By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - So is this the new Nintendo System look? What do you think?

If it is real then it is an unfinished version, because the console looks too much like a PC and the controller just scream's "360 controller 6" screen so were different"

EDIT: Also the whole 'easy to port from PC / 360' That is kinda scary news, it gives me the immpression that Nintendo is trying to release a new console a new console to compete with PS3/360 instead of trying to compete with next-gen consoles.

Around the Network
Rath said:

The controller is an awful idea. Also I still don't understand the 6 inch screen idea? That's the size of a Kindle screen...

Nintendo has to challenge the upcoming, guaranteed to be ultra successful NGP SOME way right? If they don't, they surely will be ran out of business.

19:44:34 Skeezer METAL GEAR ONLINE
19:44:36 Skeezer FAILURE
19:44:51 ABadClown You're right!
19:44:55 ABadClown Hur hur hur
19:45:01 Skeezer i meant
19:45:04 Skeezer YOU ARE A FAILKURE
19:45:08 Skeezer FAILURE*
A Bad Clown said:
Rath said:

The controller is an awful idea. Also I still don't understand the 6 inch screen idea? That's the size of a Kindle screen...

Nintendo has to challenge the upcoming, guaranteed to be ultra successful NGP SOME way right? If they don't, they surely will be ran out of business.

You really are a bad clown.

I wonder if nintendo doesnt show anything after all at E3 how funny it will be?

My 3ds friendcode: 5413-0232-9676 (G-cyber)

cyberninja45 said:

I wonder if nintendo doesnt show anything after all at E3 how funny it will be?

Maybe they will just briefly mention it, and full unveil it at TGS.

Around the Network

My problem is with the scale of the controller. If that is a 6 inch screen, that would put the controller at about 11  inches (28cm) across, 6 inches from top to bottom (not including the prongs) the d-pad at about 1.75 inches (4.5cm) and topped off with two of the largest analogue sticks known to humankind.

I call bull, at least based on these screens and the reports that the controller LCD is 6 inches.

Okay. Honestly, Nintendo On looked like shit. A helmet for a game system is just plain ridiculous. This concept looks like a router, and the Wii looks like a router. Makes sense.

PS3 looked like a cooking grill, 360 looked like a heater... this leaked photo looks good compared to the current gen.

Man my computer is still down so I missed all the nice rumour convo's.

If the controller is real and actually has a 6-inch LCD HD screen, it better only cost 59.99$ and have a battery life of 8 hours.....(Impossible I know). The controller alone would cost about 90-100$ then the console if rumours are to be believed are either (PS3 graphics) (2008 PC graphics) or Next Generation graphics. If it is the latter then expect the console to be 400-500$.

If Nintendo's console is this super expensive super powered machine, don't get me wrong I'll still buy it. But who else will? Nintendo has seen Sony go that route, of course unlike PS3 Nintendo won't have a competitor for awhile so they can get away with a higher price tag.

But seriously the machine they show in these mock-ups could be the most expensive Nintendo console to date.

Heck I feel stupid even talking about a rumour to this extent.

I wouldn't be suprised if Nintendo didn't leak some of these rumours themselves just to throw people off!

-JC7

"In God We Trust - In Games We Play " - Joel Reimer

RolStoppable said:
naznatips said:

If you mean the controller, we need more touch screen games. Touch screens are an underutilized tech, and poorly at best on the iOS devices because they just try to turn them into controllers. Touch screens with real controls in addition equal better and more interesting use of the touchscreen. Also, I would expect the system is designed for multiple control schemes, since it's Wiimote compatible, so I wouldn't worry about a "control downgrade."

Personally, I'm a graphics whore, and quite comfortable with touchscreens, and dual analogs. Imagine how much less Epic Mickey would have sucked if you had another joystick to actually control your camera. I'm all for the option of not depending on auto-cameras in my games ala the Wiimote when the autocameras fail. 

That's the best example you could come up with? It's not hard to imagine what Epic Mickey would have been like with a second analog stick that controls the camera: exactly the same game. The problem of EM was that the rotation speed of the manual camera (controlled by the d-pad) was too damn slow. That's not a controller problem, that's purely a design problem that could have easily been rectified by adding an option to adjust the rotation speed like many games already incorporated before.

The problem with Epic Mickey was that it just locked out the camera controls on you altogether way too often. Having an extra stick wouldn't have fixed that, and conversely they could have fixed that with the tools they had (though i had similar complaints about Galaxy's camera. I mean Mario 64 itself had a freer camera, and relied upon the C-pad)

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.