By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony falls to a new 30 YEAR low. Markets just dont believe them.

Sony diversified too much, Apple isn't making tv's for a reason.

But to think the Ipad is replacing televisions, or home consoles for that matter, analysts are fucking stupid.

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

Around the Network
megaman79 said:
Sony diversified too much, Apple isn't making tv's for a reason.

But to think the Ipad is replacing televisions, or home consoles for that matter, analysts are fucking stupid.

This. Handhelds are one thing, but there's no way an IPad will replace a dedicated computer/ laptop, let alone a TV or home-console...

The Ipad is cool. But not that cool.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Microsoft actually may have a shot at a killing blow at Sony, question is whether or not they want to do it. Personally I don't think it's important enough for Microsoft to finance such a blow.
Is it too early to start speculating on which of Sony's many first party studios will jump ship? and to who's side?

Until you've played it, every game is a system seller!

the original trolls

Wii FC: 4810 9420 3131 7558
MHTri: name=BOo BoO/ID=BZBLEX/region=US

mini-games on consoles, cinematic games on handhelds, what's next? GameBoy IMAX?

Official Member of the Pikmin Fan Club

legend92(3) said:
Well, this coming FY is their last chance if they aren't profitable and by a lot not like 100 million, something substantial like 2.5 Billion+ then they will be gone or will become a media only company within the next 10 years. Have Samsung or LG buy playstation brand but keep developers.

If Sony does have to get through a "fire sale" the developers will be bought by different companies no one company can afford to take it all, since it all goes to the highest bidder. (i.e. the hardware division would be sold apart from the software houses and each of them would be sold sepratly. Their would be no happy ending if they go on the auction block.)

lol at all the "expertz" in this thread, our resident armchair analyst never cease to amaze

Around the Network
gumby_trucker said:
Microsoft actually may have a shot at a killing blow at Sony, question is whether or not they want to do it. Personally I don't think it's important enough for Microsoft to finance such a blow.
Is it too early to start speculating on which of Sony's many first party studios will jump ship? and to who's side?

You do realize game console business that MS and Sony are actually major partners in the industry, right?  As a whole, their laptop / windows partnership is much more than their console rivalry.  I don't think MS wants the whole company to go down.

"Naturally the common people don't want war: Neither in Russia, nor in England, nor for that matter in Germany. That is understood. But, after all, IT IS THE LEADERS of the country who determine the policy and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is TELL THEM THEY ARE BEING ATTACKED, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. IT WORKS THE SAME IN ANY COUNTRY."  --Hermann Goering, leading Nazi party member, at the Nuremberg War Crime Trials 

Conservatives:  Pushing for a small enough government to be a guest in your living room, or even better - your uterus.

FinalEvangelion said:
gumby_trucker said:

You do realize game console business that MS and Sony are actually major partners in the industry, right?  As a whole, their laptop / windows partnership is much more than their console rivalry.  I don't think MS wants the whole company to go down.

that may be, but any laptop maker to enter the market, and all of the rest also use windows. Sony doesn't matter in that sense their market share would be replaced by another windows laptop just made by someone else.

kowenicki said:
PakChiuCheng said:

I can imagine Kowenicki bro-fisting himself everytime he reads a piece of  bad news about Sony. And he's wearing this  X BAWKS! tee-shirt.

Bad jokes aside, Sony's entire marketing department needs a revamp. They need to learn from Microsoft.

weak attempt at hiding an insult.  reported.  not taking that kind of shit from children like you any more.  31? really?

the irony is that you then turn around and insult him by calling him a child. reported.

In smartphones Sony is a cold brand and in a couple of years Sony won't be making any TVs because by then Chinese companies will have taken marketshare (Samsung is already planning to leave TVs because it's not profitable any more).

Sony's only successful division I think is gaming and I think that's Sony's chance to survive. But if Apple decides to go into gaming consoles I think Sony's days are numbered.

thranx said:
FinalEvangelion said:
gumby_trucker said:

that may be, but any laptop maker to enter the market, and all of the rest also use windows. Sony doesn't matter in that sense their market share would be replaced by another windows laptop just made by someone else.

maybe MS wants to white night sony in the tablet/laptop/smart tv market like they did for nokia. ;)

come play minecraft @  mcg.hansrotech.com

minecraft name: hansrotec

XBL name: Goddog