By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Japan and WW are up - 2nd July 2011

Wow did Halo Reach get another pricecut?

Around the Network

Wow, things must be slow if freakin Zumba is number 1..

Wii beginning to slide again, though at the same time impressive that it's still hanging onto a lead considering its lack of games compared to the HD twins. Could really use Zelda, and Last Story/Xenoblade couldn't hurt either, *AHEM* Nintendo of America, I'm lookin at you!

yo_john117 said:

Wow did Halo Reach get another pricecut?

MSRP is still $60 so it still hasn't had an official pricecut.

but online prices currently in the USA

Amazon- Fluctuates from $30-40

BestBuy- $51

Walmart $34

Gamestop- $60 new $50 used

The walmart price is probably the biggest reason for the boost. Not sure what the price was a few weeks ago when halo reach was averaging around 20k a week.

Anyway boring week yay yay. 360 will drop below 100k next week probably. Comparing ps3 black ops numbers compared to 360 black ops over the past few weeks makes me think the ps3 cod bundle sold 10k this week. PS3 will probably drop 4-7k in Americas once that bundle gets sold out as we don't know what percent of bundle buyers would have bought a ps3 anyway. Wii dropping fast too but at least the software is selling decently compared to the competition.

BenVTrigger said:
These sales are almost painful to look at. Man the industry is in serious decline, even for summer. You know I was a firm beliver that we were still far away from the next-gen but with all the systems showing such significant declines we have to see at least a new console announcement next year from MS.

Anyways other things to note Infamous 2 sales are already lower than Kinect Adventures world wide, which is a shame the game is selling so poorly it really is my GOTY so far.

Halo Reach's legs are just awesome, even outselling a Black Ops this week.

Zumba doing excellent on the Wii and on its way to being a million seller for the 360.

Zelda on its way to being the first million seller on the 3DS

Keep in mind that the consoles are still priced $149/199/299.  By this point last gen, the GameCube was $99 and the PS2 and Xbox were both $149.

small44 said:
Can some one do a comparaision beetween grand turismo 4 and 5?

Can't do an accurate analysis but here you go.

Between GT4's 27th-36th week, it sold 5.71m-5.98m. GT5's sales is 6.33m. There is a gap of 350K between GT5's 32nd week and GT4's 36th week.

Around the Network
kowenicki said:
BOOM... I'm on fire today!

Japan saved the world and you went berserk this week! Is there a hidden link between the two events?   

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

hmmm...very meh week...
looks like the wii pricecut effect is almost gone
PS3 holding up ok(good week in both japan and NA)
360 just made it to 100k(most likely will be below it next week)
3DS sales...-_-

not liking infamous 2 sales...they're okay but I expected more
AWESOME stuff coming from Halo Reach, these legs are looking might damn fine!

I've got a full look at first half trends up (and the text is back in) for anyone curious:

http://www.vgchartz.com/article/87132/top-selling-h1-2011-games-by-platform-multiplatform-amp-hw-trends/

It includes multiplatform hits to date.

I'm personally having difficulty seeing 2011 as anything other than the bottom of the hardware cycle. There are going to be 75-80m systems sold this year, vs. 100m in 2008, 82m in 2010, and 88m or so in 2009. In 2012, Vita and 3DS become more established, the price cuts wear off again, but we get Wii U and possibly X720 (since I'm not too sure how much X360 will perk up now with a price cut - its going to be under 100k for a few weeks it looks like) and / or PS4.

People are difficult to govern because they have too much knowledge.

When there are more laws, there are more criminals.

- Lao Tzu

Wii doing good... only needs games-> Are you listening reggie? Games...
Ds still doing fine, Pokemon numbers are amazing, almost 100K...
3ds still doing just ok, same situation as the wii, it needs more games... It seems most third parties are going to wait until nintendo releases mario 3ds and mario kart before releasing their games...

Menx64

3DS code: 1289-8222-7215

NNid: Menx064

Damn these sales arent as bad as your comments make them in my opinion but well see how things go.