By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - The King (PS2) shall remain on it's throne

What is the last main title released for the ps2? Anybody knows?

I mean, damn, what are the new consumers playing? It's crazy!

Tag (Courtesy of Fkusumot) "If I'm posting in this thread then it's probally a spam thread."                               

Around the Network

The PS2's failure rate was kind of high, wasn't it? I had  2 and I know a lot people that did too.

I wonder if it can break 160m, depends how much longer Sony keeps it alive.

e=mc^2

Gaming on: PS4 Pro, Switch, SNES Mini, Wii U, PC (i5-7400, GTX 1060)

Valdney said:

The PS2's failure rate was kind of high, wasn't it? I had  2 and I know a lot people that did too.

No, not at all. It's "normal" for all hardware to have a sub 10% failure rate which is where it was/is. The rest of your post is anecdotal.

e=mc^2

Gaming on: PS4 Pro, Switch, SNES Mini, Wii U, PC (i5-7400, GTX 1060)

Around the Network

I would say it is a bit early to declare the PS2 the winner. DS still has a bunch of great games coming out including Pokemon Black 2 and White 2. Which we know will be huge... Plus, let's not forget what a big price drop across the whole DS family would do for sales. I wonder how cheap Nintendo could actually get these devices while still making profit?

Nintendo still doomed?
Feel free to add me on 3DS or Switch! (PM me if you do ^-^)
Nintendo ID: Mako91                  3DS code: 4167-4543-6089

Im still waiting for that DS party

This time next year Sony will probably Kill the PS2.

Atto Suggests...:

Book - Malazan Book of the Fallen series 

Game - Metro Last Light

TV - Deadwood

Music - Forest Swords 

The KING is immortal! It will haunt your dreams forever with the best catalog of all time, muahaha.

Gilgamesh said:
VicViper said:
Well, at least it printed more money and sold better in Japan - which as we all know, is the market that matters!

I dunno, I think everywhere but America, Europe and Japan all East is very important to, it's an untapped market that the PS2 helped grow tremendously.

PosPlatformNorth AmericaEuropeJapanRest of WorldGlobal
1 PlayStation 2 (PS2) 53.65 53.28 23.18 23.57 153.68
2 Nintendo DS (DS) 55.15 51.23 33.01 12.43 151.82

The PSP is actually second place for the "Rest of World" category with 12.84 million, very impressive.

Yeah, that's what I always say: Sony has an advantage in worldwide distribution channels. They need them not only for video-game-equipment, they also can sell other electronics. That's makes it easier for them, to enter a new market. Nintendo has to bank on partners, it's much harder for them to build up a distribution-channel to a new country, if they only can deliver vg-consoles and games.

This advantage of Sony is against Nintendo, other players might have a similar distribution-network. If Samsung or Apple enter, they may have the same advantage.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Valdney said:

My original PS2 is still working. Sometimes I think I should upgrade to the Slim version just so I can save some space, but I've yet to do it.