NPD:

360 236k
PS3 175k
Wii 91k

VGC pre slight adjustments:

360 290k 22% over (54k)
PS3 223k 27% over (48k)
Wii 130k 43% over (39k)

So yet another month where the 360 has been overtracked more than the ps3, thanks for pointing that out. :)

That makes it nine months in a row now this has happened in america.

woop de doo

O wow, really?

So long as adjustments are made why does it matter?

The point being that when one console is consistently overtracked compared to another 1) There is obviously a problem with the data/formulas used to work out the sales in the first place and 2) Having a group of posters on this site constantly post pro MS stuff, cherry picking data, trying to make it seem as if the 360 is hard done by compared to the ps3 when in reality it is the other way round is not okay.

You either havent been here very long or you are ignoring what really goes on.

Don't even respond to him, his agenda is quite clear.  He'll soon get bored when everyone ignores his posts.

Is it a coincidence that over the years of being on this website the people who reply to me trying to deny the above fact are the ones who have Halo or other MS based avatars/signatures or have a history of posting pro MS stuff? And i'm the one who has an 'agenda'?

I like the pic, it makes me noticable to people who regularly visit the forum.  If you want to hide behind a blank avatar because you think it somehow hides the fact you're massively pro Sony, then that's fine by me. 

Your poor attitude and whining posts show your agenda not any avatar or signature you may have.  I look forward to your upcoming perma ban when I figure out who's alt you are.

P.S - Your opinion is not fact, your misguided belief in this basic truth means any debate with you is out of the question, it's boring reading the same straw man arguments from you.

Still waiting to be proved wrong when i post facts in the form of the actual numbers. When i pointed out that the 360 normally gets overtracked on this site compared to the ps3 i was greated by the usual suspects crying, 'no, no the ps3 is constantly overtracked and the 360 is undertracked, you're wrong/biased', so i backed up what i said by showing that for the past 9 months in a row the 360 has been overtracked more in america compared to the ps3 as well as being overtracked more at christmas worldwide. To which then i don't get any apologies or admissions of being wrong, i just get people with zero proof still trying to claim the opposite as if it was fact and it's the same old posters who do it. And these posters are the same ones who fought tooth and nail over the who really won 2011 thread and argued about the shipment numbers for both chirstmas and march, which again i proved solid proof showing that Mircosoft normally have signifcantly more in the retail channel at both thoses times of the year, yet those same posters just continue to ignore the facts and claim the 360 is getting hard done by compared to the ps3, it's pretty sad.

You made a claim and have no evidence, actually the burden is on you to prove your facts which you can't so you're still wrong and still claiming opinion as fact.  Also I only see one person crying about the numbers in these threads and it isn't the 360 fans.  You seem to be on some sort of sad crusade ever since Sony's shipment figures proved we were overtracking them.  Adjustments will come though.

Just out of interest I'm pretty sure we disussed in another thread that if you take NPD figures purely from January this year there is actually 100k difference in tracking variance between the 360 and PS3 which is well below 5% tolerance.  This actually means for the last 5 months your "facts" are wrong.  You're using a NPD *ESTIMATE* as a factual number which it isn't, they make mistakes too and make historical adjustments just like VG Chartz.  The 360 might be overtracked more than the PS3, particular in the holidays but it is also adjusted down far more, the difference is the 360 fans on this site don't whine for weeks prior to adjustments claiming it's somehow not fair like you're doing regarding the upcoming downward adjustment by 500k for the PS3 (and it will come).

Take your incorrect straw man arguments and massively spun facts and figures and make your own thread if your so convinced because you've taken this one far enough off topic now and several other threads might I add. 

I have already backed up my claim with numbers and at the same time not a single shread of evidence has been produced by anybody else to prove me wrong. Constantly thread after thread is filled with the usual suspects wanting adjustments in favour of the 360 or against the ps3, and it is not a fact that right now the ps3 is definitely overtracked it is just an opinion, but thanks again for proving my point as you've come out with a statement that the ps3 is definitely overtracked and it will definitely be adjusted down, even tho all the official sales trackers match vgchartz numbers for the ps3. *rollseyes*

Sure if you ignore 5 of the last 9 months in america of the 360 being overtracked compared to the ps3 then the difference so far this year is only (lol)150k but why ignore all those months? Even if you take away the 360 being overtracked by 1 million+ in december the other 8 months still add up to over 350k in the 360's favour. Wether you like it or not NPD gets far more data then vgchartz does and their numbers are more reliable, so only an incredibly stupid or ignorant person would value them less then vgchartz american numbers. And if don't think 360 fans 'whine' more on this site, just go take a look at the threads for who won 2011, december npd, christmas fisical reports for both MS and Sony as well as the latest fisical reports that came out this past month. So how about you take your own advice and take your incorrect straw man arguments and massively spun opinions else where.

