By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - The Box-Office Thread.

Can Disney beat Universal's record 2015 domestic gross - $2.445 billion?

It will fall short of tha... 4 13.33%

Finding Dory, Doctor Stra... 20 66.67%

It's going to be very cl... 6 20.00%

Total:30

He was crying because it reminded him of his dad.

Gwen came in because she wanted to help him and she obviously liked him. lulz

SPOILERS!!!!!!!!! Sorry...

No, he was crying because he had a camera on him and it was his job to cry. That's how I felt about that scene. Result of good actor with poor screenwriting.

Yes, Gwen came in to intervene on the situation but the execution was entirely anti-climactic. She just asks the bully/boyfriend a question, it all stops and the scene ends. W...T...F! Again, poor screenwriting.

There are many scenes in this movie that were done right with good direction and looked cool but then there's scene's like the two above that are just there because it fits the hollywood scene.

Around the Network

"Additionally, The Dark Knight Rises has an insanely long runtime (164 minutes) which will prevent it from getting in as many showings per screen as The Avengers. "

Hmm interesting. That's something I had never thought about before.

Nice they added 29 theater for the Dark Knight Rises opening since I first posted the theater count. I expect it to gross over $600 million dollars domestically by the time its finished showing.

If TDKR had 3D then it would have crushed the Avengers OW but now I'm not so sure. I feel a little bad for Spidey though, looks like it's just barely gonna make 250$ million domestic.

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

Boutros said:

"Additionally, The Dark Knight Rises has an insanely long runtime (164 minutes) which will prevent it from getting in as many showings per screen as The Avengers. "

Hmm interesting. That's something I had never thought about before.

It was also a big isue the LOTR movies & Titanic had as the running times were huge for both so daily shows were limited compared to other movies. 

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network

TDKR > Avengers after all is said and done. Mark my words!

pezus said:

TDKR set for second widest opening ever in America, behind only one Twilight flick (huh?!), with 4,404 locations.

Forecast: http://www.boxofficemojo.com/news/?id=3490&p=.htm
Highlight: 

Thanks to an attention-grabbing campaign, the exorbitant pent-up demand, and the insane popularity of its predecessor, it's likely that the movie winds up on the higher end of this range, and barely beats The Avengers's $207.4 million record.

Weekend Forecast (July 20-22)
1. The Dark Knight Rises - $214.7 million (new record)
2. Ice Age 4 - $26.6 million (-43%)
3. The Amazing Spider-Man - $16.7 million (-51%)
4. Ted - $13.7 million (-39%)

Bar for Success
The Dark Knight's opening weekend theater average adjusts to approximately $40,000 in 2012 dollars. The Dark Knight Rises needs to match that figure, which translates to $175 million across its 4,404 locations. 

That's  a very high prediction! I kind of hope it does break the record, though. =3

NintendoPie said:
pezus said:

TDKR set for second widest opening ever in America, behind only one Twilight flick (huh?!), with 4,404 locations.

Forecast: http://www.boxofficemojo.com/news/?id=3490&p=.htm
Highlight: 

Thanks to an attention-grabbing campaign, the exorbitant pent-up demand, and the insane popularity of its predecessor, it's likely that the movie winds up on the higher end of this range, and barely beats The Avengers's $207.4 million record.

Weekend Forecast (July 20-22)
1. The Dark Knight Rises - $214.7 million (new record)
2. Ice Age 4 - $26.6 million (-43%)
3. The Amazing Spider-Man - $16.7 million (-51%)
4. Ted - $13.7 million (-39%)

Bar for Success
The Dark Knight's opening weekend theater average adjusts to approximately $40,000 in 2012 dollars. The Dark Knight Rises needs to match that figure, which translates to $175 million across its 4,404 locations. 

That's  a very high prediction! I kind of hope it does break the record, though. =3

Everyone with a good taste in movies should hope that.

Well as much as i would love to see The Dark Knight Rises doing such numbers i highly belief that it wont beat the Anvengers opening weekend for several reasons.

I stay by my prediction 1B worldwide when all is said and done.

People must remember that even if it falls shortly behind The Avengers' OW , it will have better weekdays.
Having a BETTER OW than The Avengers would absolutely guarantee a higher overall domestic gross.