By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Japan and WW are up - 2nd July 2011

kowenicki said:
*Sound Of Rain said:
ethomaz said:

GT5 sold 17,054 units this week (-2.5% week on week).

How do you know how much a game sold if its outside of the top 40?

week on week total sales comparison from the games homepage on vgc

I am sorry LOL...I still am confused.

I went to VGC and typed in Gran Turismo 5 and went to its sales page...but then what? 

Around the Network
*Sound Of Rain said:
ethomaz said:

GT5 sold 17,054 units this week (-2.5% week on week).

How do you know how much a game sold if its outside of the top 40?

Because every week I save the LT numbers .

Allfreedom99 said:
A few things for this week.
1. The effects of summer are having their way with hardware/software. everything keeps going down for now until bigger game releases, and change of the season to Fall.

2. PS3 had a significant jump in Japan. Looks like Street Fighter IV Arcade edition had some to do with it.

3. Price cuts just around the corner for PS3, and X360. Wii will continue to decrease overall with dispersed weeks of increase until Skyward Sword.

The thing is, are price cuts coming soon? I don't think so. Normally, cuts are leaked around 6-10 weeks in advance (wii cut in May, leaked in March). So even if we know about the cut today, it still probably won't happen until September. Then, 360 will be around 80-85k, and PS3 around 100-110k (Wii 100-115k). That's too late IMO, all the boosts will happen at once and you'll have this HUGE Q3 loss... OT: Wii still first, but gap is closing! PS3 and Wii up in Japan...why? 360 in trouble (that decrease yoy, even with slim, is poor), as is DS. 3DS continues its slow start. Zumba on top=summer lull.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

kowenicki said:

nothing.

but if you had done that same last week then you would know the difference wouldnt you.

Oh! so you have to know what it already was last week...well thats dumb LOL.

Anyway for these sales #'s:

Price Cuts are needed with the PS3 & 360...and Wii but it just had one so never mind. As for the PSP, DS, & 3DS?

I think that all 3 are doing decent. 3DS will do great this Holiday and DS and PSP are being replaced so they are fine too.

kowenicki said:

YOY: 

Wii: DOWN 9%  (price cut? what price cut?)

PS3: DOWN 25% (can I have one of those ^ please?)

360: DOWN 49% (^ me too....(Slim, but would still be down by a significant amount))

PS2: DOWN 58%  (see ya)

PSP DOWN  41% (Vita?  Hello?)

3DS - crappola - (DS & 3DS combined DOWN 42%  !!)

Total hardware: DOWN 36%

Total software: DOWN 27%

Maybe we do need nex-gen to start in a year or two.

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network

These sales are almost painful to look at. Man the industry is in serious decline, even for summer. You know I was a firm beliver that we were still far away from the next-gen but with all the systems showing such significant declines we have to see at least a new console announcement next year from MS.

Anyways other things to note Infamous 2 sales are already lower than Kinect Adventures world wide, which is a shame the game is selling so poorly it really is my GOTY so far.

Halo Reach's legs are just awesome, even outselling a Black Ops this week.

Zumba doing excellent on the Wii and on its way to being a million seller for the 360.

Zelda on its way to being the first million seller on the 3DS

BenVTrigger said:

Halo Reach's legs are just awesome, even outselling a Black Ops this week.

After read that I checked and I was surprised due the fact the PS3 Black Ops bundle is selling way better than I expected.

Reach is doing really good .

All sales from meh to poor.

The HD consoles need pricecuts and the Wii needs software I guess, though most of the top 10 is Wii titles.

This time of the year is very quiet, people care more about their holidays than videogames I guess.

No troll is too much for me to handle. I rehabilitate trolls, I train people. I am the Troll Whisperer.

kowenicki said:

YOY: 

Wii: DOWN 9%  (price cut? what price cut?)

PS3: DOWN 25% (can I have one of those ^ please?)

360: DOWN 49% (^ me too....(Slim, but would still be down by a significant amount))

PS2: DOWN 58%  (see ya)

PSP DOWN  41% (Vita?  Hello?)

3DS - crappola - (DS & 3DS combined DOWN 42%  !!)

Total hardware: DOWN 36%

Total software: DOWN 27%

*plays some funeral music*

DKCR is still doing great and Zelda OoT is on it's way to 1m.

Can some one do a comparaision beetween grand turismo 4 and 5?

PS4 - over 100 millions let's say 120m
Xbox One - 70m
Wii U - 25m

Vita - 15m if it will not get Final Fantasy Kingdoms Heart and Monster Hunter 20m otherwise
3DS - 80m