By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - So is this the new Nintendo System look? What do you think?

Looks terrible.

Around the Network

I don't get the "looks terrible" "failure" etc. comments. It looks like a box. Like every console ever. It's a piece of plastic. Seriously, you really think there's a major aesthetic difference between the varrying consoles?

the new Nintendo definatly will not looking like this IMO...

RolStoppable said:
naznatips said:

I don't get the "looks terrible" "failure" etc. comments. It looks like a box. Like every console ever. It's a piece of plastic. Seriously, you really think there's a major aesthetic difference between the varrying consoles?

Perhaps people are commenting more on the controller than the box. No, scratch that.

People are commenting more on the controller than the box. There, better.

If you mean the controller, we need more touch screen games. Touch screens are an underutilized tech, and poorly at best on the iOS devices because they just try to turn them into controllers. Touch screens with real controls in addition equal better and more interesting use of the touchscreen. Also, I would expect the system is designed for multiple control schemes, since it's Wiimote compatible, so I wouldn't worry about a "control downgrade."

Personally, I'm a graphics whore, and quite comfortable with touchscreens, and dual analogs. Imagine how much less Epic Mickey would have sucked if you had another joystick to actually control your camera. I'm all for the option of not depending on auto-cameras in my games ala the Wiimote when the autocameras fail. 

When I say "looks terrible" I mean the hoax itself.

As a fake, this is really a bad one. Nintendo On looks better than this.

Around the Network
faifaifaifoooooi said:

You may end up being surprised... although it's clearly a render, it may be a real render. We'll see! It's only a month and a half till E3...

Nintendo could be aiming to take down the ps3 and 360 by having 2 consoles: the family friendly wii and the hardcore console, thats more powerful. 

It might have next gen graphics but Nintendo will fail in 1 department: ONLINE. 

Of Course That's Just My Opinion, I Could Be Wrong

naznatips said:
faifaifaifoooooi said:

You may end up being surprised... although it's clearly a render, it may be a real render. We'll see! It's only a month and a half till E3...

I hope I end up surprised by something that it is not what this "rumours" claim.

Come to think about it, E3 is really close!!!!

Looks almost like a slimmer 360 Slim.... Which to most, is not a good thing. 

The controller is an awful idea. Also I still don't understand the 6 inch screen idea? That's the size of a Kindle screen...