By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony falls to a new 30 YEAR low. Markets just dont believe them.

KungKras said:
So, if Sony tanked, how do you guys think next gen would be like without Sony?

Where would their traditional exclusives go, Nintendo, Microsoft, PC?

Pretty much like this one but with less JRPG.

Their Ip's could go anywhere including activision.

Around the Network

...although that is completely down to the yen's strength.

kowenicki said:
fillet said:
...although that is completely down to the yen's strength.

it is... and Sony's ability to deal with it and predict where it will be...  they fail at both.

Agreed.

kowenicki said:
here you go gilgamesh.....

new low of 12.39 today

lol I know you didn't have to revive this, I seen your post

This is very sad because it would be terrible to see such a large and important company fail.

It is also interesting that this story seems never to get the play in the gaming press that Nintendo's one-time loss does. While much of this problem is not due to the gaming division, its existence does complicate matters for SCE at the very least.

Mike from Morgantown

I am Mario.

I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

Wii Friend Code: 1624 6601 1126 1492

NNID: Mike_INTV

Around the Network
mike_intellivision said:
This is very sad because it would be terrible to see such a large and important company fail.

It is also interesting that this story seems never to get the play in the gaming press that Nintendo's one-time loss does. While much of this problem is not due to the gaming division, its existence does complicate matters for SCE at the very least.

Mike from Morgantown

Large, yes. Important, not so much. Hence the reason for the crash in their stock price.

Their products aren't a symbol of quality anymore, they have made vitually no strides in terms of innovation that is useful to the consumer, in fact they have excelled in things like copy protection and stiffling creativity as well as underhand tactics regarding copy protection schemes like the rootkit incident, their continual investment in add on bluray protection, Cinavia and other less known "innovations". They are a selfish company with their business model firmly based on non consumer friendly business practices. They have their nose firmly nested in proprietory technology when open equivalents are already more than suitable like the Memory Stick Pro Duo on the PSP and the proprietory memory cards on the Vita.

Every step of the way Sony has done it's best to offer poor value and extract as much cash as possible from the consumer for products it didn't need except use their devices.

They are now paying the price.

fillet said:
mike_intellivision said:

Mike from Morgantown

Large, yes. Important, not so much. Hence the reason for the crash in their stock price.

Their products aren't a symbol of quality anymore, they have made vitually no strides in terms of innovation that is useful to the consumer, in fact they have excelled in things like copy protection and stiffling creativity as well as underhand tactics regarding copy protection schemes like the rootkit incident, their continual investment in add on bluray protection, Cinavia and other less known "innovations". They are a selfish company with their business model firmly based on non consumer friendly business practices. They have their nose firmly nested in proprietory technology when open equivalents are already more than suitable like the Memory Stick Pro Duo on the PSP and the proprietory memory cards on the Vita.

Every step of the way Sony has done it's best to offer poor value and extract as much cash as possible from the consumer for products it didn't need except use their devices.

They are now paying the price.

So true

Without order nothing can exist - without chaos nothing can evolve.

"I don't debate, I just give you that work"- Ji99saw