By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global Hardware/Software Dec 24th up

kowenicki said:
Expect a new thread soon....

360 best year ever it's 7th year?

Hell I've said it for the last two years and been right, I may as well go for a hat-trick.

Price cuts and some big US centric software might just make this happen.

I think the pricecut will come right around Wii U launch, personally. While it wont do much to the Wii U outside of the US, over in the States it will be a big blow for Nintendo, when the current most popular console there becomes even cheaper.

Halo 4, Call of Duty, GTA5, Kinect Star Wars and Fable... Should be the biggest 360 Year in the US at least.

Around the Network
Christian973 said:
3DS exploded, Xbox 360 having it's best year, Ps3 rose a bit, Wii isn't as dead and Vita Bombing. What a great generation. Marvelous.

You have 3 generations in this post. I'm confused.

yo_john117 said:
man-bear-pig said:
yo_john117 said:
man-bear-pig said:
yo_john117 said:
Looks like Skyrim will be just shy of 5 million on the 360 It might also outsell Battlefield 3 in a week or two. Damn that game has done work.

Also Halo Reach is essentially over 10 million in total sales when you combine VGC sales + digital copies via the Holiday Bundle + any other digital sales it has gotten over the 6+ months it's been on demand on XBL.

Great, hopefully skyrim doesnt slow down too much after the holidays. Do you know how many physical copies skyrim sold this week?

Yep

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (X360)
Bethesda Softworks, RPG
7 513,330 4,624,775
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (PS3)
Bethesda Softworks, RPG
7 335,224 2,693,254

Oh shit, i meant to say do you know how many physical copies halo: reach sold this week :P

Lol yeah Reach sold 71k this week for physical copies.

Wow, thanks! that is fantastic for a game that is over a year old!

@christian973, where is your right hand... were you looking at my avatar when you took that pic?

man-bear-pig said:
yo_john117 said:
man-bear-pig said:
yo_john117 said:
man-bear-pig said:
yo_john117 said:
Looks like Skyrim will be just shy of 5 million on the 360 It might also outsell Battlefield 3 in a week or two. Damn that game has done work.

Also Halo Reach is essentially over 10 million in total sales when you combine VGC sales + digital copies via the Holiday Bundle + any other digital sales it has gotten over the 6+ months it's been on demand on XBL.

Great, hopefully skyrim doesnt slow down too much after the holidays. Do you know how many physical copies skyrim sold this week?

Yep

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (X360)
Bethesda Softworks, RPG
7 513,330 4,624,775
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (PS3)
Bethesda Softworks, RPG
7 335,224 2,693,254

Oh shit, i meant to say do you know how many physical copies halo: reach sold this week :P

Lol yeah Reach sold 71k this week for physical copies.

Wow, thanks! that is fantastic for a game that is over a year old!

@christian973, where is your right hand... were you looking at my avatar when you took that pic?

Yes i was! SO HOT lol :)

3DS Friend Code:   4596-9822-6909

Amazing 3ds sells, mario kart & 3d land just amazing above 4 millions now. Zelda OoT doing great as well. ZSS is a selling a little bit less of what I expected, however is close to 3 millions now, so no bad sales either...
Amazing to see the wii still doing great numbers, very well deserved, a shame that Nintendo didnt make more games for it, 100 millions seems like obvious at this moment, but with more software probably we could be talking about 105-110millions...
The ds is still selling somehow well (3ds is out and everything) I hope nintendo is selling enough DSs to offset any losses on the 3ds...

Menx64

3DS code: 1289-8222-7215

NNid: Menx064

Around the Network
Nsanity said:
@yo_john117: Looks like right your prediction about Left 4 Dead hitting 3 million before the end of the year came true, also Gears Of War 3 has now passed 5 million mark.

About damn time! I was expecting closer to 6 million by the end of the year.

kowenicki said:
Shura said:
Go 360, almost 1 million week in americas alone. Nobody have though in its 6th year the 360 would have been kicking everyone. I belive than this is going to be the biggest "xbox" year and xmas in many years. Hope to be wrong of course.

Nobody?

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=132014&page=1

well, i know, but i mean nobody in 2006 or 2007.

End of 2011 (made 02/01/11) 
Wii: 99.453 m
Xbox 360: 67.837 m 
Ps 3: 60.726 m

Best Games/Serie of the Generation

great numbers! would be great to see ps3 sales over 1m as well but they are still nice.

Ah the last Christmas of the 7th generation home consoles draws to a close with numbers that I don't think anyone would have predicted in 2005/2006. Crazy stuff.

pezus said:
No one has mentioned the obviously overtracked pre-orders for the Old Republic? This is almost becoming a "thing".

Overtracked? - vg had preorders for US at less than 1 mill.

WII Code: 1732 3363 1704 6441