By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Is it game over for Nintendo?

Atari, Sega have fallen: Nintendo next?

yes 94 16.12%

no 441 75.64%

life goes on 46 7.89%

Total:581
Mnementh said:
Sol said:
runqvist said:
Even though I would like to see nintendo go down, it is very unlikely to happen. Maybe the stock drops enough for a bigger company *cough ms cough* to pony up some $$$ and get a majority share, but nintendo would not still go away. Their games would just be on another console.

Why would you 'like Nintendo to go down'?

Because he hates gaming? No gamer should wish a manufacturer to go down. Segas downfall as manufacturer was a big tragedy.

No, you got it all wrong. I like gaming, just not the style of gaming nintendo offers.

Around the Network
Sol said:

To each their own I guess.

Yeah, you got that right. :)

NO!!! never without Nintendo all of you guys will be playing on a keyboard & mouse so instead of saying it's over for them we should be thanking them for reviving the video game industry.

runqvist said:
Mnementh said:
Sol said:
runqvist said:
Even though I would like to see nintendo go down, it is very unlikely to happen. Maybe the stock drops enough for a bigger company *cough ms cough* to pony up some $$$ and get a majority share, but nintendo would not still go away. Their games would just be on another console.

Because he hates gaming? No gamer should wish a manufacturer to go down. Segas downfall as manufacturer was a big tragedy.

No, you got it all wrong. I like gaming, just not the style of gaming nintendo offers.

I understand that, but Nintendo doesn't hurt your style of gaming. Wishing them to go down would rob the industry of creative input (the same is true for the others too). So, if Nintendo would go down also your style of gaming would be affected (less ideas that go into the games). Let's be honest: everyone looks at the stuff the others do. And if they see something interesting the use the inspiration to make their own games better. So if you wish one manufacturer to go down, you obviously hate gaming.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

It's more easy for Sony or MS leave the game industry in the end of this new generation than Nintendo with its billions on bank that can hold them in the next 75 years or more.

Try again.

Around the Network

I dont need to read it to know its nonsense.

Nintendo is in a privileged competitive position in Japan. They are in no danger of going 3rd party.
Sony is more likely to bankrupt than Nintendo is. Its impressive how many people underestimate Nintendo. How many more examples do they need? The Nintendo brand is strong and they dont need 3rd parties to sell their systems. But even so, they positioned themselves in such a way that they are a very interesting propostion for Japanese developers.

Also the 3DS is no longer beeing sold at a loss and the Wii U isnt sold at a loss with one game sell. No doubt nintendo will see profits in the next quarter again. They just overlooked the 3DS demand at high price.

But, since they dont seem to be catering to western tastes exclusively, over here people like to say they are doomed. Its silly. You need to have a better overview than that.

Mnementh said:
runqvist said:
Mnementh said:
Sol said:
runqvist said:

I understand that, but Nintendo doesn't hurt your style of gaming. Wishing them to go down would rob the industry of creative input (the same is true for the others too). So, if Nintendo would go down also your style of gaming would be affected (less ideas that go into the games). Let's be honest: everyone looks at the stuff the others do. And if they see something interesting the use the inspiration to make their own games better. So if you wish one manufacturer to go down, you obviously hate gaming.

Yes it does, taking away some sales from those companies which make the games I like. Also their innovations make games worse for me, not better. For example the wiimote did not bring anything to the table for me, it just made industry go after those "casual gamers".

You are obviously wrong.

runqvist said:
Yes it does, taking away some sales from those companies which make the games I like. Also their innovations make games worse for me, not better. For example the wiimote did not bring anything to the table for me, it just made industry go after those "casual gamers".

You are obviously wrong.

Do you really think Nintendo-fans and soccer-moms/grandpas would have bought X360/PS3 without the Wii? That's laughable.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

Mnementh said:
runqvist said:

You are obviously wrong.

Do you really think Nintendo-fans and soccer-moms/grandpas would have bought X360/PS3 without the Wii? That's laughable.

Now where did I say that? Please point to the part of my post which makes you think that I said anything like that.

runqvist said:
Mnementh said:
runqvist said:

You are obviously wrong.

Now where did I say that? Please point to the part of my post which makes you think that I said anything like that.

"Yes it does, taking away some sales from those companies which make the games I like."