By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Japan and WW are up - 2nd July 2011

Carl2291 said:
kowenicki said:

or has it?  no update on PD yet....

Yes it has. The likelyhood is probably that it's undertracked. I guess we will see. When the numbers get updated to March '11, if VGC numbers are correct, then the figuers will be exactly the same on PD's site as they were for Dec '10.

I think it's like 99% likely though that we're undertracking it across EMEAA.

We're still 230k short of total December shipments in EMEAA so yeah, I'd say so.

Proudest Platinums:
1. Gran Turismo 5
2. Persona 4 Arena
3. Wipeout HD
4. Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2
5. Super Street Fighter 4

Around the Network
postofficebuddy said:

We're still 230k short of total December shipments in EMEAA so yeah, I'd say so.

See, I was gonna bring up this in my Wii/DS Overtracking thread, but I didn't want the thread itself to just get shot down for putting down Nintendo and bigging up Sony...

Zlejedi said:
PS3 almost at the place it should be ;)

As for Wii I have a feeling it might be overtracked in Europe as you still can buy old Wii from Amazon at prices below official price cut level.

People prefer to buy new stuff, and I dind't know amazon = Europe.  Also good zumba numbers show new Wii owners.  maybe We can say the same about PS3, sicne you can buy old PS3 for less than £180.

Buying in 2015: Captain toad: treasure tracker,

mario maker

new 3ds

yoshi woolly world

zelda U

majora's mask 3d

Carl2291 said:
WiseOwl said:
The 3DS has now sold over 3 million worldwide.

And there was 3.61 Million 3DS systems shipped by the end of March.

3 Months later and that shipment still hasn't sold out. It reminds me of GT5's numbers on here. GT5 has only just sold out its December shipment numbers, 6 Months later

They overshipped obviously for 3DS.

Buying in 2015: Captain toad: treasure tracker,

mario maker

new 3ds

yoshi woolly world

zelda U

majora's mask 3d

Nintendogamer said:
Zlejedi said:
PS3 almost at the place it should be ;)

As for Wii I have a feeling it might be overtracked in Europe as you still can buy old Wii from Amazon at prices below official price cut level.

People prefer to buy new stuff, and I dind't know amazon = Europe.  Also good zumba numbers show new Wii owners.  maybe We can say the same about PS3, sicne you can buy old PS3 for less than £180.

You know now.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Around the Network

I can't say why PD not updated the number yet... but the company is in change... 50 employees (of total 150) was moved from Tokyo to Fukuoka * due the the trauma Tokyo suffered during the Japan’s major earthquake *.

I guess the problems with earthquake could be delayed the update.

thismeintiel said:
Michael-5 said:
Wow PS3's number is really strong in America. How long with the Black Ops PS3 bundle go on for?

Take away that bundle, and look at a week without Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Ed boosting Japanese sales, and PS3/360 sales are within 10k of each other.

I wonder if 360 will surpass PS3 in any week before Gears 3. NCAA Football comes in 2 weeks, and Madden in 9. If the Black Ops bundle is over by then, the small lead PS3 has over 360 should be cross-able with Madden.

Looks like sales for all platforms will be going down until September. I wonder if Wii can hold worldwide lead until the PS3/360 price cut? Wii is dying.

Madden?  I'm curious to know why you feel Madden would give the 360 such a big boost over the PS3.  I mean by that time it would still proabaly have to boost the 360 by ~20-25K to have a good lead over the PS3.  And its not like Madden is a franchise that is synonymous with the 360, as it sells alright on both systems.  Not to mention it would be the 6th in the series in this gen alone, so the vast majority of Madden fans already have either a PS3 or 360.

@ OP

The PS3 keeps decreasing that sales gap.  Keep it up, Sony.  The momentum can only help you next gen.

Madden games typically sell around 90% of their games in the Americas region, a region which favors 360 5:3 over PS3. Madden has always favored the 360 over PS3, and it typically boosts 360 sales 5-10% more then PS3's (last year it was 11% for 360, and 5% for PS3). Madden boosts console sales every year by generally the same amount, remember Madden fans aren't gamers, they buy the game baised on how well the season is.

Also it doesn't need 20-25k, it needs 10k. Only 3 weeks ago the PS3/360 difference was 11k, and shrinking (it was even just 9k the week of LA Noire). Then Activision released a Black Ops 160GB PS3 bundle for $300. This is why Black Ops suddenly jumped from 20k weekly sales on PS3 to 40k, which is above the 360 version. This is also why PS3 got an 18% boost in weekly sales in only the Americas region on the week of June 18th. When this bundle is over, the gap should shrink substantially.

So if the difference is 9% (just like before the CoD bundle), Madden may be enough to give 360 a single week before Gears to surpass PS3 pre-orders. For reference 360 boosted 6% more then PS3 last year, 8% more in 2009, 12% more in 2008, and 7% more in 2007. It will be a close week regardless, and the difference probably won't be a big win for either console.

I'm very curious to see where PS3 settles to after the CoD bundle. PS3 sales are normally 20k lower in Americas, the gap will be small,but still a PS3 lead.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

I just found out that inFamous was offered as digital download a full year after it was released while inFamous 2 was offered as digital download release upon release. This could be the reason for the lukewarm inFamous 2 sales sales. inFamous 2 could be doing a LOT for all we know (and I'm going to pretend that's the case).

Same thing for LittleBigPlanet 2. LBP1 was offered as digital download nearly two years after release, while LBP2 was offered for digital download upon release.

Wish there was a way to view digital download sales.

inFAMOUS 2 is undertracked... NPD: 370k VGC: 332k

ethomaz said:
inFAMOUS 2 is undertracked... NPD: 370k VGC: 332k

Good Eye, damn I want that game now.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results