Around the Network
Adinnieken said:
cookingyourmama said:

Still waiting to be proved wrong when i post facts in the form of the actual numbers. When i pointed out that the 360 normally gets overtracked on this site compared to the ps3 i was greated by the usual suspects crying, 'no, no the ps3 is constantly overtracked and the 360 is undertracked, you're wrong/biased', so i backed up what i said by showing that for the past 9 months in a row the 360 has been overtracked more in america compared to the ps3 as well as being overtracked more at christmas worldwide. To which then i don't get any apologies or admissions of being wrong, i just get people with zero proof still trying to claim the opposite as if it was fact and it's the same old posters who do it. And these posters are the same ones who fought tooth and nail over the who really won 2011 thread and argued about the shipment numbers for both chirstmas and march, which again i proved solid proof showing that Mircosoft normally have signifcantly more in the retail channel at both thoses times of the year, yet those same posters just continue to ignore the facts and claim the 360 is getting hard done by compared to the ps3, it's pretty sad.

Gosh, if you need an apology...I'm sorry you take made up numbers on a Web site so seriously.  I feel bad for you, I really do, but who cares if VGC over or undertracks?  Honestly, who really cares?  You keep making it out as if somehow your ego depends on VGC getting it right 100% of the time.  It doesn't.  Get over it.

Why does it really matter to YOU that any console or gaming system is over or under tracked?  At some point the numbers get adjusted up or down, so why is it so important that the numbers are perfect?  It can't be bragging rights, because you have no personal stake in Sony.  It's a console.  It can't be that Sony is selling more than the Xbox 360 in the US, because it hasn't in more than nine months.  So if the numbers aren't perfect, and they're corrected at the end of every month, why is over or undertracking by VGC such and important issue for you? 

Don't offer some dumb excuse like the PS3 isn't being treated fairly.  They're numbers, you can't assign fairness to numbers especially when every month there's a report out in markets saying how much the console gets sold.  Fairness is something between two people, not between a number and an inanimate object used to play games with.

So your feelings are hurt, you feel slighted, because VGC has incomplete data and that incomplete data is inaccurate.  You want to make this an issue about Sony vs. Microsoft, PS3 vs. Xbox 360.  It isn't.  They're numbers.  Inaccurate numbers sometimes, but numbers.  If you don't like VGC's number, don't pay attention to them.  VGC's numbers only are important if you believe they are important.  So, at the very least, stop believing they are as important as you think they are.  As I said before, they are a guide, not fact.

This also has nothing to do with what console people play games on.  I call out bullshit when I see bullshit, regardless of which way it goes, because all too often people throw out bullshit as fact when it's easy enough on the Internet to do a bit of research and look it up.  Guess why I'm commenting on your posts? :D

When you came up with your conspiracy theory regarding VGC, did you ever stop and ask yourself what would be behind their motive for fudging the numbers in favor of the Xbox 360 when the whole premise of VGC is to sell the data to people within the video game industry as reasonably accurate guidance and data?  Don't you get the more frequently their data is inaccurate, the less valuable their product and less able they are to market it?  So, do you really, honestly believe that VGC sits there and wants their data inaccurate?  Do you start to understand how your theory is falling apart when you actually begin to task it with logic? 

