By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - GameJournos.com: Breach of ethics by VGC? Updated: Details of RubangB's Departure

Kantor said:

So that's why Eyepet and Friends isn't in the top spot! For shame, Smeags!

You truly are gamrConnect's greatest detective!

The End!

*This comedic skit was brought to you by Smeags, Seece, and Kantor from the Writing Team. Please love us. Please?*

Around the Network
Seece said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:
Xen said:
ioi said:
Xen said:

And the writing here and now is devoid of bias and is as professional as ever then?

Gotcha.

What you really mean is that it isn't as biased in your favour as it once was (which will of course now make it seem biased to you).

You're entitled to your opinion and I heard it months ago.

Tres magnifique et au revoir.

if you 2 have anything more to say to each other plz take it out of the threads. this is more of a private thing so try to keep it that way.

Dude, it's on topic and brett can't post where the heck he likes on his own website 0_o

i know i'm stepping into the lions den here considering the top guys on th site are here but not only do i not care who's site this is (no disrespect but thats not the point)! but i also don't see how that applies or why it matters to a potential blow out of a pointless argument about the past. it ended months ago and doesn't need to be bought out in the open.

it was business then and a pointless argument now. they both know how to talk to each other, and the eployment history of anyone needs not be bought out on the site especially not the owner i'll say no more on the matter.

Machina said:
Runa216 said:
yeah, I'm pretty confused about this too. I wrote the inFamous 2 review, and I heard nothing about any of this. if these discussions happened, they were never implemented as far as I know.

Also, the funniest thing about this is that when I first submitted my review for inFamous 2 (rough draft), I gave it a 9.2, but I was told by the editors that I was being "a bit too enthusiastic" and that I had to make mention of the few glitches in the game, since it appeared I hadn't mentioned them. I'd say that's the opposite of what this is claiming.

Yeah, it's pretty ironic. If anything, the content editors (for the record: myself, Torillian, Signalstar and Naznatips - Torillian about 75% of the time) usually encourage reviewers to be much more critical in their writing and scores; the vast majority of suggested score alterations involve them being lowered not raised, and it's always the result of the scores not necessarily matching the text of the review, or of an important critcism being missed out, never because of external pressure.

which I love about the site, I love being more critical and I especially love how no game has ever gotten higher than a 9.6.  in my own personal reviews, only the best of the best even get 90 or above.  Personally, I think more games should be reviewed in the 50-70 range, rather than having EVERYTHING be 70+, like it is.  That said, this whole ordeal worries me because it SOUNDS like a shitstorm is inevitable and I had nothing to do with it! I just wanna review! *sadface* 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Wagram said:
If the articles in the past qualified as unprofessional, what do the ones now count as?

Cutting but true.

ioi said:
Carl2291 said:
@ ioi

You talk of a hit list. I assume this is a list of people you were gonna replace. I'm curious, was I on that list before I had to quit (due to time restraints, not disliking the job)? I know my "quality" of writing wasn't exactly good, but I got tons of different stuff on the site with a fair few topping 5,000 hits.

Wont take it to heart if I was. Just curious.

OT:
While this does sound pretty bad, it also sounds pretty much like Joe is being a bitter cry baby.

-snip-

Have the views on news posts seen a big increase with that change? Sorry is I messed something up here, posting on my phone.

Around the Network
Smeags said:
Kantor said:

So that's why Eyepet and Friends isn't in the top spot! For shame, Smeags!

You truly are gamrConnect's greatest detective!

The End!

*This comedic skit was brought to you by Smeags, Seece, and Kantor from the Writing Team. Please love us. Please?*

I am most certainly not from the writing team. Don't make me falsely convict you for murder using my detective superpowers.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

ioi said:
PhalanxCO said:

And yet people like Ben Yoder are allowed to post horribly written articles full of bias and factual errors?

Your personal opinion (bearing in mind that most of what he writes is editorials) or do you have some specific examples?

i just wanted to make sure you understood i wasn't trying to disrespect you as the owner of this site. it just seem'd more of an employment thing then something that should be spewed all over the site.

i trust you and your team holds ethics to the highest standards.

i like the reviews on this site, this site is my favorite gaming site on the net. :)
maybe one day i can join the writers teams, wishful thinking on my part i guess.

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1

maverick40 said:
Wagram said:
If the articles in the past qualified as unprofessional, what do the ones now count as?

Cutting but true.

Ha. The reviews portion of the site is actually the good side. The news/editiorial section sucks and they know it.

ioi said:
PhalanxCO said:

And yet people like Ben Yoder are allowed to post horribly written articles full of bias and factual errors?

Your personal opinion (bearing in mind that most of what he writes is editorials) or do you have some specific examples?

http://gamrfeed.vgchartz.com/story/87831/3ds-is-possibly-one-of-the-most-poorly-designed-nintendo-platforms/

Pretty much this entire article:

http://gamrfeed.vgchartz.com/story/87161/five-wii-u-issues-you-may-have-not-considered/

Please tell me this article was tongue in cheek:

http://gamrfeed.vgchartz.com/story/87249/is-mario-overstaying-his-welcome/

Because all Mario games are the same with only minor changes. They never do anything new.

I'm not certain if Mr. Yoder is only trying to seem like he doesn't like Nintendo, or if he really doesn't.  But he needs to stop writing editorials about them. They rank right about the same level as a random forum troll.