By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Is it game over for Nintendo?

Atari, Sega have fallen: Nintendo next?

yes 94 16.12%

no 441 75.64%

life goes on 46 7.89%

Total:581
dsgrue3 said:
Snovalo said:
Yeah Nintendo is doomed, I mean let's just ignore this other company called Sony, posting huge losses year after year, with a worst selling console and a worse selling handheld. Yeaaahhhh, let's do that.

Sony is about a lot more than gaming. Nintendo isn't. 

Damn whoever bumped this thread. Nintendo is fine.

Yah no duh, like their failing tv biz sinking the company

Sony is dieing a slow death

Around the Network

Nintendo will not go down!! They sold so much hardware and software for nearly 30 years and even more in the 7th generation! Why should they go down now?

fedfed said:
yes we like penis in pool!

and it's a big one ;)

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

NinjaMonkeyLuchadore said:
So his main argument is that shovelware killed Nintendo? Because there's a tonne of shovelware crap available on the app stores, so I assume phone gaming is doomed too right?

Funnily enough, smartphone gaming was doomed right from the beginning for that very reason. Unless a publisher gets hold of the next Angry Birds, Cut The Rope or Draw Something there's very little money to be made from smartphone gaming. There's a reason why Zynga are going down the toilet and why every major publisher has either scaled down or completely shut down their mobile gaming divisions. Despite what you read in the media about it being a 'threat' to handheld and home consoles there really isn't a great deal of profit in smartphone gaming.

No, not even a chance

Around the Network
Turkish said:
Either way, dedicated handheld gaming shall either make a triumphant comeback or die a painful death, Nintendo either comes up with a masterplan that will shake the industry(or Sony) or lose the handheld territory to a bunch of Cut The Rops.

I shall watch closely as the events unfold, the next years will be interesting.

Well, Cut the Rope is on the 3DS-eShop, so Nintendo is saved. *Phew*

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

If you asked me which would fall first of the big three, I would say Nintendo or Sony.

Been away for a bit, but sneaking back in.

Gaming on: PS4, PC, 3DS. Got a Switch! Mainly to play Smash

mysticwolf said:
If you asked me which would fall first of the big three, I would say Nintendo or Sony.

I dont understand the logic behind some of the people's posts here,they think nintendo is doomed cause it posted it first loss? How many times has that happened to Sony and Microsoft? Yet they both are still around and kicking i mean if theres a game over for any of these company's id have to pick Sony just cause they are losing quite a bit of money overrall but still i feel like they will pass through their storm.Nintendo has too many great series they could pop out at a moments notice and sell millions of. Are we gonna have the same topics when the ps4/xbox 720 come out if they dont sell 10 million day 1?

painmaster212 said:
mysticwolf said:

I dont understand the logic behind some of the people's posts here,they think nintendo is doomed cause it posted it first loss? How many times has that happened to Sony and Microsoft? Yet they both are still around and kicking i mean if theres a game over for any of these company's id have to pick Sony just cause they are losing quite a bit of money overrall but still i feel like they will pass through their storm.Nintendo has too many great series they could pop out at a moments notice and sell millions of. Are we gonna have the same topics when the ps4/xbox 720 come out if they dont sell 10 million day 1?

i didn't say that was my reasoning. Didn't say Nintendo was gonna go down. 

I think Playstation would fall before Nintendo stopped making consoles.

Been away for a bit, but sneaking back in.

Gaming on: PS4, PC, 3DS. Got a Switch! Mainly to play Smash

As long as Nintendo makes a profit with every console they release they won't fall.