By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Movie & TV Chat: A entertainment discussion thread ~ Live, Love, Enjoy movies! What did ya'll think of Joker?

What Marvel superhero do you enjoy the most?

Iron Man 1 12.50%

Thor 0 0%

Hulk 0 0%

Spiderman 1 12.50%

Xmen -post individually below 1 12.50%

Ant Man 0 0%

other Avenger -post individually below 0 0%

GotG- see above example 2 25.00%

other post below 0 0%

DC bro!!!! 3 37.50%

Total:8
spurgeonryan said:
Nymeria said:
Stranger Things is back today so my Friday night will be comfy couch and popcorn.

I saw the first episode of season one. Never got into it. You are saying it is worth me going back to?

Hard to say. I love it, but I love 80s movies and horror or supernatural themes. I'd say if you don't like it by episode 3 it just isn't for you.

Around the Network
Nymeria said:
Stranger Things is back today so my Friday night will be comfy couch and popcorn.

And Super Mario Odyssey is out today as well, my wife is currently playing it, what a day!

The Orville was back last night with a great episode. They took the popularity vote idea from Black Mirror and imo made it hit home even harder while keeping it lighthearted at the same time. Well timed with the Neogaf debacle. Classic Star trek.

SvennoJ said:
Nymeria said:

And Super Mario Odyssey is out today as well, my wife is currently playing it, what a day!

The Orville was back last night with a great episode. They took the popularity vote idea from Black Mirror and imo made it hit home even harder while keeping it lighthearted at the same time. Well timed with the Neogaf debacle. Classic Star trek.

I really need to get a Switch, the library is really coming into its own...

I thought of "Community" with Meow Meow Beans as well with the whole democratic abolutism society.  I can see why so many people would have takes on nature of social media where people regularly rfer to themselves as a product or brand.

sword of the best (japanese)

7.5/10

creep 2 (2017)

7/10

happy death day (2017)

7/10

stranger things (s2)

7.5/10

Tsubasa Ozora

Keiner kann ihn bremsen, keiner macht ihm was vor. Immer der richtige Schuss, immer zur richtigen Zeit. Superfussball, Fairer Fussball. Er ist unser Torschützenkönig und Held.

Mr Robot season 3 is still worth watching. It doesn't look like they'll ever reach the greatness of the first season again. Still 8/10 for me, compared to what else is on TV.

Around the Network

Just finished Stranger Things season 1 and man I fell in love. Kept putting it off because I'm not the person to start watching a show because others watch it (I guess bandwagoning) but it's soo good. Every character held their own and it didn't feel like it dragged. Couldn't stop watching each episode.

the longest day (1962)

8/10

good time (2017)

8/10

memoir of a murder (korean)

7/10

Tsubasa Ozora

Keiner kann ihn bremsen, keiner macht ihm was vor. Immer der richtige Schuss, immer zur richtigen Zeit. Superfussball, Fairer Fussball. Er ist unser Torschützenkönig und Held.

I watched "Your name" 8.5/10
Awesome looking animation with a great story. They could have spelled it out a bit less but otherwise very well told.

I gave up on STD today. It was just too dumb, angering instead of entertaining. I deleted the episode halfway through, can't stand the characters anymore. Waste of time.

Electric dreams looks promising. It just started airing here.

Yes Star Trek Discovery, the abbreviation is appropriate.
The Orville was pretty cringe worthy last week, still much better than this.

Perhaps a comparison to how the different crews relax themselves
STNG sophisticated plays and classical music performances.
Enterprise, movie night
Orville, karaoke
STD frat house party

Or how it's pretty much the opposite to any other ST show:
In all regular ST a crew member will offer up a solution and put himself in harms way against the advisory of the captain. In STD the captain forces the crew members to do something in name of the war effort although the crew is against it.

Enterprise was in a much more dire fight to save earth while keeping the shows ethics in tact. And when they have to cross the line they show the cost. STD is simply everything thing is allowed to win the war, war must come first. Deal with the consequences later or not at all.

This show angers me!

Blacklist whatever season they're on now was meh, 6/10 More action doesn't do the show any good.

Life (2017) pretty, little substance. 6/10 for visuals. Kinda like Gravity.