By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - GameJournos.com: Breach of ethics by VGC? Updated: Details of RubangB's Departure

Machina said:

Absolutely not.

I want to categorically say that in all of my time on the review team not once have I felt pressure to alter my scores as a result of receiving review copies or us having an ad campaign going on for the game - the subject has never once even been broached by anyone, I'm proud to say, and I'm confident everyone else on the review team will be able to say the same thing (heck, the OP is the first I'd heard about any of this). But I'm angry about how this is going to look, because no matter what any of us say, this is understandably going to lead people to question gamrReview's credibility.

you know what, I believe you since you've always seemed trustworthy and balanced

ioi's posts in this thread feel to be written in anger though, which looks unprofessional. Though I can understand such feelings.

Around the Network
Boutros said:

Way to overdramatize SSDNINJA (assuming he's the one who wrote that).

And besides, he gave FFXIII a 0 so good riddance. Troooolll.

Did he actually give it a 0???

Bastables said:
Ah so his site uses your work to make a profit and does not pay you for it. . . Alarm bells are ringing.

Back when I was on staff, we got payed $1 per 1000 views. It was good, easy and enjoyable.

ioi said:
Bastables said:
Ah so his site uses your work to make a profit and does not pay you for it. . . Alarm bells are ringing.

Most blogs don't pay a thing to writers. We have an arrangement in place where we pay writers for the volume of work they do - if they don't do any work they don't get paid. That's illegal now?

That is certainly not illegal, it makes sense!

maverick40 said:
Boutros said:

He added FFXIII just to give it a 0. It's the only game he bothered to add.

Also, OT (not really lol), 'Très magnifique et au revoir' actually means 'Very wonderful and goodbye' but I believe he tried to say 'Very well' which is 'Très bien'.

Around the Network

I should add to my comments that I have nothing against the site itself, and I don't question the moral integrity of the reviewers. I guess my biggest issues are with the quality of the editorials and how they seem to simply exist to draw traffic.

maverick40 said:
Boutros said:

no, b ut I gave it a 2.1....and that's not trolling, I can back it up.  

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

I've emailed Ben to see what he meant about the Brink review since I edited that myself and did not see the issue he mentions. It ended up being a rather high review when you look at the average but that is bound to happen every now and then and I do my best to keep the reviewers' collective enthusiasm in check.

I'll also reiterate what Machina said. He and I are in charge of reviews and have never let anything like this affect the reviews side of things. We may not always get things right according to the readers, but it is always the individual writer's honest opinion.

Machina said:
mantlepiecek said:
This would only be a problem if there was any negative press for killzone 3, infamous 2 and GT5 at that time. I can't think of any.

What I want to know is if the reviews are affected by this?

Absolutely not.

I want to categorically say that in all of my time on the review team not once have I felt pressure to alter my scores as a result of receiving review copies or us having an ad campaign going on for the game - the subject has never once even been broached by anyone, I'm proud to say, and I'm confident everyone else on the review team will be able to say the same thing (heck, the OP is the first I'd heard about any of this). But I'm angry about how this is going to look, because no matter what any of us say, this is understandably going to lead people to question gamrReview's credibility.

Thanks for clearing up. ioi's post was also very well detailed.

From what I have read, I have to say that vgchartz is in the right. They only planned to postpone any negative news for the titles, and there is no evidence that they actually did. So all the "journalistic integrity loss" and all that is invalid.

Runa216 said:
maverick40 said:
Boutros said:

no, b ut I gave it a 2.1....and that's not trolling, I can back it up.  

You're SSDNINJA?