By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Movie & TV Chat: A entertainment discussion thread ~ Live, Love, Enjoy movies! What did ya'll think of Joker?

What Marvel superhero do you enjoy the most?

Iron Man 1 12.50%

Thor 0 0%

Hulk 0 0%

Spiderman 1 12.50%

Xmen -post individually below 1 12.50%

Ant Man 0 0%

other Avenger -post individually below 0 0%

GotG- see above example 2 25.00%

other post below 0 0%

DC bro!!!! 3 37.50%

Total:8

Watched for the first time in 2018:

Title - Release Year - Rating

Saludos Amigos - 1942 - 2/10
A Foreign Affair - 1948 - 9/10
It Should Happen to You - 1954 - 8/10
Big Trouble in Little China - 1986 -2/10
Heavy Traffic - 1973 - 4/10
Fire and Ice - 1983 - 7/10
The Secret of NIMH - 1982 - 7/10
Cats Don’t Dance - 1997 - 7/10
Heavy Metal F.A.K.K.2 - 2000 - 4/10
Usagi Drop (Anime) - 2011 - 7/10
The Tale of the Princess Kaguya (Kaguya-hime no Monogatari) - 2013 - 6/10
Song of the Sea - 2014 - 6/10
Your Name (Kimi no na wa) - 2016 - 7/10
Batman vs. Superman - 2016 - 3/10
Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales - 2017 - 2/10
Wonder Woman - 2017 - 5/10
Star Wars: The Last Jedi - 2017 - 5/10
Murder on the Orient Express - 2017 - 3/10
The Orville S1 - 2017 - 8/10
Star Trek Discovery S1 - 2017 - 0/10
Jumanji - 2017 - 4/10
Black Panther - 2017 - 5/10
Coco - 2017 - 8/10
Grace & Frankie S4 - 2018 - 7/10
Vorstadtweiber S3 - 2018 - 8/10
Rick & Morty S3 - 2018 - 8/10
Archer S9 - 2018 - 9/10

Rewatched in 2018:

M - 1931 - 9/10
The Devil‘s Brother - 1933 - 9/10
Pinocchio - 1940 - 10/10
The Court Jester - 1955 - 10/10
The Great Race - 1965 - 10/10
Murder on the Orient Express - 1974 - 9/10
The Big Bus - 1976 - 6/10
High Anxiety - 1977 - 7/10
Heavy Metal - 1981 - 6/10
The Black Cauldron - 1985 - 8/10

Around the Network
HandofPrometheus said:
spurgeonryan said:

You can get it on digital right now! I almost pulled the trigger but it is 21 dollars. I will wait for DVD and get it for 15 at Walmart.

Last two movie I saw were Jurrasic world 2 and MI 6. Very enjoyable movies

.I was too hyped more MI6, but still had a good time

I'm hearing MI 6 is the best one in the franchise. Haven't seen JW 2 yet.

I saw it and can confirm. MI:Fallout was simply amazing, and I didn't think RN could be topped.

Anyways, I watched the pilot episode of The Purge TV series last night, and I didn't think it was all that great. It was pretty formulaic from the movies, which weren't very good IMO (the second was alright), it's a shame because the series has a very intriguing concept. A series where all crime, including murder is legal for 12 hours, how do you fuck THAT up? I swear, this has got to be the most wasted concept in the history of film/TV. None of the stories in this really clicked, either. 

I'll continue watching, but I don't have high hopes moving forward.

I've been watching Deadwind on Netflix, plays in Helsinki. What a depressingly drab place, good show though.
Currently watching Maniac, good so far.

I almost got through ready player one, the wife and kids came home so had to turn it down / off. 6/10 so far. It was cool to see the Shining, not cool to see zombies in the Shining.

I just saw Venom on Friday, it was alright, but if they pull that PG-13 crap with the Carnage sequel, I'm gonna have a big problem.

I'm actually dreading the idea of them making a Carnage movie because I know deep in my mind that it just might happen, this IS Sony we're talking about, which is bad news for everything that isn't gaming or original films. They were actually considering an Aunt May movie at one point FFS.

I just watched the new Halloween, loved it. It was easily better than the Rob Zombie Halloween movies and the retconned sequels to the original, though I don't like how Laurie and Michael are no longer siblings, it kinda lessens the whole ordeal with Michael Myers. I must say: for a 70-year-old man, he can still take and give hits like a champ!

I also just finished The Haunting of Hill House on Netflix. If you haven't seen it yet, I highly suggest you do, it's a great series full of surprises and suspenseful moments. I'm in the middle of binge-watching season 3 of DareDevil, which I'm also really enjoying. It starts slow, but when it picks up, it really hits it out of the park. I'm currently on E4 and I'm really interested to see where this goes now that Wilson Fisk/Kingpin is out of prison.

Around the Network

Saw the new Halloween and I liked it. Never indulged myself in this franchise before so I can't compare to the old films but it wasn't too scary. A lot of wasted material but I had fun. The little black boy was definitely my favorite character. The rest were just idiots.

I just saw Pet Semetary, it was, eh, alright, I guess. The first 2 acts were kinda slow, but when it hits the third act, it gets "interesting", the ending was kinda stupid, though. The characters did lack depth, but everyone did a fine job acting except the girl who played Ellie, she was terrible.

Keep in mind, I've never read the book (yeah, shoot me), so I never drew any comparisons to the source material, though I heard they completely wasted it.

I'm kinda wanting to see Brightburn. It's the only movie really on my radar atm.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

I started to watch the second season of The OA. Unfortunately my internet couldn't even sustain the SD version of Netflix, never mind.

I'm still following Star Trek Discovery although it doesn't make any sense and is less fun than re-runs of Voyager. The Orville had some great episodes.

Movie wise, I haven't watched a new movie in a long time. Too busy racing. Maybe I have seen a new movie as I usually have discovery or space channel on while racing and they run movies now in the weekend. I probably saw a few new superhero movies that way, but they all look the same to me lol. Snowpiercer was nice to see again.

COKTOE said:

I'm kinda wanting to see Brightburn. It's the only movie really on my radar atm.

I'm interested in this because I like me some horror films. Hey, it's got James Gunn directing, so I have hopes for this one. Please don't fuck it up.