By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Worried People Aren’t Buying 3DS’ Magic

Beuli2 said:

Pokémon

Pretty sure it's the main one keeping the DS sales strong regardless of having to compete against the 3DS.

Around the Network
Beuli2 said:
Play4Fun said:
Beuli2 said:

They should be, because now they are stuck with it for 5 years and no one really cares about 3D.

People care about games.

Unike Nintendo and the internet, I don't see many people rushing out to buy a 3DS for a remake of a N64 Zelda or for classics screwed up in 3D. Do you think if a Super Mario Bros had been released on the N64 it would have saved it? Of course not. The 3DS won't be bought just because there is one Pokémon there or a Mario Kart here, it's genral direction is screwed up.

In what way would a classic be screwed up in 3d? also theres plenty of games coming that will help sales alot. How is it general direction screwed up, by having good third party support? Better games is what the 3ds needs and how do you know no one cares about 3d? Alot of people prob bought the system expecting a cool experience but im sure most are waiting for better games or a price cut.

Im one who doesnt care about the 3D, the short time I had with the 3DS on Pilotwings was me looking at a double image of part of the screen and the rest looked normal and 3D. That is not how I want to play my games. Probally wouldnt of got one anyway due to the realization that my current handheld is almost never used.

Services like PSN and Wiiware have took over on the same style games I used to love playing on my handhelds so now I really dont see to much of a need.

First mistake: naming it 3DS. We've been through DS, DS lite, DSi, DSi XL... People think 3DS is just another DS, so they guess it's not necessary to buy it since they already own it, especially when the new one costs $250. Nintendo should've called it something different.

Second mistake: pricing it at $250, it's just too much specially when you could buy a 32GB iPod Touch for  few dollars more and buy a lot of casual games almost for free.

Third mistake: not having a Mario title at launch. Maybe a Mario Kart or something like that.

The concept of a dedicated gaming handheld is not that much attractive anymore, but that doesn't mean it cannot sell well. Just create a great music and movie/TV service for the handheld and a lot of people is going to buy the system.

I think this is good info. Also, I like to hear when they match their predictions, but also when that doesn't happen and what the want to do to solve this.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Around the Network

Uh...Games?

Games.

Games!

It'll pick up, you know it. It's all about the G A M E S

Zelda WILL sell systems, Mario Kart WILL sell systems, Hell, even Paper Mario WILL sell systems.

LISTEN TO THE FIRST WORLD PODCAST REAL GAMERS, REAL AWESOME

Software, again. No-one will buy into the 3D gimmick without the right software behind it, the damning purpose of a soft-launch without major killer apps

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Meh I bought mine for Zelda and Snake Eater.  Though I probably should have waited cause I'm sure the 3DS is gonna be 200 soon.

I just want another DS, besides that I wouldn't really pay attention to the sales, at least not in the first year. 

Mr Khan said:

Software, again. No-one will buy into the 3D gimmick without the right software behind it, the damning purpose of a soft-launch without major killer apps

Yeah, it's not that people don't get how awesome 3D is supposed to be. We just don't think it's awesome without good content. Same as touchscreen controls wouldn't work without good games that showed them off (Angry Birds, Nintendogs), and motion controls without good games (Wii Sports, Dance Central).

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs