By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Japan and WW are up - 2nd July 2011

japan sales lift the 360 over 100k this week! who says they don't matter?

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

Around the Network

What's with the PS3 increase in Japan?

price cut, come fast please!

Good job PS3, a little longer and you might get above Wii. Based on historical precedent, are the 3DS sales actually meh, or is it just getting overblown?

A few things for this week.
1. The effects of summer are having their way with hardware/software. everything keeps going down for now until bigger game releases, and change of the season to Fall.

2. PS3 had a significant jump in Japan. Looks like Street Fighter IV Arcade edition had some to do with it.

3. Price cuts just around the corner for PS3, and X360. Wii will continue to decrease overall with dispersed weeks of increase until Skyward Sword.

Around the Network

Nintendo software doing good and wii on top again.

Buying in 2015: Captain toad: treasure tracker,

mario maker

new 3ds

yoshi woolly world

zelda U

majora's mask 3d

kowenicki said:

so when are the expected price cuts? what are the rumours? any specific events coming up that may host a price cut announcement?

Sony will likely cut price at Gamescom on Aug 18th ( i think that's the date of that conference)   And MS in my opinion will cut price a week after that.

Where's the downward adjustment for 1M for wii?

Buying in 2015: Captain toad: treasure tracker,

mario maker

new 3ds

yoshi woolly world

zelda U

majora's mask 3d

New model was released in Japan. And you know its summer when Zumba Fitness is Number 1!!! haha

PSN: Saugeen-Uwo     Feel free to add me (put Vg Chartz as MSG)!

Nintendo Network ID: Saugeen-Uwo

@kowen on the fire today .

PS3 received a good boost in Japan.

GT5 sold 17,054 units this week (-2.5% week on week) / LT 6,334,933.