By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony falls to a new 30 YEAR low. Markets just dont believe them.

No, the thing I'm saying, and others, is that Sony now has a normalized market value of a 83% of what it had in 1982, as the accumulated CPI of Japan in these years is roughly a 20%, so now you need a market cap of a 20% more than in 1982 to have the same normalized market cap, so the company has much less value now than 30 years ago. This is why inflation is important.

Around the Network
Jay520 said:
logic56 said:

the reaching here is starting to get worrying, (it used to be funny but now it's sad)

Are you incapable of stringing together five consecutive posts without resorting to personal attacks?

I try, really I do, but you guys seem to always go out of your way to post baseless made up things and then the lengths taken to defend it only makes it worse

if I got nickel for every time I said "it can't be that hard" I'd have like 50 cent

in today's episode of things I just made up:

Inflation clearly only effects Sony instead the whole worlds economy, they are worth less now than they were 30 years ago (becasue some how that makes sense) ignoring the fact that the overall worth and loss would have been adjusted due to inflation to equal basically the same thing, becasue I need to tell myself anything to make Sony's position look way worse than it actually is becasue the raped my grandma and killed my dog at the same time...I guess right? 

that's what I read... am I doing it wrong?

Kynes said:

No, the thing I'm saying, and others, is that Sony now has a normalized market value of a 83% of what it had in 1982, as the accumulated CPI of Japan in these years is roughly a 20%, so now you need a market cap of a 20% more than in 1982 to have the same normalized market cap, so the company has much less value now than 30 years ago. This is why inflation is important.

edited *nevermind*

logic56 said:
Kynes said:

edited *nevermind*

Oh, wise one, enlighten us, as it seems that only you understand how this works.

Kynes said:

Oh, wise one, enlighten us, as it seems that only you understand how this works.

*deep breath* ......... no, I'd rather play Fallout

Around the Network
logic56 said:
Kynes said:

*deep breath* ......... no, I'd rather play Fallout

A little bit of humility and saying "I was wrong" from time to time isn't going to kill you, you know.

Kynes said:

nice with the extra effort, this kinda of info needs to be in the threads more often. I might be just inspired enough now to work out how much cash/debt apple would need to leverage a buy out, i know they are using something like 56 billion of there cash hall for buybacks/dividens, but that still leaves around another 50 billion on hand and they are debt free

come play minecraft @  mcg.hansrotech.com

minecraft name: hansrotec

XBL name: Goddog

logic56 said:
thranx said:
logic56 said:
sales2099 said:
logic56 said:
sales2099 said:
Wh1pL4shL1ve_007 said:
sales2099 said:
What most people dont realize is inflation.

The number 30 years ago was worth a lot more then it is now.

So by what you mean is that Sony has less worth than it had in 30 years ago? Despite the same stock points?

Many people dont take inflation into account. 

you guys know that's not how inflation works right?

I dont see the issue here. 

1 dollar was worth a lot more 30 years ago then 1 dollar is worth today. So going by that simple fact Sony is worth less now then it was 30 years ago, even though the number is the same.

Unless stock prices compensate for inflation, which I am not aware of and therefore apologize if thats true. 

re-read that and then try again

1 dollar was worth a lot more 30 years ago then 1 dollar is worth today. So going by that simple fact Sony is worth less now then it was 30 years ago, even though the number is the same.

makes sense to me. the value of 1 US dollar thrity years ago was more than the value of 1 US dollar now. inflation. so is there something missing? i dont see it.

So if Sony was worth the same 100 billion back then, they would be worth the same amount now? if these losses were posted back then, it would be the same amount now.

you guys are aware inflation effects the whole of the world and not just Sony right?

the reaching here is starting to get worrying, (it used to be funny but now it's sad)

perhaps you should take your own advice and read the post.

No one mentioned losses here. we were talking about the price of a stock 30 years ago vs now. if it was worth the same # of dollars now as 30 yewars ago per share it has lost value as inflaiton has made the dolloar worth less.

Kantor said:
Jexy said:
Wouldn't your minds be blown if MS ends up buying Sony? Just like with Nintendo and Sega... the biggest of rivals... and then one in the same. Blew everyone's minds then, I could see the same happening here. Except not anytime soon since Sony is just bleeding value right now, so no reason to pay money for them now. Plus they'd have major restructuring to do. Sony could make more selling off their businesses individually. But yeah, whether you want to call it synergy or just terrible management, they will not be existing as a company a decade from now.

Sorry, what?

Microsoft does not have nearly enough money to buy Sony, they already overlap in the key market of gaming, Sony is bleeding money at the moment, and Nintendo did not buy and has no plans to buy Sega.

My mind would only be blown because it's about as likely as Apple buying Samsung.

Sony will need to restructure and sell off quite a few of its divisions, but I'm pretty sure it will still exist a decade from now, just as a smaller company (focusing on gaming, home electronics and phones).

Microsoft makes more profit per year than Sony is worth.

Microsoft makes more profit per year than Sony is worth.

THIS!