By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - why did mass effect 2 only sell 2.3m on 360?

homer said:
dsage01 said:
homer said:
dsage01 said:
homer said:

It did release along side MAG, which probably stole most of its sales....

But MAG sold like shit? Didn't it?

So 6 million is no longer great sales?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ocd1jjlxA0Q&feature=channel_video_title

When did MAG sell 6 million! It hardly crossed a million!

Sorry wrong thread, at the wring site, at the wrong  time....

That being said, MAG has Dl sales too.

Dl? what's that?

Around the Network

bioware said the mass effect series has sold 7 million copies. vgchartz has them at 5.6 million. so unless there has been 1.4 million digital downloads or we have it undertraked.

Halo MCC will sell 5+ million copies(including digital)

halo 5 will sell 10 million copies(including digital)

x1 will pass ps4 in USA, and UK.

Machina said:

What did you expect?

It's tracking nicely above the original and well on course for 3 million lifetime. I loved the game, and I wish it was doing the numbers Gears manages (and Gears did Mass Effect numbers, or worse, much worse...) but it's unreasonable to expect that.

3 million lifetime isn't bad, not all great games sell. What confuses me is how did Fable 2 sell 4 million despite getting significantly lower ratings? Why is Mass Effect 2 so far below Fable 2, Fable 3, Fallout 3, and Fallout: New Vegas? If they can all hit 3.5-4 million, Mass Effect 2 should be able to do so as well.

That all ontop of Mass Effect 2 being GOTY last year, on most websites. Just baffles me.

Also how did Uncharted 2's good ratings boost that franchises sales nearly double, but Mass Effect 2 not? I believe UC1 and ME1 are similarly rated and so are UC2 and ME2, so why did UC only suddenly get more popular?

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

I blame Miranda trying to gunfight on that sleek suit and high heels and thus completely breaking the suspension of disbelief.

dsage01 said:
homer said:
dsage01 said:
homer said:
dsage01 said:
homer said:

It did release along side MAG, which probably stole most of its sales....

But MAG sold like shit? Didn't it?

So 6 million is no longer great sales?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ocd1jjlxA0Q&feature=channel_video_title

When did MAG sell 6 million! It hardly crossed a million!

Sorry wrong thread, at the wring site, at the wrong  time....

That being said, MAG has Dl sales too.

Dl? what's that?

You can download it off psn.

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." -My good friend Mark Aurelius

Around the Network

Like everyone has said no multiplayer= no hit, it maybe the best of the year on 360, but when you have Gears2, 2 CODs RDR and Halo Reach all with multi and sand its not really going do so well, BTW do games like this do well on 360, RPG with no multi or sand box 

hudsoniscool said:

bioware said the mass effect series has sold 7 million copies. vgchartz has them at 5.6 million. so unless there has been 1.4 million digital downloads or we have it undertraked.

Americas sales for the PC version of Mass Effect and Mass Effect 2 are missing from VGC data, along with whatever it sold DD.

Maybe its because they played the first Mass Effect. Having really enjoyed Mass Effect 2, Ive rented Mass Effect 1 to try and fill the blanks in the story, Im not even half-way through the first level and Im struggling to keep going. The main thing is the gameplay mechanics, I cant even tell where I shooting. This is why I dont normally go back and play games that are several years old.

Can anyone give me some tips before I send it back?