By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Worried People Aren’t Buying 3DS’ Magic

axt113 said:
bazmeistergen said:
axt113 said:

I think its time for Iwata and Miyamoto to step down and quietly retire (and take Sakmoto and a few others with them), they are no longer helping Nintendo, instead their direction is a danger to Nintendo's future and its shareholders, they clearly don't understand the consumer or the market.

They clearly know some consumers (as they are all different, it is impossible to know them all) and have sold the system to them. All products are explained through advertising and it is how these are shown that makes the difference. The 3DS needs to hit a critical mass and doing so in April was always going to be a challenge. Nintendo have a lot of cards left to play.

Wii and DS were very easy for consumers to get, it required very little to get people interested, the 3DS shouldnt; need Nintendo trying to push consumers to use it and appreciate it.

You say they have cards to play, nothng they have shown indicates that they even understand the problem the market has withthe 3DS.

Easy to be critical, more tricky to do something about it. Tell me what Nintendo should have done to replace the DS?

I think the hardware is better, it does everything the DS does (and better) plus a load more. It's also doing much better than the DS did in its first month, by a large margin.

Yes.

www.spacemag.org - contribute your stuff... satire, comics, ideas, debate, stupidy stupid etc.

Around the Network
axt113 said:

I think its time for Iwata and Miyamoto to step down and quietly retire (and take Sakmoto and a few others with them), they are no longer helping Nintendo, instead their direction is a danger to Nintendo's future and its shareholders, they clearly don't understand the consumer or the market.

Considering that Miyamoto is behind pretty much all of Nintendo's multi million successes on the Wii and DS, please tell me you're not serious....   Without Wii Sports, I fear for what would have happened to the Wii.

Can't this forum go one day without someone creating a nintendo is doomed thread, it didn't reach the expected 4 million sales in less than two months and it's already being labeled the next PS3. And what's all this talk about the name being bad for sales, do people really have such a poor view of consumers that they don't believe consumers could do the proper research inorder to decide which game system is right for them. The 3DS is a nintendo platform meaning its first party software is going to be the main reason people buy it, mario, zelda, pokemon thats the main reason why people buy their systems, not motion controls, not 3D. I just feel all of this hate is due to the fact nintendo didn't launch with heavy third party support and alot of people feel betrayed, but once E3 comes around people will be singing their prase once again with OoT 3D, Star Fox 3D and the eshop.

I don't get why people are doubting Nintendo here. The DS did not do any better at this point in its life at all, and yet a year later it was darn near impossible to find one if you didn't already buy yours.  Slow uptake on a hadnheld is nothing to be concerned with.  Even when they launch with pretty big first day libraries it stil takes them a long time to build up killer apps because devs focus more on consoles.  Once the killer apps start rolling in the 3DS will start printing money just like the last two pieces of hardware they made.  And since 3rd parties are on board, they will roll in.  The thing is that it's hard to make a killer app when you've only know for 12 months that this piece of hardware is the one going to market.Once the teams that have known it for 24 months start releasing their games next year the 3DS is going to be a force to recon with.

You do not have the right to never be offended.

I disagree with Iwata here, I think it's due to the high price tag, the lack of software (Ninty really should have had more software out by now) and it's lack of appeal to the expanded audience who made up the majority of Wii/DS. Once Nintendo rolls out some big games (Mario Kart/Super Mario/Kid Icarus etc), gets the price below $200 and has something for the expanded audience, a Brain Training perhaps, then we'll see 3DS spark off.

Around the Network

Im waiting for the games. I only have a useless game called pilot wings because I wanted to see how the 3D works on the games and not just the menus.

midorigreen said:

Can't this forum go one day without someone creating a nintendo is doomed thread, it didn't reach the expected 4 million sales in less than two months and it's already being labeled the next PS3. And what's all this talk about the name being bad for sales, do people really have such a poor view of consumers that they don't believe consumers could do the proper research inorder to decide which game system is right for them. The 3DS is a nintendo platform meaning its first party software is going to be the main reason people buy it, mario, zelda, pokemon thats the main reason why people buy their systems, not motion controls, not 3D. I just feel all of this hate is due to the fact nintendo didn't launch with heavy third party support and alot of people feel betrayed, but once E3 comes around people will be singing their prase once again with OoT 3D, Star Fox 3D and the eshop.

The funny thing is that people creating these topics KNOW that there are lots of 3rd party games on the way, and they are not out yet. They are just trying to get a chance to laugh at a console before it becomes impossible to laugh at it (ala DS, no one makes fun of it in any way because it has a giant library of games).

People also had trouble understanding all the awesome things that PS3 is bringing.

Then came slim $100 price drop and magic people understood and started rushing to the shops ;)

3DS also needs this magic $50 message to consumers I'd say.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB

3DS has no games, that's why it doesn't sell.

Bet with Dr.A.Peter.Nintendo that Super Mario Galaxy 2 won't sell 15 million copies up to six months after it's release, the winner will get Avatar control for a week and signature control for a month.

Cut the price, bring the games, and 3DS will be fine.

No troll is too much for me to handle. I rehabilitate trolls, I train people. I am the Troll Whisperer.