By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - April 2012 NPD 360 HW 236k, PS3 175k, Wii 91k

cookingyourmama said:
sales2099 said:
cookingyourmama said:
Barozi said:
cookingyourmama said:
slowmo said:

So now you don't understand what a estimate is and what a margin of error is, ok I think we'll end the discussion there...

Yes i do know what an estimate is and what a margin of error is, however you fail to realise that NPD's data is significantly better then Vgchartz american data because NPD has significantly more data & resources available to them which allows them to have more accurate numbers. When Vgchartz less accurate numbers are consistently overtracking the 360 compared to the ps3 then that is a problem you can't just sweep under the rug as much as obviously want to.

How about there was a period last year where the 360 was consecutively undertracked according to NPD ?
It just happens, so don't try to put an agenda on VGChartz.
I already said the exact same thing in a "Global Up" thread a week ago.

Ok i would like to make this very clear, in no way am i saying that Vgchartz has an agenda because that's just ridiculous. It's just that the data Vgchartz has is limited and it just so happens that with this limited data more often then not the 360 ends up getting overtracked compared to the ps3. Of course there are months when the ps3 is overtracked more but those are few and far between compared to the 360. All i've done is point this out to certain posters who were claiming otherwise and backed up my statement with actual numbers and now they are throwing a massive hissy fit because they don't like the truth.

Since the data is corrected your really just whining over nothing. Its as simple as that. Get over yourself. 

The data does eventually get corrected, doesn't stop me from pointing out that certain posters are wrong about certain things they claim.

Well you pretty much hammered it home. You can now sleep good tonight. 

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Around the Network
sales2099 said:
cookingyourmama said:
sales2099 said:
cookingyourmama said:
Barozi said:
cookingyourmama said:
slowmo said:

So now you don't understand what a estimate is and what a margin of error is, ok I think we'll end the discussion there...

Yes i do know what an estimate is and what a margin of error is, however you fail to realise that NPD's data is significantly better then Vgchartz american data because NPD has significantly more data & resources available to them which allows them to have more accurate numbers. When Vgchartz less accurate numbers are consistently overtracking the 360 compared to the ps3 then that is a problem you can't just sweep under the rug as much as obviously want to.

How about there was a period last year where the 360 was consecutively undertracked according to NPD ?
It just happens, so don't try to put an agenda on VGChartz.
I already said the exact same thing in a "Global Up" thread a week ago.

Ok i would like to make this very clear, in no way am i saying that Vgchartz has an agenda because that's just ridiculous. It's just that the data Vgchartz has is limited and it just so happens that with this limited data more often then not the 360 ends up getting overtracked compared to the ps3. Of course there are months when the ps3 is overtracked more but those are few and far between compared to the 360. All i've done is point this out to certain posters who were claiming otherwise and backed up my statement with actual numbers and now they are throwing a massive hissy fit because they don't like the truth.

Since the data is corrected your really just whining over nothing. Its as simple as that. Get over yourself. 

The data does eventually get corrected, doesn't stop me from pointing out that certain posters are wrong about certain things they claim.

Well you pretty much hammered it home. You can now sleep good tonight. 

Good night to you as well, sweet dreams.

Is the May NPD due today? Anybody want to create a thread. I need 50 posts :(