By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - The Box-Office Thread.

Can Disney beat Universal's record 2015 domestic gross - $2.445 billion?

It will fall short of tha... 4 13.33%

Finding Dory, Doctor Stra... 20 66.67%

It's going to be very cl... 6 20.00%

Total:30

Even if it doesn't gross more it will selll MORE tickets than Avengers, in opening weekend & overall.

Remember Avengers was 3D...this isn't.

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network

THE AMAZING SPIDERMAN is, wait for it......AMAZING!!!!!

darthdevidem01 said:
Even if it doesn't gross more it will selll MORE tickets than Avengers, in opening weekend & overall.

That doesn't mean much. If we are going by pure volume, a lot of movies easily beat the best movies of today.  It is all about the $ revenue and profit created from that $ revenue. 

Also why are you guys necessarily comparing it to the Avengers, if anything  you guys should talk about it beating batman franchise record total (screw domestic only bs).

Acevil said:
darthdevidem01 said:

That doesn't mean much. If we are going by pure volume, a lot of movies easily beat the best movies of today.  It is all about the $ revenue and profit created from that $ revenue. 

Also why are you guys necessarily comparing it to the Avengers, if anything  you guys should talk about it beating batman franchise record total (screw domestic only bs).

It does as we'll be comparing two films released very close to one another and from the same genre and from the same year. Studios don't care but us Batman fanboys do. 

In terms of ticket sales TDKR will win the year. 

If we look at just the bat franchise it will destroy TDK worldwide and become number 1

spurgeonryan said:
My local theater is playing Batman Begins at 630, The Dark knight at 9pm, and then the midnight showing of Rises. Pretty cool huh?

AWESOME!!! i wish something like that happend over here :(

Intel Core i7 3770K [3.5GHz]|MSI Big Bang Z77 Mpower|Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1866 2 x 4GB|MSI GeForce GTX 560 ti Twin Frozr 2|OCZ Vertex 4 128GB|Corsair HX750|Cooler Master CM 690II Advanced|

Around the Network
Acevil said:
darthdevidem01 said:

Because a lot of people view Batman as better. (Look at the avatars! )

Fusioncode said:

If TDKR had 3D then it would have crushed the Avengers OW but now I'm not so sure. I feel a little bad for Spidey though, looks like it's just barely gonna make 250$ million domestic.

It has IMAX which most people like better then 3D anyway (not everyone can see 3D, gives some people headaches).

With the recent shootings clouded the fate of this movies box office future is, even WB admits that in a recent statement.

Of course at a time like this no-one should care about the box office...but we are mourning the tragedy in the other thread so we can try to stay as objective as possible in regards the the effects on the box office in this thread.

The dark side clouds everything...

pezus said:

Yes, horrible about the shootings. Why people do such things is beyond me...I don't even want to know.

Can you link to their statement? This might have a small effect perhaps in USA, but barely any in the other markets.

http://mashable.com/2012/07/20/warner-bros-batman-shooting-statement/

They even said they contemplated cancelling all weekend showing of TDKR but decided against it. 

3D maybe the difference between it and the avengers!