By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - The Official NPD March 11' Thread (Data at 6:30 PM EST for 5 wks to 4/2/11)

4k1x3r said:
ethomaz said:

4k1x3r said:

Anyway double digit growth for 19 consecutive months... that means that if they sold 80,000 peripherals in that first month, now they sold  AT LEAST 490,000... that's ridiculous!

But there are no Move 19 months ago.

Yea you're right, but still, I calculated for 30k that first month and that's over 180k now, still the increase is huge, and maybe means that Move is doing better than we think.

That's my point... The Move give a good increasing in peripherals sales.

Around the Network
4k1x3r said:
ElGranCabeza said:
ethomaz said:

4k1x3r said:

Anyway double digit growth for 19 consecutive months... that means that if they sold 80,000 peripherals in that first month, now they sold  AT LEAST 490,000... that's ridiculous!

That's ALL peripherals. 

And? How does it contradict what I said? I'm not saying it's move, the DS3 or anything else, I'm just pointing out that whatever the peripherals were sold, the increase is ridiculous.

And ethomaz just pointed out that there was no Move last year, so the Move helped peripherals increase.

Hence why I quoted him, not you :)

ElGranCabeza said:
4k1x3r said:
ElGranCabeza said:
ethomaz said:

4k1x3r said:

That's ALL peripherals. 

And? How does it contradict what I said? I'm not saying it's move, the DS3 or anything else, I'm just pointing out that whatever the peripherals were sold, the increase is ridiculous.

And ethomaz just pointed out that there was no Move last year, so the Move helped peripherals increase.

Hence why I explained what ethomaz meant because I wasn't sure, ethomaz just added a point to what I said.

Btw, you still serious with the prediction in your sig?....

4k1x3r said:
ElGranCabeza said:
4k1x3r said:
ElGranCabeza said:
ethomaz said:

4k1x3r said:

That's ALL peripherals. 

Hence why I explained what ethomaz meant because I wasn't sure, ethomaz just added a point to what I said.

Btw, you still serious with the prediction in your sig?....

Let's not talk about that. I will say this, my gf and I are having a blast playing the 3DS :)

AMAZING PS3 sales, being up YOY despite  Heavy Rain, FFXIII, GOW3 and contiunued slim/price cut momentum from last year being there.

A price cut will further propel the system called the PS3 that has made the biggest comeback in gaming history!!!1

Terrible Wii sales

Amazing Xbox 360 Sales

But the star of the show has got to be the DS, pulling those numbers as 3DS stumbles out of the starting line.

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network

One thing to watch in April will be if Wii finally drops below 50,000 / week for the first time ever.

Here is what I have for historical data by the way:

Month 42-53     Month 54-65

Wii          6.71m              

X360       4.83m             7.02m

PS3         ~4.41m

PS2          5.03m            5.07m

Xbox       1.82m            negligible

GC           1.55m             0.64m

LTD US HW FIgures (Roughly):

DS - 48.8m (Nov 2004 - Nov 2009 to reach 35.4m / 60 Months)

PS2 - 45.9m (Oct 2000 - Nov 2006 to reach 35.4m / 74 Months)

Wii - 35.3m (Nov 2006 - March 2011 to reach 35.3m / 53 Months)

X360 - 26.7m

PSP - 18.6m

PS3 - 16.1m

3DS - 0.4m

People are difficult to govern because they have too much knowledge.

When there are more laws, there are more criminals.

- Lao Tzu

Some guys on gaf were comparing 3DS to PSP, which released in the US on March 24th, 2005 at $249.  Apparently the PSP did 620k that first month.

Edited to clarify dates.

makingmusic476 said:

Some guys on gaf were comparing 3DS to PSP, which released in the US on March 24th, 2005 at $249.  Apparently the PSP did 620k that first month.

Edited to clarify dates.

I think, a lot of people think 3DS is just another DS model.

My neice certainly did ...

Seece said:
makingmusic476 said:

Edited to clarify dates.

And that's not just limited to little children!

From Bloomberg:

Combined with three older models, Nintendo sold 860,000 DS units in March, Nintendo of America President Reggie Fils-Aime said, citing figures from industry tracker NPD Group Inc. A year ago, Nintendo sold 701,000 DS handhelds.

400,000 3DS & 460,000 DS (darn plus sign)

I envision "DS Units" becoming the new "PlayStation Family" lol.

Seece said:
makingmusic476 said:

Edited to clarify dates.

I said a while before release that a lot of people could end up seeing it that way