By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - The Box-Office Thread.

Can Disney beat Universal's record 2015 domestic gross - $2.445 billion?

It will fall short of tha... 4 13.33%

Finding Dory, Doctor Stra... 20 66.67%

It's going to be very cl... 6 20.00%

Total:30
spurgeonryan said:
Shinobi-san said:
spurgeonryan said:
darthdevidem01 said:
Still feel Hunger Games run was more impressive than Avengers lol.

I mean if you asked me a question about "Would Avengers make how much it made or would Hunger Games make how much it made" a year ago I'd say Avengers would have had the greater chance

Are you saying that after Marketing and production budget that Hunger Games will do better than The Avengers?

Spiderman was alright. Little better than the 3rd one. I expect the next one to be really good or else. Enough with these re-boots!

What ?!?!?

Best comic based movie so far this year.

A little better than the 3rd one? Comon thats just trollin! The third spiderman movie was close to awful...This spiderman was really good!

@ Bold

Would be if I said it was the worst movie of all time. I had problems with the third one and I had problems with this one. I liked it less than Spiderman one, and more than spiderman 3. I think The Avengers 1.3 billion plus gross proves what the world thought was the best comic based movie of the year. Because The Avengers was great! A few snarky internet remarks here and there does not mean nothing compared to facts.

so you saying that this was the best comic based movie of the year when it obviously wasn't is actually just trollin. It may end up being 3rd or 4th behind Batman and The Avengers this year.

you cant be serious about the avengers? I mean it was a great action movie...but nothing more than that. It was obviously going to do well given the hype and the fact that the movie actually lived up to the hype...but apart from the amazing action and some nice comedy it wasnt an epic movie. Any movie goer would agree.

I think spiderman was a better movie, and i think most sane people who dont get blinded by some nice action scenes would agree.

Like darth said though TDKR will crush both.

And i was only kidding about the trollin bit...no need to get serious.

Also basing anything on which movie sold more is ridiculous, you should know this? I guess you think COD is a better game than Zelda.

Expected more from you spurge.

Intel Core i7 3770K [3.5GHz]|MSI Big Bang Z77 Mpower|Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1866 2 x 4GB|MSI GeForce GTX 560 ti Twin Frozr 2|OCZ Vertex 4 128GB|Corsair HX750|Cooler Master CM 690II Advanced|

Around the Network
spurgeonryan said:
Shinobi-san said:
spurgeonryan said:
darthdevidem01 said:

I mean if you asked me a question about "Would Avengers make how much it made or would Hunger Games make how much it made" a year ago I'd say Avengers would have had the greater chance

Are you saying that after Marketing and production budget that Hunger Games will do better than The Avengers?

Spiderman was alright. Little better than the 3rd one. I expect the next one to be really good or else. Enough with these re-boots!

What ?!?!?

A little better than the 3rd one? Comon thats just trollin! The third spiderman movie was close to awful...This spiderman was really good!

@ Bold

Would be if I said it was the worst movie of all time. I had problems with the third one and I had problems with this one. I liked it less than Spiderman one, and more than spiderman 3. I think The Avengers 1.3 billion plus gross proves what the world thought was the best comic based movie of the year. Because The Avengers was great! A few snarky internet remarks here and there does not mean nothing compared to facts.

so you saying that this was the best comic based movie of the year when it obviously wasn't is actually just trollin. It may end up being 3rd or 4th behind Batman and The Avengers this year.

I also didnt make any snarky comments towards avengers not sure where you got that from.

Intel Core i7 3770K [3.5GHz]|MSI Big Bang Z77 Mpower|Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1866 2 x 4GB|MSI GeForce GTX 560 ti Twin Frozr 2|OCZ Vertex 4 128GB|Corsair HX750|Cooler Master CM 690II Advanced|

Avengers to me felt like a by the formula action movie...no emotional investment...no nothing. It almost felt mechanical. Now 2 months later I have completely forgotten about the plot of the avengers...apart from some cool "hurr durr cool" scenes like Hulk punching thor & smashing loki around I don't remember much of the movie. Yet I still remember Spider-man 1 & 2 completely...and even Iron Man. 