Eh wow you've completely missed the whole point of what i've said. I have never said that vgchartz is deliberately being baised towards the 360, that's ridiculous. It's just a fact that the majority of the time due to the limited data they have and the formulas they use it just so happens to work out that the 360 keeps on getting overtracked compared to the ps3. The problem i have is with a group of posters on these forums who constantly cherry pick 360 numbers and facts to try and make it look like the 360 is the console that is getting hard done by and it's the other way round when infact it's not. It's like they're campaigning to get the numbers on this website changed to what they'd like them to be, it gets really annoying to read every week.

cookingyourmama said:
Adinnieken said:
cookingyourmama said:

Gosh, if you need an apology...I'm sorry you take made up numbers on a Web site so seriously.  I feel bad for you, I really do, but who cares if VGC over or undertracks?  Honestly, who really cares?  You keep making it out as if somehow your ego depends on VGC getting it right 100% of the time.  It doesn't.  Get over it.

Why does it really matter to YOU that any console or gaming system is over or under tracked?  At some point the numbers get adjusted up or down, so why is it so important that the numbers are perfect?  It can't be bragging rights, because you have no personal stake in Sony.  It's a console.  It can't be that Sony is selling more than the Xbox 360 in the US, because it hasn't in more than nine months.  So if the numbers aren't perfect, and they're corrected at the end of every month, why is over or undertracking by VGC such and important issue for you? 

Don't offer some dumb excuse like the PS3 isn't being treated fairly.  They're numbers, you can't assign fairness to numbers especially when every month there's a report out in markets saying how much the console gets sold.  Fairness is something between two people, not between a number and an inanimate object used to play games with.

So your feelings are hurt, you feel slighted, because VGC has incomplete data and that incomplete data is inaccurate.  You want to make this an issue about Sony vs. Microsoft, PS3 vs. Xbox 360.  It isn't.  They're numbers.  Inaccurate numbers sometimes, but numbers.  If you don't like VGC's number, don't pay attention to them.  VGC's numbers only are important if you believe they are important.  So, at the very least, stop believing they are as important as you think they are.  As I said before, they are a guide, not fact.

This also has nothing to do with what console people play games on.  I call out bullshit when I see bullshit, regardless of which way it goes, because all too often people throw out bullshit as fact when it's easy enough on the Internet to do a bit of research and look it up.  Guess why I'm commenting on your posts? :D

When you came up with your conspiracy theory regarding VGC, did you ever stop and ask yourself what would be behind their motive for fudging the numbers in favor of the Xbox 360 when the whole premise of VGC is to sell the data to people within the video game industry as reasonably accurate guidance and data?  Don't you get the more frequently their data is inaccurate, the less valuable their product and less able they are to market it?  So, do you really, honestly believe that VGC sits there and wants their data inaccurate?  Do you start to understand how your theory is falling apart when you actually begin to task it with logic? 

Eh wow you've completely missed the whole point of what i've said. I have never said that vgchartz is deliberately being baised towards the 360, that's ridiculous. It's just a fact that the majority of the time due to the limited data they have and the formulas they use it just so happens to work out that the 360 keeps on getting overtracked compared to the ps3. The problem i have is with a group of posters on these forums who constantly cherry pick 360 numbers and facts to try and make it look like the 360 is the console that is getting hard done by and it's the other way round when infact it's not. It's like they're campaigning to get the numbers on this website changed to what they'd like them to be, it gets really annoying to read every week.

You buried your point in useless arguments.  I didn't miss it.

My argument applies to anyone who complains about non-factual data.  Regardless of what numbers you like or hate, arguing about non-factual data is mindnumbingly useless.  Going on and on about it that it's unfair is even worse. 

It's bloody unfair that my lottery numbers didn't win me three quarters of a billion dollars, but I'm not going to sit and argue that because I would absolutely look fucking stupid doing so, wouldn't I?  Yet it was three quarters of a billion dollars I could have won had my numbers been correct.  Still, that doesn't make any argument about it and less stupid, does it?  But it was three quarters of a billion dollars, my numbers should have been correct.  Still, stupid.

Two wrongs absolutely does not make a right.  If you haven't learned that by now, understand that.  No one will sit and praise you for arguing numbers someone else pulled out of their ass.  Likewise, if someone is bothering to argue the same point to you, you should sit there and use their sale logical fallacy to base your arguments on.  It's stupid.

You have every right to your opinion, but arguing something beyond a certain point just makes you annoying.  It doesn't matter whether VGC over or undertracks, the numbers get corrected or adjusted when they get factual data.  Your argument is a moot point.  Stop arguing it.  If you want to argue that an individual person is making a useless argument based off of non-factual data, be my guest.  But stop going around throwing the same shit at the wall hoping it sticks!

