By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Movie & TV Chat: A entertainment discussion thread ~ Live, Love, Enjoy movies! What did ya'll think of Joker?

What Marvel superhero do you enjoy the most?

Iron Man 1 12.50%

Thor 0 0%

Hulk 0 0%

Spiderman 1 12.50%

Xmen -post individually below 1 12.50%

Ant Man 0 0%

other Avenger -post individually below 0 0%

GotG- see above example 2 25.00%

other post below 0 0%

DC bro!!!! 3 37.50%

Total:8

I watched Elysium last night. Very enjoyable movie yet I couldn't shake the feeling that I had all seen it before a dozen times, luckily it was decent remix. The best was the world building, the attention to detail was supurb. I can only dream of a sci-fi RPG made with Neill Blomkamp as visual director. Fun to see johny cab back as automated parole officer in Elysium.

The extras on the blu-ray were worth watching as well, finally a decent section about creating sound effects. Plus the helicopter stunt work was amazing. All the dust that kicks up realistically when the vtols do there manoeuvres is done with helicopters flying at 6ft, zipping fast between cars, actors and cameras. The making off all the exo skeletons and real robots was very interesting, the concept art was even better. The design of Elysium space station looks good, although it would never work like that. Oh well, crash landing looks better then docking at the center.

For me Elysium is a very well put together movie with great visual effects, held back by the average story. I would have liked to see some more of the actual space station instead of the heavy focus on chase action scenes which made it feel smaller then the intended scope of the movie. Not as good as District 9, but still worth watching 7.5/10

Around the Network

I watched The Hobbit Desolation of smaug in HFR 3D format. It looked weird at first i cant tell if it made a difference in my viewing experience but the 3D was really good in this movie. Not a single so dark moment i cant see anything like in most 3D movies. I dont know if it was thanks to the HFR although there were some scenes where the CGI was just terrible.

Now on to the movie itself woooo!!! Man this movie was extremely action packed. The barrel down the river scene was so much fun watching. Smaug just became an instant classic villain. He looked amazing in CGI and being voiced by Benedict Cumberbatch really added to the dragons empowering and sarcastic character. Bilbo was still great in this movie although i feel that he was felt in the sidelines for some parts of the movie a bit too much. Great movie probably my favourite movie out this year.

9/10

Bet with gooch_destroyer, he wins if FFX and FFX-2 will be at $40 each for the vita. I win if it dont

Sign up if you want to see God Eater 2 get localized!! https://www.change.org/petitions/shift-inc-bring-god-eater-2-to-north-america-2#share

Also today i had a movie marathon and watched three movies back to back.

First- The World's End. I thought it was very meh, not a lot of bits that i found funny and thats kind of disappointing given the talent involved. It did have a pretty good twist during the middle but over by far Simon Pegg and Nick Frost weakest movie together.

5/10

Then- Life of Pie. What an amazing movie with a great story and looked beautiful. I really regret not seeing this movie in cinema for the 3D it must of been amazing. I really loved the story about survival, trust and faith and it has some really witty dialog.

9/10

Finally- Robin Hood (2010). Its a good take on a different kind of Robin Hood. Its a prequel to the famous tale and it has some really decent characters and action scenes. Reminds me a bit of Game of Thrones really.

7/10

Bet with gooch_destroyer, he wins if FFX and FFX-2 will be at $40 each for the vita. I win if it dont

Sign up if you want to see God Eater 2 get localized!! https://www.change.org/petitions/shift-inc-bring-god-eater-2-to-north-america-2#share

spurgeonryan said:
SnakeDrake said:
I watched The Hobbit Desolation of smaug in HFR 3D format. It looked weird at first i cant tell if it made a difference in my viewing experience but the 3D was really good in this movie. Not a single so dark moment i cant see anything like in most 3D movies. I dont know if it was thanks to the HFR although there were some scenes where the CGI was just terrible.

Now on to the movie itself woooo!!! Man this movie was extremely action packed. The barrel down the river scene was so much fun watching. Smaug just became an instant classic villain. He looked amazing in CGI and being voiced by Benedict Cumberbatch really added to the dragons empowering and sarcastic character. Bilbo was still great in this movie although i feel that he was felt in the sidelines for some parts of the movie a bit too much. Great movie probably my favourite movie out this year.

9/10

HFR? Is that what the first one was filmed in? If so, it does have a weird look to it doesn't it? I am not sure if I like it. But the 3D and the movie looks very nice last time around.

After watching Sherlock and seeing Star Trek 2 I have come to be really hyped for Cumberbatch to voice SMaug! I am dying to see it, if only it were not the holidays! So busy.....besides now...

You wont be disappointed by Smaug. Dont worry i think this movie will last in cinema for a while. Anyways watching this movie in HFR 3D is damn expensive double the cost of an standard movie. Its 2 hurs and 30 min long but still the most i've ever payed for to watch a movie :/

spurgeonryan said:
I to thought that everything leading up to the space station was just meh for me. Plus it was a little to unrealistic as well. These hunters take out most f his crew in a mater of minutes but he gets away through most the movie ?This can work in movies, but they did not pull it

Well to be fair they had to bring him back alive. Which makes it even more ridiculous that they started fighting him during landing. Then a rag tag bunch of infiltrators have free entry to Elysium because Jodie Foster is currently looking somewhere else. Better not get going on the plotholes cause we'll be here a while lol.

Around the Network

Watched Star Trek (2009) last night...was surprisingly VERRRY good

spurgeonryan said:
man-bear-pig said:
Watched Star Trek (2009) last night...was surprisingly VERRRY good

Watch the second one with Cumberbatch!

Don't rush me mother tucker!

ninja shadow of a tear

really good fighting scenes done by professionals everything else is meh...

4/10

criminal minds it gets worse and worse...

Tsubasa Ozora

Keiner kann ihn bremsen, keiner macht ihm was vor. Immer der richtige Schuss, immer zur richtigen Zeit. Superfussball, Fairer Fussball. Er ist unser Torschützenkönig und Held.

We stopped watching criminal minds a couple years ago. Sadistic crimes with children involved, no thanks, especially not with children of our own.

Today we watched The way way back. It was very good all around. Nice heartwarming story tapping into lots of nostalgic feelings. Great characters, solid performances, plenty of laughs, perfect location. I only wish it would have gone on a bit longer. 8.5/10

Favorite lines:
We hear the familiar sound of PAC MAN DYING.
OWEN (GUY) Well, so much for the game of my life.
DUNCAN You still have another man left.
OWEN Naw, I’ve yet to see the second board. Gives me something to look forward to.
DUNCAN Oh, the board’s always the same.
OWEN Well, there’s that. Thank you. Now, I can die.

Finally watched Fruitvale Station best movie of the year I watched so far 8.5/10 not a movie you want to watch on a regular basis though. Its sad that Michael B. Jordan got snubbed by the Golden Globes and SAG award I'm hoping the Oscars get it right and nominates him. Also watched The Butler 7/10 pretty decent but they over dramatized it to make a better movie the real person the movie was based on was born in Scottsville, Virginia so he never worked on a cotton plantation as a kid and he only had one son so the son that died in the Vietnam War is pure fiction and other sons live is probably mostly fiction.