By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Why do you love Nintendo?

RolStoppable said:
Expertly crafted video games that are able to stand the test of time.

Do you mid if I put this in my sig? It's perfect.

Around the Network

Zelda, Pikmin, Kid Icarus, Smash Bros, F-Zero, Fire Emblem, Metroid, Dillon, DS

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

SMB, SMB3, SMW, Yoshis Island, Mario 64, Mario Galaxy, Every Mario Kart, Ocarina of time are all all time favourites for me.

Among the memories that make me love Nintendo: Playing SMB on the nes for the first time, being utterly absorbed in SMB3, playing megaman 2 and probotector on the nes. Playing Mario Kart with friends for hours on end, pulling off Ryu's dragon punch in Street Fighter 2 Turbo for the first time. Hyrule Field for the first time playing Ocarina on day of release, all the usual stuff and too many to mention.

Too much planning, and you'll never get anything done.

Karl Pilkington.

I love Nintendo for keeping gaming innocent and simple. The Wii isn't my favourite console of the generation, but I am getting tired of realistic, violent and tense games, sometimes I just want to sit down and play a simple platformer or party game, no online passes, no DLC, no guns, just the type of games that I enjoyed a few years ago.

When it comes to particular games, I love the Pokemon series and I have recently put many hours into Pokemon Heart Gold (not as many as when I was a kid though) and I'm looking forward to playing all generations. For the Wii, I love Super Mario Galaxy, the game has a great concept and is just so much fun.

It holds a lot of my fond gaming memories back in the NES and SNES era. The SNES was just perfect. Durable, good multiplayer (local, of course) and has some of THE best games ever made still. The last thing I bought Nintendo was my DS, which I lost. I'm buying a Wii soon to play my already bought copy of Xenoblade chronicles and TLS when it hits NA. They hold a special place in my heart, even though I'm not thrilled with all the games they brought this gen.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

Around the Network

I love Nintendo because virtually all their games make me incredibly happy when I play them. While other games may be better, none make me as joyous as Nintendo's games.

There are a load of factors, such as loving their general game philosophy, but nostalgia and situation also plays a giant factor. For instance, I still play every console Zelda game with my sisters and parents, despite all of us children being 19-27 years old now.

They gave me Pokémon, SSB, SSBM, Ocarina of Time, and SM64.

And epic consoles like Gameboy Colour and SNES that can survive a bomb, and still work.

I LOVE ICELAND!

Wouldn't say I love Nintendo, but I do respect them.
My first console was a N64 and I had so much fun with games like Donkey Kong 64 and Smash Bros and even Mortal Kombat 4(?).

I just do. It's almost impossible to explain. When I grew up as a child, my first gaming experiences were on the NES. I love classic games and have always considered Nintendo to be the best of the best. I always considered them gaming king, and always see them that way. The best times in gaming history were when gaming as a whole took inspiration from Nintendo's creations: Megaman, Final Fantasy, Contra, Ninja Gaiden. And then you have Nintendo's addictive games like Super Mario All-Stars, Super Mario World, all the great handheld games, the captivating Zeldas, some of gaming greatest gems were made by Nintendo. And most of all, Super Smash Brothers, one of my favorite games of all time.

The only exception to Nintendo in this industry was Sony during the PS1 and PS2 days, they brought alot to the industry, especially in the form of Final Fantasy. But Nintendo in my eyes was always the king. Also, Sega brought alot to gaming with the dreamcast, it was a Fighters console. And the 360 brought alot of creative sci-fi to consoles thanks to Halo, but other than that, it's mosly Sony, and first and foremost Nintendo who brought the most to gaming.

I'm not a super Nintendo fan. I basically enjoy Zelda, Fire emblem and F-zero from them, but what i am is a fan of their marketing strategy and their product management. They seriously outplay the competition on that field.