Adinnieken said:
cookingyourmama said:
Adinnieken said:
cookingyourmama said:

You buried your point in useless arguments.  I didn't miss it.

My argument applies to anyone who complains about non-factual data.  Regardless of what numbers you like or hate, arguing about non-factual data is mindnumbingly useless.  Going on and on about it that it's unfair is even worse. 

It's bloody unfair that my lottery numbers didn't win me three quarters of a billion dollars, but I'm not going to sit and argue that because I would absolutely look fucking stupid doing so, wouldn't I?  Yet it was three quarters of a billion dollars I could have won had my numbers been correct.  Still, that doesn't make any argument about it and less stupid, does it?  But it was three quarters of a billion dollars, my numbers should have been correct.  Still, stupid.

Two wrongs absolutely does not make a right.  If you haven't learned that by now, understand that.  No one will sit and praise you for arguing numbers someone else pulled out of their ass.  Likewise, if someone is bothering to argue the same point to you, you should sit there and use their sale logical fallacy to base your arguments on.  It's stupid.

You have every right to your opinion, but arguing something beyond a certain point just makes you annoying.  It doesn't matter whether VGC over or undertracks, the numbers get corrected or adjusted when they get factual data.  Your argument is a moot point.  Stop arguing it.  If you want to argue that an individual person is making a useless argument based off of non-factual data, be my guest.  But stop going around throwing the same shit at the wall hoping it sticks!

Great straw man argument, only problem is i back up what i say with factual numbers and i have every right to point out a person or multiple people posting inaccurate or biased things.

cookingyourmama said:
slowmo said:
cookingyourmama said:
slowmo said:
cookingyourmama said:
slowmo said:
kowenicki said:
cookingyourmama said:
kowenicki said:
cookingyourmama said:
kowenicki said:
cookingyourmama said:
kowenicki said:

so April:

NPD:

360 236k
PS3 175k
Wii 91k

360 290k 22% over (54k)
PS3 223k 27% over (48k)
Wii 130k 43% over (39k)

So yet another month where the 360 has been overtracked more than the ps3, thanks for pointing that out. :)

woop de doo

O wow, really?

The point being that when one console is consistently overtracked compared to another 1) There is obviously a problem with the data/formulas used to work out the sales in the first place and 2) Having a group of posters on this site constantly post pro MS stuff, cherry picking data, trying to make it seem as if the 360 is hard done by compared to the ps3 when in reality it is the other way round is not okay.

Don't even respond to him, his agenda is quite clear.  He'll soon get bored when everyone ignores his posts.

Is it a coincidence that over the years of being on this website the people who reply to me trying to deny the above fact are the ones who have Halo or other MS based avatars/signatures or have a history of posting pro MS stuff? And i'm the one who has an 'agenda'?

I like the pic, it makes me noticable to people who regularly visit the forum.  If you want to hide behind a blank avatar because you think it somehow hides the fact you're massively pro Sony, then that's fine by me. 

Your poor attitude and whining posts show your agenda not any avatar or signature you may have.  I look forward to your upcoming perma ban when I figure out who's alt you are.

P.S - Your opinion is not fact, your misguided belief in this basic truth means any debate with you is out of the question, it's boring reading the same straw man arguments from you.

You made a claim and have no evidence, actually the burden is on you to prove your facts which you can't so you're still wrong and still claiming opinion as fact.  Also I only see one person crying about the numbers in these threads and it isn't the 360 fans.  You seem to be on some sort of sad crusade ever since Sony's shipment figures proved we were overtracking them.  Adjustments will come though.

Just out of interest I'm pretty sure we disussed in another thread that if you take NPD figures purely from January this year there is actually 100k difference in tracking variance between the 360 and PS3 which is well below 5% tolerance.  This actually means for the last 5 months your "facts" are wrong.  You're using a NPD *ESTIMATE* as a factual number which it isn't, they make mistakes too and make historical adjustments just like VG Chartz.  The 360 might be overtracked more than the PS3, particular in the holidays but it is also adjusted down far more, the difference is the 360 fans on this site don't whine for weeks prior to adjustments claiming it's somehow not fair like you're doing regarding the upcoming downward adjustment by 500k for the PS3 (and it will come).

