***Now Confirmed for Europe as well, courtesy of good ol' NoE***
Go Vacation (Namco)
- Open world game
- Style looks similar to Wii Sports Resort, only much Much bigger
- 50 unique activities - so far they all look fun - including skiing, hang-gliding, horseback riding, scuba-diving...
- Mii support
- Local multi-player for up to 4 players
- Players can play different activities AT THE SAME TIME
- online multi-player
- motion-plus support
- Balance Board and Zapper support
- additional games: Car-Racing, LIGHT SABER fighting, Water gun wars
- available in US/EU this Fall
- Going for $39.99 on Amazon (thanks bmmb1 for the find!)
- If you still hate this game, there is a mini-game that allows you to throw your avatar off a building! (aka bungee jumping to your death)
- If you like what you see, check out this game from Prope!
To be honest, this is pretty much what I wanted out of a Wii Sports 3, or an Endless Ocean 3. (more like Endless World, which I am digging)
Looks extremely varied and I love the idea of having an open world tie everything together. Also, grinding on buildings FTW!!
Truth is, if Wii had a game like this with a more sophisticated art style and a deep story to tie everything together it could have been my game of the generation!
This just moved up my list and made me sad the 'genre' wasn't explored more on Wii at the same time. Just imagine a game like this set in the Beyond Good & Evil universe, or a nifty James Bond experience with all the trimmings, or a sequel to Crystal Bearers with a longer story and more RPG elements...
I could go on for quite a while...
Special Bonus Video! Many thanks to TomaTito for the 2nd vid and more importantly for bringing everyone's attention to this game
One more video added by request: Racing!!
and some awesome screens I found on the game's site:
You don't need Wii U for asymmetrical multi-player:
Check out the lovely draw-distance:
Everybody loves animals:
And a few more for fun: