By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - The Box-Office Thread.

Can Disney beat Universal's record 2015 domestic gross - $2.445 billion?

It will fall short of tha... 4 13.33%

Finding Dory, Doctor Stra... 20 66.67%

It's going to be very cl... 6 20.00%

Total:30
spurgeonryan said:
Didn't the last Ice Age movie get close to a billion world wide? Maybe I am thinking of something else.

$886M. I wouldn't say that's close to 1 billion ,but IA4 cracking up $1b is not out of the question.

Around the Network

I don't know if Ice Age 4 can make 1 billion world wide but its pretty much guaranteed to make over $600 million overseas its already over halfway their making $339 million so far.

Ice age, spiderman, and ted still pretty good. With TDK and the hobbit still coming I think we got a record year, dont think next year will be able to compete.

Still feel Hunger Games run was more impressive than Avengers lol.

I mean if you asked me a question about "Would Avengers make how much it made or would Hunger Games make how much it made" a year ago I'd say Avengers would have had the greater chance

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Any of you guys watch spiderman yet? :)

thoughts?

I thought it was pretty dam good! Hope it continues to do well at the box office.

Intel Core i7 3770K [3.5GHz]|MSI Big Bang Z77 Mpower|Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1866 2 x 4GB|MSI GeForce GTX 560 ti Twin Frozr 2|OCZ Vertex 4 128GB|Corsair HX750|Cooler Master CM 690II Advanced|

Around the Network
Shinobi-san said:
Any of you guys watch spiderman yet? :)

thoughts?

I thought it was pretty dam good! Hope it continues to do well at the box office.

YEah great film. Loved the cast a lot which is a good sign for the next film.

Audiences seem to be attached to Gwen...it means the big tragedy is going to resonate a lot when they do it. 

Yeah was a great movie. I will watch it again next friday on open air cinema. Looking forward to Drak Knight Rises too.

spurgeonryan said:
darthdevidem01 said:

I mean if you asked me a question about "Would Avengers make how much it made or would Hunger Games make how much it made" a year ago I'd say Avengers would have had the greater chance

Are you saying that after Marketing and production budget that Hunger Games will do better than The Avengers?

Spiderman was alright. Little better than the 3rd one. I expect the next one to be really good or else. Enough with these re-boots!

No I'm ssaying I find Hunger Games gross more surprising & hence ultimately impressive. 

spurgeonryan said:
darthdevidem01 said:

Are you saying that after Marketing and production budget that Hunger Games will do better than The Avengers?

Spiderman was alright. Little better than the 3rd one. I expect the next one to be really good or else. Enough with these re-boots!

What ?!?!?

Best comic based movie so far this year.

A little better than the 3rd one? Comon thats just trollin! The third spiderman movie was close to awful...This spiderman was really good!

Intel Core i7 3770K [3.5GHz]|MSI Big Bang Z77 Mpower|Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1866 2 x 4GB|MSI GeForce GTX 560 ti Twin Frozr 2|OCZ Vertex 4 128GB|Corsair HX750|Cooler Master CM 690II Advanced|

TASM was better than Avengers.

TDKR will bury them both.