By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - April 2012 NPD 360 HW 236k, PS3 175k, Wii 91k

slowmo said:
Millenium said:

Quote trees are for kids unable to edit out stuff.

That will be all.

Or just occasionally it's nice to have a record of someone acting like a complete hypocrit.

Pointing out the truth = being a hypocrite, right gotcha.

Around the Network
slowmo said:
cookingyourmama said:

lol what? You've misread what i've said again, 9 out of the last 9 months the 360 has been overtracked compared to the ps3 in america. If you only take the last 5 months then that would still include December and the 360 would be heavily overtracked. If you want to cherry pick the data again (why?) and only take the last 4 months then the 360 would be overtracked by 150k compared to the ps3, and guess what? That's still overtracking. And why would i 'apologise' to anybody when the same old faces never apologise for constantly ignoring the numbers they don't like, only posting pro 360 stuff and negative ps3 stuff, all in a effort to try and get the numbers on this site changed, it's very sad. And in many posts before i have already given my opinion on the latest ps3 numbers, you should go take a look some time.

The facts and figures remain within a margin of error as a statistical tie therefor you are in fact wrong that the 360 has been overtracked more than the PS3 this year at least so far.  Your own figures prove this.

You expect others to apologise to you but wouldn't show the same courtesy, I'd call that hypocritical that you complain about others behaviour when you yourself will act in the same manner.

Lol omg this is just too funny, just because the last 4 months remain within a 'margin of error' does not change the fact that the 360 has still been overtracked by 150k compared to the ps3, that still happened wether you like it or not and does not make it disappear. Ignoring that in fact makes you the hypocrite.

cookingyourmama said:
slowmo said:
cookingyourmama said:

lol what? You've misread what i've said again, 9 out of the last 9 months the 360 has been overtracked compared to the ps3 in america. If you only take the last 5 months then that would still include December and the 360 would be heavily overtracked. If you want to cherry pick the data again (why?) and only take the last 4 months then the 360 would be overtracked by 150k compared to the ps3, and guess what? That's still overtracking. And why would i 'apologise' to anybody when the same old faces never apologise for constantly ignoring the numbers they don't like, only posting pro 360 stuff and negative ps3 stuff, all in a effort to try and get the numbers on this site changed, it's very sad. And in many posts before i have already given my opinion on the latest ps3 numbers, you should go take a look some time.

The facts and figures remain within a margin of error as a statistical tie therefor you are in fact wrong that the 360 has been overtracked more than the PS3 this year at least so far.  Your own figures prove this.

You expect others to apologise to you but wouldn't show the same courtesy, I'd call that hypocritical that you complain about others behaviour when you yourself will act in the same manner.

Lol omg this is just too funny, just because the last 4 months remain within a 'margin of error' does not change the fact that the 360 has still been overtracked by 150k compared to the ps3, that still happened wether you like it or not and does not make it disappear. Ignoring that in fact makes you the hypocrite.

So now you don't understand what a estimate is and what a margin of error is, ok I think we'll end the discussion there...

slowmo said:
cookingyourmama said:
slowmo said:
cookingyourmama said:

So now you don't understand what a estimate is and what a margin of error is, ok I think we'll end the discussion there...

Yes i do know what an estimate is and what a margin of error is, however you fail to realise that NPD's data is significantly better then Vgchartz american data because NPD has significantly more data & resources available to them which allows them to have more accurate numbers. When Vgchartz's less accurate numbers are consistently overtracking the 360 compared to the ps3 then that is a problem you can't just sweep under the rug as much as obviously want to.

cookingyourmama said:
slowmo said:

Yes i do know what an estimate is and what a margin of error is, however you fail to realise that NPD's data is significantly better then Vgchartz american data because NPD has significantly more data & resources available to them which allows them to have more accurate numbers. When Vgchartz less accurate numbers are consistently overtracking the 360 compared to the ps3 then that is a problem you can't just sweep under the rug as much as obviously want to.

How about there was a period last year where the 360 was consecutively undertracked according to NPD ?
It just happens, so don't try to put an agenda on VGChartz.
I already said the exact same thing in a "Global Up" thread a week ago.

Around the Network
Barozi said:
cookingyourmama said:
slowmo said:

Yes i do know what an estimate is and what a margin of error is, however you fail to realise that NPD's data is significantly better then Vgchartz american data because NPD has significantly more data & resources available to them which allows them to have more accurate numbers. When Vgchartz less accurate numbers are consistently overtracking the 360 compared to the ps3 then that is a problem you can't just sweep under the rug as much as obviously want to.

How about there was a period last year where the 360 was consecutively undertracked according to NPD ?

Ok i would like to make this very clear, in no way am i saying that Vgchartz has an agenda because that's just ridiculous. It's just that the data Vgchartz has is limited and it just so happens that with this limited data more often then not the 360 ends up getting overtracked compared to the ps3. Of course there are months when the ps3 is overtracked more but those are few and far between compared to the 360. All i've done is point this out to certain posters who were claiming otherwise and backed up my statement with actual numbers and now they are throwing a massive hissy fit because they don't like the truth.

cookingyourmama said:
slowmo said:
cookingyourmama said:
slowmo said:
cookingyourmama said:

Yes i do know what an estimate is and what a margin of error is, however you fail to realise that NPD's data is significantly better then Vgchartz american data because NPD has significantly more data & resources available to them which allows them to have more accurate numbers. When Vgchartz's less accurate numbers are consistently overtracking the 360 compared to the ps3 then that is a problem you can't just sweep under the rug as much as obviously want to.

No you really don't understand what a margin of error is in statistics

cookingyourmama said:
Barozi said:
cookingyourmama said:
slowmo said:

Ok i would like to make this very clear, in no way am i saying that Vgchartz has an agenda because that's just ridiculous. It's just that the data Vgchartz has is limited and it just so happens that with this limited data more often then not the 360 ends up getting overtracked compared to the ps3. Of course there are months when the ps3 is overtracked more but those are few and far between compared to the 360. All i've done is point this out to certain posters who were claiming otherwise and backed up my statement with actual numbers and now they are throwing a massive hissy fit because they don't like the truth.

Since the data is corrected your really just whining over nothing. Its as simple as that. Get over yourself. 

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

slowmo said:
cookingyourmama said:
slowmo said:
cookingyourmama said:
slowmo said:
cookingyourmama said:

No you really don't understand what a margin of error is in statistics

Yes really i do understand what a margin of error is in statistics, but what you don't understand is just because your cherry picked range of 4 months falls within the margin of error it doesn't mean that the difference doesn't still exist and that the numbers aren't consistently on the high end of favouring the 360.

sales2099 said:
cookingyourmama said:
Barozi said:
cookingyourmama said:
slowmo said:

Since the data is corrected your really just whining over nothing. Its as simple as that. Get over yourself. 

The data does eventually get corrected, doesn't stop me from pointing out that certain posters are wrong about certain things they claim.