By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo fans which system do you prefer Xbox 360 or PS3?

Nintendo fans which system do you prefer Xbox 360 or PS3?

Xbox 360 209 32.25%

PS3 439 67.75%

Total:648
oni-link said:

I guess I'm in the minority that I chose the 360 as my second system of choice.  The 360 just has more original and better looking games in my opinion than most PS3 games.  With the recent release of the Kinect, I feel as if I made the right choice in terms of choosing which HD console to go with.  It sucks that my 360s can't double as a blu-ray but that's what my LG BD 590 is there for, plus it looks nicer than the toyish look of the PS3s.  My only gripe is that I have to pay so much to play online; compared to the free services Sony and Nintendo offers.

Hope you got your armor on...

Around the Network

even though i don't own a wii or like the direction nintendo took with it. I am a nintendo fanboy for sure. Other then this gen and a playstation 1, I've only owned nintendo consoles. 

For me its a tie though

JRPG- 360 wins lost odyssey

WRPG-360 wins Fable

FPS 360 wins Halo 3

Driving- 360 wins Forza, though i prefer Need for Speed Hot Pursuit to GT5 and Forza.

TPS PS3 wins Uncharted 2

Action- PS3 wins God of War 3

Platformer- PS3 wins Ratchet and Clank

Sandbox- PS3 wins Infamous 

Stratagy- PS3 wins Valkyria Chronicles

Anyone mind posting the votes since I would rather not vote for either.

Jay520 said:
oni-link said:

I guess I'm in the minority that I chose the 360 as my second system of choice.  The 360 just has more original and better looking games in my opinion than most PS3 games.  With the recent release of the Kinect, I feel as if I made the right choice in terms of choosing which HD console to go with.  It sucks that my 360s can't double as a blu-ray but that's what my LG BD 590 is there for, plus it looks nicer than the toyish look of the PS3s.  My only gripe is that I have to pay so much to play online; compared to the free services Sony and Nintendo offers.

Hope you got your armor on...

I know this site is getting to be too much of a SDF haven as of late.  Kinda' sad really but I stand by my convictions and still believe that the PS3 has yet to show something that the 360 cannot do!!!! Killzone 3 included.

I voted 360.

I've been a Nintendo Loyalist (Not fanboy, just loyal) since I got my NES. I never bought a system that competed with Nintendo. My first non-Nintendo console was DreamCast which I bought after Sega buckled I didn't consider it a competitor with GameCube. I then bought a 360 after Nintendo exec's went on stage and encouraged us to do so, they said 360 and PS3 were not competitors. I then bought my PS3.

However if next gen Nintendo releases a powerful console that gets third party games (Good Ones) then I will return to being a Nintendo only guy. Fact is Nintendo is my favorite company and if they can deliver a good peice of hardware next gen (Similiar to GameCube) then I will throw all my support exclusively their way.

As for why I chose X-Box. Well I love the games, Halo, BlueDragon , Gears. Some of my other favorite Microsoft properties never transitioned from the orgional X-Box. However games wise I love my X-Box 360 over my PS3.

-JC7

"In God We Trust - In Games We Play " - Joel Reimer

I would consider myself a fan of video games and not to one specific console.  I have all three and I enjoy all three.  At the moment my 360 gets more play mainly because more of more of my friends are on xbox live and I play video games with them.  So I guess I will vote for the 360 however, I wish there was a both option.

Around the Network

The 360 just looks so much better on my entertainment system than the gooofy looking PS3 slim also.  Aside from PS3's blu-ray capabilities it offers me nothing that my 360s cannot do the same if not better.  Plus not barring this year 360 had better exclusives in it's lifetime than PS3 had in it's lifetime (but that's just my opinion).  Final Fantasy XIII already showed that 360 can do whatever PS3 can if not better.

oni-link said:

The 360 just has more original and better looking games in my opinion than most PS3 games. 

I respect your opinion, but disagree. The ps3 has the better looking games imo. I have yet to see any 360 game that can hold a candle to UC2, God of War, or even Killzone 2.(graphically speaking) Also, for originality, I also disagree. There is nothing original about the character design of games like Gears of War. Their characters look horrendous. They remind me of cheap plastic people, and the first time I saw it, I thought you were playing as toys! I have yet to see the 360 produce any original games or concepts. If you could please further explain this statement by notifying me of examples of this "originality", I would be more than eager to listen.

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." -My good friend Mark Aurelius

NotStan said:

You honestly expect some PS3 fanatics to refrain from voting and effectively rigging the vote? 

I've restrained myself.

and you think the rest of the 360 fanatics wont do the same? GTFO!

if Wii majority of Wii ppl prefers PS3 then live with it and stop crying about how "sony fanatics are these and that", Yeh like 360 fans are any better.

I came here thinking this was a vote between NES, SNES, N64, Cube, and Wii. >.>

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

Xbox 360 by far. In fact these days I play it much more than the Wii. PS3 just doesn't have many games that appeal to me, and I dislike their emphasis of cinematics in games.