Oh yeah Iron Man making the planes engine run was cool.

And I expected more emotion in the movie especially as Joss Whedon was directing.

The massive circle jerk around the movie from critics is something I will never understand...one critic even said he knows the movie isn't that great objectively...but as it's so much fun he gave it 5 stars. It's funny even. 

Not surprised audiences loved it as it is one of the best "blockbusters" for sure...not hard when your surrounded by transformers & pirates though.

Amazing Spidey had emotion & a cast I fell in love with. Really didn't need much from a movie setting it up, I'm emotionally invested now...hope the next movie makes blows it out the park.

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Nothing, be proud of your opinion....enjoying things is a good thing....it's always better to have enjoyed a movie than to have been disappointed by it...you win in the end as you gained fun from it. But just don't attack shinobi san for his opinion lol.

Not seen either John Carter or Battleship...actually maybe I saw half of John Carter.

I think sometimes seeing a movie years later can change your opinion. It happened with me for Batman Begins...but that's because I just didn't understand the movie when I was 13 years old...and my mind was completely blinded by Star Wars Episode 3 Revenge Of The Sith's awesomness at the time.

Then thanks to TDK I never bothered seeing Begins again till a month ago...I was blown away then. Best origin story ever.

I am not a comic fan dear, I have never read a single comic book about a superhero.

I just love superhero movies & have knowledge about the tone of these comic books & some important stuff that happened in them.

Oh lol..you went a bit too sarcastic this time...I know you are but when I read the post even to me it sounded like you got angry...I thought maybe you were having a bad day n this kinda blew the lid off lololol!

Around the Network

For me personally The Avengers is the most overrated movie of the year but maybe its because i dont like Iron man, Thor and those other heroes not that much.

For me personally Batman Dark Knight and the amazing spiderman are the best superhero movies by a mile.

I liked John Carter :D

Hell i thought Ninja Assassin and The Warriors way were classics... all opinion in the end :P

spurgeonryan said:
darthdevidem01 said:

Nothing, be proud of your opinion....enjoying things is a good thing....it's always better to have enjoyed a movie than to have been disappointed by it...you win in the end as you gained fun from it. But just don't attack shinobi san for his opinion lol.

Not seen either John Carter or Battleship...actually maybe I saw half of John Carter.

I think sometimes seeing a movie years later can change your opinion. It happened with me for Batman Begins...but that's because I just didn't understand the movie when I was 13 years old...and my mind was completely blinded by Star Wars Episode 3 Revenge Of The Sith's awesomness at the time.

Then thanks to TDK I never bothered seeing Begins again till a month ago...I was blown away then. Best origin story ever.

@ bold

:( I thought he attacked me first? No, I was not attacking. Just being over sarcastic and dramatic. That is my way. As I said on Pezus;'s wall, I am happy that you Comic fans got what you wanted out of Spidermans new adventure. Just was not my cup of tea. I enjoyed it, but I would not drink it again. Probably just on TV.

I dont attack people on my friends list!

>.<

Any of you nerds learn the song they sing in the Hobbit trailer? ^^

Shinobi-san said:
spurgeonryan said:
darthdevidem01 said:

What ?!?!?

SPOILERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It was just alright when you get down to it. The Lizard could have looked better. The screenwriting could use ALOT of work. One example would be the scene where Parker is coming out of the basement after finding his dad's briefcase, crying. Why would he be crying? He already knows his father is gone so why be so dramatically out of place? OK, one more example would be when at the beginning of the movie where Parker is getting beatedid up for standing up for the kid and then Gwen comes in....WTF was that???????? Now it's not dramatic enough.

Overall it was alright and definitely can't wait to see what they do with my favorite superhero in the next one.