Take your incorrect straw man arguments and massively spun facts and figures and make your own thread if your so convinced because you've taken this one far enough off topic now and several other threads might I add. 

I have already backed up my claim with numbers and at the same time not a single shread of evidence has been produced by anybody else to prove me wrong. Constantly thread after thread is filled with the usual suspects wanting adjustments in favour of the 360 or against the ps3, and it is not a fact that right now the ps3 is definitely overtracked it is just an opinion, but thanks again for proving my point as you've come out with a statement that the ps3 is definitely overtracked and it will definitely be adjusted down, even tho all the official sales trackers match vgchartz numbers for the ps3. *rollseyes*

Sure if you ignore 5 of the last 9 months in america of the 360 being overtracked compared to the ps3 then the difference so far this year is only (lol)150k but why ignore all those months? Even if you take away the 360 being overtracked by 1 million+ in december the other 8 months still add up to over 350k in the 360's favour. Wether you like it or not NPD gets far more data then vgchartz does and their numbers are more reliable, so only an incredibly stupid or ignorant person would value them less then vgchartz american numbers. And if don't think 360 fans 'whine' more on this site, just go take a look at the threads for who won 2011, december npd, christmas fisical reports for both MS and Sony as well as the latest fisical reports that came out this past month. So how about you take your own advice and take your incorrect straw man arguments and massively spun opinions else where.

So you admit in the last 5 months you're wrong?

Will you apologise to everyone when the PS3 is adjusted down, which it will be I assure you?

Around the Network
slowmo said:
cookingyourmama said:
slowmo said:
cookingyourmama said:
slowmo said:
cookingyourmama said:
slowmo said:
kowenicki said:
cookingyourmama said:
kowenicki said:
cookingyourmama said:
kowenicki said:
cookingyourmama said:
kowenicki said:

so April:

NPD:

360 236k
PS3 175k
Wii 91k

360 290k 22% over (54k)
PS3 223k 27% over (48k)
Wii 130k 43% over (39k)

woop de doo

O wow, really?

So you admit in the last 5 months you're wrong?

Will you apologise to everyone when the PS3 is adjusted down, which it will be I assure you?

Lol what? You've misread what i've said again, 9 out of the last 9 months the 360 has been overtracked compared to the ps3 in america. If you only take the last 5 months then that would still include December and the 360 would be heavily overtracked. If you want to cherry pick the data again (why?) and only take the last 4 months then the 360 would be overtracked by 150k compared to the ps3, and guess what? That's still overtracking. And why would i 'apologise' to anybody when the same old faces never apologise for constantly ignoring the numbers they don't like, only posting pro 360 stuff and negative ps3 stuff, all in a effort to try and get the numbers on this site changed, it's very sad. And in many posts before i have already given my opinion on the latest ps3 numbers, you should go take a look some time.

Quote trees are for kids unable to edit out stuff.

That will be all.

cookingyourmama said:

lol what? You've misread what i've said again, 9 out of the last 9 months the 360 has been overtracked compared to the ps3 in america. If you only take the last 5 months then that would still include December and the 360 would be heavily overtracked. If you want to cherry pick the data again (why?) and only take the last 4 months then the 360 would be overtracked by 150k compared to the ps3, and guess what? That's still overtracking. And why would i 'apologise' to anybody when the same old faces never apologise for constantly ignoring the numbers they don't like, only posting pro 360 stuff and negative ps3 stuff, all in a effort to try and get the numbers on this site changed, it's very sad. And in many posts before i have already given my opinion on the latest ps3 numbers, you should go take a look some time.

The facts and figures remain within a margin of error as a statistical tie therefor you are in fact wrong that the 360 has been overtracked more than the PS3 this year at least so far.  Your own figures prove this.

You expect others to apologise to you but wouldn't show the same courtesy, I'd call that hypocritical that you complain about others behaviour when you yourself will act in the same manner.

Millenium said:

That will be all.

Or just occasionally it's nice to have a record of someone acting like a complete hypocrit.

slowmo said:
Millenium said:

That will be all.

Or just occasionally it's nice to have a record of someone acting like a complete hypocrit.

Can't disagree with that, it's just unpleasant on the eyes. :p