute your stuff... satire, comics, ideas, debate, stupidy stupid etc.

Sol said:
runqvist said:

Because he hates gaming? No gamer should wish a manufacturer to go down. Segas downfall as manufacturer was a big tragedy.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]