By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - April 2012 NPD 360 HW 236k, PS3 175k, Wii 91k

cyberninja45 said:
smbu2000 said:

According to somebody at GAF:

Originally Posted by creamsugar
PSP < ? < Vita < Wii < ? < 3DS < 150k < PS3 < 200k < 360

I believe you guys could figure out what is '?' stand for.
Sorry, DS seems better than Vita.
So...

PSP < 50k < Vita < DS < Wii < 100k < 3DS < 150k < PS3 < 200k < 360

So the DS is outselling VITA

I searched for the appropriate GIF to convey this situation but it seems none exists.

Anyways, you know in NPD once 360 did bad everyone did bad.

Looks like the GBA vs PS3 battle in 2007

Around the Network

The NPD is now useless.

What? It is! They don't post sales, only the order. The don't track online sales, nor do they track exclusives (hence the omission of Xenoblade). So, how are we supposed to know what's right and wrong unless another company (normally Nintendo) post their take on things?

However, if this is true, then it's pretty disastrous all round. Sony may be trying to keep to PS3 going for another 4 years or so, but, looking at these figures, that'll never happen...

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

No one sees the irony of Sony PR talking about the strong demand of a MS product in their Vita talk? Skype is the software you want to talk about?

It looks like we're seeing almost a full-on collapse of the traditional US handheld gaming market.

Nintendo had a monstrous holiday season, but that's sorta like a person making a fortune on green t-shirts on St. Patrick's Day ... what about the rest of the year?

I'm beginning to think a 3DS revision may have to be much bolder, perhaps even almost like a platform re-launch with much more emphasis on digital downloads.

Vita already at sub-100k in just its second month on market is a disaster bordering on Dreamcast levels.

Both Nintendo and Sony may also have to accept the cold ... hard ... truth ... that a handheld gaming platform as is is going to have a hard time surviving admist year iPad/iPhone/Android upgrades, but may be facing an impossible task when the pricing structure remains $39.99 a pop for new games. Even $29.99 might be pushing it.

Most people have a dusty back catalog of several PS3/360/Wii games sitting at home that they haven't even played enough of yet, not very many people need to be playing 1-2+ hours on the go as well. That's where $1-$5 iPhone/iPad games are making a killing ... yes there's no d-pad or buttons... but who cares. It serves it's purpose, just like no one complains about a hamburger joint not having steak + salad + wine on the menu. 

need a real 360 price cut ... and i would pick up a ps3 tomorrow if they added ps2 bc back at current price... games coming this fall should be good, ive preordered 3 and would like to add a 4th, and im still playing through back catalog,

come play minecraft @  mcg.hansrotech.com

minecraft name: hansrotec

XBL name: Goddog

Around the Network

One player that has yet to steal market from the handhelds is Windows 8 Tablet. People will say whatever they want but having a tablet with windows and xbox live integrated into it will entice people to get that instead of a gaming dedicated device. If I could play XBLA games on said tablet I don't see why I would need either a DS or a Vita... and buttons are not a good reason.

Windows, Android and Apple are the way to go imo, Sony and Nintendo needs to come up with something similar.

Jazz2K said:
One player that has yet to steal market from the handhelds is Windows 8 Tablet. People will say whatever they want but having a tablet with windows and xbox live integrated into it will entice people to get that instead of a gaming dedicated device. If I could play XBLA games on said tablet I don't see why I would need either a DS or a Vita... and buttons are not a good reason.

Windows, Android and Apple are the way to go imo, Sony and Nintendo needs to come up with something similar.

A Windows/XBox tablet with some discreet physical controls on it ... could be a game changer.

I think if it gained market traction, Apple's hand would then be forced to focus on dedicated gaming controls (if they aren't already thinking about this ... why is the Apple head honcho seen leaving Valve HQ?)

from neogaf:

Overall industry down 32%. Software sales at retail are down 42%.

Originally Posted by Eruogamer:
"Last April, the top seven titles outsold the top-selling title this year, and, simply stated, there were notably fewer new market introductions," said Frazier.

Software:

1.) Prototype 2 (360, PS3) Activision Blizzard - Less than 236K, perhaps significantly.
2.) Kinect Star Wars (360) Lucasarts
3.) Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 (360, PS3, Wii, PC) Activision Blizzard
4.) Tiger Woods PGA Tour 13 (360, PS3) Electronic Arts
5.) NBA 2K12 (360, PS3, Wii, PSP, PC, PS2) Take-Two Interactive
6.) The Witcher 2: Assassin of Kings (360, PC) Warner Bros. Interactive
7.) Mario Party 9 (Wii) Nintendo
8.) Mass Effect 3 (360, PS3, PC) Electronic Arts
9.) Just Dance 3 (Wii, 360, PS3) Ubisoft
10.) MLB 12: The show (PS3, PSV) Sony

eeeuww...

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

That same person at GAF who posted the rough hardware estimates earlier has posted some LTD numbers for Vita software. 

Uncharted doing the best out of them it seems, but overall not too great.

Vita ltd top10

200k > u >100k> umvc3 13 mlb 2048 mrrt > 50k > fifa ro hsg ngs+
<200k
Uncharted: GA

< 100k
Ultimate MvC3 
Unit 13
MLB
Wipeout 2048
Modnation Racers :RT

<50k
FIFA
Rayman Origins
Hot Shots Golf
Ninja Gaiden Sigma+

starcraft: "I and every PS3 fanboy alive are waiting for Versus more than FFXIII.
Me since the games were revealed, the fanboys since E3."

Skeeuk: "playstation 3 is the ultimate in gaming acceleration"

Things are starting to fall apart. But Xbox 360 continues to do well.

Either way new consoles are needed, and new killer apps for the handhelds.

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey