By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - The King (PS2) shall remain on it's throne

Mnementh said:
darthdevidem01 said:
No king slayer can take the iron throne from the PS2!

Except the kingslayer is one of the kings own guard.

A different time. A different king. 

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network

PS2 will be passed by DS this year during the holiday season easily. DS will sell 15 million minimum in the next 5 years, PS2 has been done for a while now.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

I STLL ENJOY PLAYING GOD OF WAR !!

PS2 sales about 4m a yr. anyway, i'm happy for S ony and ninty.

PS2 deserves it. That console was so damn awesome.

Around the Network
Deoz said:
It will remain the king, but in my opinion the ds was as succesful in less time, unfortuately ninty doesnt do the 10 years plan.

Thats not the point tho, DS and Wii burned trough their potential customer base in a couple of years, they can't do the 10 years plan of Sony. Sony sells less but more overtime, Ninty sells more in short time but cannot maintain a longer period of sales.

Turkish said:
Deoz said:
It will remain the king, but in my opinion the ds was as succesful in less time, unfortuately ninty doesnt do the 10 years plan.

Thats not the point tho, DS and Wii burned trough their potential customer base in a couple of years, they can't do the 10 years plan of Sony. Sony sells less but more overtime, Ninty sells more in short time but cannot maintain a longer period of sales.

True. All that said, the decline for DS has been rapid.  Imagine it hasn't been long since 3DS released. PS2 sales during PS3 launch period was better in comparison.

DS will still sell another 15 millions in 2 years. PS2 at best will sell another 1-1.25 million total.

The major reason DS sales went down quicker than PS2 is because PS2 didn't have a worthy successor, and DS did.

DS is only 2 million behind PS2 at this moment (probably already past it in shipments); after a probable price drop and Pome on Black and White 2 this holiday seasons, DS will be ahead of PS2 easily and probably extend the lead to 10 million within 3 years.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Jumpin said:

DS will still sell another 15 millions in 2 years. PS2 at best will sell another 1-1.25 million total.

The major reason DS sales went down quicker than PS2 is because PS2 didn't have a worthy successor, and DS did.

DS is only 2 million behind PS2 at this moment (probably already past it in shipments); after a probable price drop and Pome on Black and White 2 this holiday seasons, DS will be ahead of PS2 easily and probably extend the lead to 10 million within 3 years.

How on Earth is the DS going to sell 15 million units in 2 years when it's struggling to sell 25k a week?

Jumpin said:

No. Don't stay oblivious to the facts. Nintendo just announced their shipment numbers for the last quarters and DS is at 151.5mil, Sony will show their shipment numbers in 2 weeks but compared with the shipment numbers from last quarter PS2 is already 3 million ahead. Its possible the lead is 4-5 million now.

Also LOL if you really think DS will do another 15 million. Its sales dropped like a brick weeks/months before 3DS was released, even then 3DS was called doom and gloom becoz it didn't sell well, so no DS had not a worthy successor in the first 6 months.

DS will never catch the king, live with it.