By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Movie & TV Chat: A entertainment discussion thread ~ Live, Love, Enjoy movies! What did ya'll think of Joker?

What Marvel superhero do you enjoy the most?

Iron Man 1 12.50%

Thor 0 0%

Hulk 0 0%

Spiderman 1 12.50%

Xmen -post individually below 1 12.50%

Ant Man 0 0%

other Avenger -post individually below 0 0%

GotG- see above example 2 25.00%

other post below 0 0%

DC bro!!!! 3 37.50%

Total:8
green_sky said:
SvennoJ said:

Any new sci-fi I should be looking out for?

Altered Carbon is getting some buzz. 

As for Passengers 

Thanks! Added it to my list. I almost made it through DS9, I started last summer, 7 seasons! It's time for a new series.

Good video, the movie would have been better that way. I actually expected her to face the same choice later, preferably after killing him first in a fit of rage :) She came so close! Yet the third act nonsense was all about pretty pictures.

Last edited by SvennoJ - on 07 February 2018

Around the Network

Star Trek Discovery season 1 is done. I thought it was done last week, yet there was one more bad episode, quickly resolving the war is the most unbelievable way. Oh well, the classic Star Trek music in the end credits was worth it. So season 2 will start with the original enterprise in trouble, hmm worried.

Anyway it was all very pretty to look at, ignoring the story and characters, 8/10 for graphics. Klingon look prevent a higher score. With story and characters 4/10.

I also watched the last episode of Better later than never, excellent show. 9/10 I hope they'll come back for a season 3. Plenty more countries to visit.

daddys home 2 (2017)

7/10

tragedy girls (2017)

7/10

manhunt (chinese)

7/10

the ritual (2017)

7/10

Tsubasa Ozora

Keiner kann ihn bremsen, keiner macht ihm was vor. Immer der richtige Schuss, immer zur richtigen Zeit. Superfussball, Fairer Fussball. Er ist unser Torschützenkönig und Held.

I finally finished Deep space nine. 7/10 ish.

Favorite characters were Garak, Vic Fontaine and Quark. The Cardassians were the most interesting race with the best episodes. The Bajorans were my least favorite and Kira the most hated character by the end. Sisko wasn't very good either and the ending best forgotten. Plus Bashir and Ezri ugh, painful.

There were still plenty good episodes to make it worthwhile. Nothing that really stands out as the great episodes of TNG, yet good enough to keep watching. I did skip through a few episodes tough, the low could get really low.

I also watched Black Mirror season 4. The first episode on the space ship and the last one black museum were the best by far, with Metalhead following closely behind. The other three were rather boring.

And I just started watching Altered Carbon. Same theme as the black museum episode. Interesting so far (first episode), kind of a The Expanse vibe.

http://deadline.com/2018/02/the-expanse-season-3-premiere-date-unveils-trailer-1202301438/
April 11th, less than 2 months!

So I finally saw Star Wars: TLJ...yikes. I really disliked this movie. I'm going to just list my thoughts. SPOILERS 

Don't care about all this resistance and first order foolishness. Everything about it went in circles. I'm going to be completely honest and say that I surround myself with Star Wars because of lightsabers and force powers. Everything else is mute. Guess that's why I enjoy the old republic and prequel eras...

Finn, Rose and Poe were pointless and their storylines were fillers. Finn character went spiraling down when he wasn't declared a force user, now I honestly don't care for him. Rose was pointless and served no purpose along with her team up with Finn. Poe was annoying in this movie and tried so hard to be important.

The Las Vegas planet or whatever was so fillerish that I forgot about it soon as the focus changed. Another pointless thing in this movie.

Rey was...meh. My thoughts about her are still the same from the first movie. Samething for Kyle Ren.

The action with Kylo and Rey was pretty cool. These new movies need more lightsaber fights.

Snoke was idk...

Luke was boring in this film however the best thing about this movie was the Yoda scene.

Around the Network

mumon land of stealth (2017)

8/10

good time (2017)

7.5/10

jumanji welcome to the jungle (2017)

7/10

along with the gods the two worlds (2017)

7/10

insidious the last key (2018)

7/10

baywatch (2017)

7/10

you were never really here (2017)

6.5/10

murder on the orient express (2017)

6.5/10

Tsubasa Ozora

Keiner kann ihn bremsen, keiner macht ihm was vor. Immer der richtige Schuss, immer zur richtigen Zeit. Superfussball, Fairer Fussball. Er ist unser Torschützenkönig und Held.

Avengers Infinity War was really enjoyable. Thanos really sold the movie. The action was great and the spectacle of powers were handled.handled really well.

First 2 movies I saw in the theater this year have been the only 2. Infinity War and Deadpool 2. I liked IW. It loses some gravitas when one goes into it with the understanding that a majority of the massive events depicted in it are meaningless. It's like knowing it was all dream before Bobby Ewing got shot. I mean, it's "classic" comic book convention ( ba dum tish ), but that doesn't absolve it from that particular fault. Not for me anyways. Good movie though. I was enjoying Deadpool 2 just fine until a big thunder storm took out power to a large chunk of the city. Power cut out just when Deadpool, without giving away any spoilers, lifted the boom box over his head in an attempt to apologize to certain people. I also just watched Trainspotting 2 and Godzilla Monster Planet Part 2. I enjoyed both of those as well. Movies I watched this year that I didn't like were Star Wars TLJ and Kong: Skull Island.

- Oh, and Spiderman: Homecoming. By the end, I haaaated it. My least fav MCU movie by a wide margin.

Last edited by COKTOE - on 03 August 2018

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

spurgeonryan said:
HandofPrometheus said:
Avengers Infinity War was really enjoyable. Thanos really sold the movie. The action was great and the spectacle of powers were handled.handled really well.

You can get it on digital right now! I almost pulled the trigger but it is 21 dollars. I will wait for DVD and get it for 15 at Walmart.

Last two movie I saw were Jurrasic world 2 and MI 6. Very enjoyable movies

.I was too hyped more MI6, but still had a good time

I'm hearing MI 6 is the best one in the franchise. Haven't seen JW 2 yet.

So, I came from the cinema after watching the Winnie the Pooh movie.
It made me cry. No one, not two, but many times during the movie. Tears were coming from my eyes for the first time in years.

This movie is for grumpy adults like me.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile