By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Why do you love Nintendo?

I've been playing Nintendo ever since I was kid. I love them because they stayed pure to gaming throughout the years. The first game I ever played was Super Mario Bros. for the NES. After that, my uncle introduced me to the Super Nintendo and I started gaming. I also used to own a Gensis and loved that as much as I loved my SNES. Later on, I picked up the N64 and played that to death. Then, I moved on to the Gamecube and PS2. It was during that time, I was introduced to Playstation. They were different from Nintendo and I liked them about the same during my time with both systems. Then, came the Xbox 360 which introduced me to Microsoft. I didn't like it at all, so I traded that in. Afterwards, E3 came along and I saw the Wii, the best Nintendo to date. Got that on Christmas, and still have the very same console today. PS3, you asked? Forget it! After what happened at E3 2006, I losted faith in Sony and stayed with the PS2. Got bored with PS2 and chucked Sony out of my gaming life. I really didn't like what Sony did with the PS3. What shocked me the most was the insane price tag, to me it was the Xbox 360 all over again. I have played the PS3 before, but it's not enough to convince me into buying one. Xbox 360 to date is much better than I played years ago, but the PS3 is still better in some ways. What about my Wii? Of course, I loved that system to death as well! Many games through the years and I always loved it. So the reason I love Nintendo is because they have stayed pured to gaming for generations.

I know I got a little emotional back there, but the main reason why I don't like Sony now is because they lost what I felt with the PS2 years ago. Also, because of the negative crap they been giving Nintendo and some of their practices is just not right to me. I don't hate Microsoft, I just don't like the 360.

Read my original story on Fictionpress (Shinigami Twin): http://www.fictionpress.com/s/2996503/1/Shinigami-Twin 

As well as my other one (Hell's Punishment): http://www.fictionpress.com/s/3085054/1/Hell-s-Punishment

Nintendo Network ID: kingofe3

Around the Network

Their mentality that design and gameplay in general comes before most else in games, something lots of devs fail to realize these days.

Food for thought: Shove an apple in your brain

I spent 2 years of my youth playing Super Mario World on a Japanese Super Famicom.

I also won a gameboy playing SMW because i had the 2 years import advantage, thanks to my brother.

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

everything Miyamoto.

And Zelda. And Mario. And Metroid. And everything.

SNES and N64 classic franchises, I played them all at the time (all but Super Metroid actually). Prior to that I had a NES (Famicom) and I particularly had enjoyed Super Mario Bros and Super Mario Bros 3.

All games produced or lead by Shigeru Miyamoto in any way have always meant something special to me. And Rare, back in middle and late 90's (when partially owned by Nintendo) was so full of win!

Around the Network

Rol nailed it. Gaming on Nintendo since my earliest memories of gaming.

e=mc^2

Gaming on: PS4 Pro, Switch, SNES Mini, Wii U, PC (i5-7400, GTX 1060)

Super Mario 64 is probably the reason I love Nintendo games. I got it for Xmas along with a nintendo 64 and spent the entire winter break playing it. It was such an awesome game I seriously wish I could go back in time and recapture that joy. Video games now don't do that for me but back then, simply doing Mario's wall-jump several times in a row felt gratifying or surfing on the turtle shell or racing that penguin or finally getting 120 stars. Some serious awesome back in the days. Super Mario Galaxy and the titles that reiterate the formula of 120 stars don't make me feel the same, but I still love those titles and continue to get 120 of whatever thing you need to collect.

Zelda is great and all, but really, Super Mario is what brought me into the fun of Nintendo. So if I had to pick a franchise any day of the week, I'd pick Mario until I drop dead. I probably will cry if the Mario franchise ever ends. I'm hoping that day never happens!

Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward = best game ever made.

Because they have made about 80% of my favorite games!

because they made titles that I found magical as a kid, and because that hasn't changed since

super smash bros, pokemon, and fire emblem.