By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo fans which system do you prefer Xbox 360 or PS3?

Nintendo fans which system do you prefer Xbox 360 or PS3?

Xbox 360 209 32.25%

PS3 439 67.75%

Total:648
oni-link said:
Pavolink said:

Is this thread a poll only for Nintendo fans, or not?

OT: PS3. My friend can borrow me his X360.

LOL...you must be new since VGC is all about Sony and MS.  Anytime there's a chance to  bash Nintendo, most VGC (ie Puggsly, Ping, etc ) fanatics go un-punished.  Best place to go is gonintendo.com if you want a true Nintendo site.  You won't find a fair place here in VGC for Nintendo fans....and THAT IS THE SAD FACT!!!

Bashing other consoles shows that "your console of choice" don't satisfice you. This is a good place for Nintendo, MS and Sony fans. But this thread is ONLY for Nintendo fans, and the others have to respect that.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Around the Network

@oni-link  are you serious if anyone says anything bad about Ninty the warriors of light come out in force. Ive been banned several times for stating my displeasure with Wii, if anything its the 360 who gets the most crap.

NYANKS said:
oni-link said:
NYANKS said:
oni-link said:
irstupid said:
NYANKS said:
oni-link said:
NYANKS said:
irstupid said:
DavidValbu said:
NYANKS said:
DavidValbu said:

It's a difficult question. I mean, both consoles have great 1st party games. Here are my favourites:

PS3: The Last Guardian, Uncharted 2, LittleBigPlannet 2.

XBOX360:  Fable II &  III

Apart from that, there iare also quite good 3rd parties exclusive that I like:

PS3: Heavy Rain, Metal Gear Solid 4, Final Fantasy vs XIII

XBOX360: Alan Wake, Lost Oddyssey, Gears of Wars 1 & 2

May I buy an HD console or should I wait until next generation now that rumours about new homeconsoles machines are starting to flood the net?

Or should I start ignoring videogames and just dedicate to read high quality books in my spare time?

You missed Resistance, Ratchet and Clank, Infamous, Killzone, God of War 3, and Gran Turismo.  :P

No, I didn't. I am not really interested in those titles. Neither Halo.

don't you love it when people come in and tell you what games you forgot?  lol

must say though, looking at your games i dislike the fact you listed FF 13 vs, and last guardian.  Don't like when people list games not out yet, or that they haven't played.

i mean i'm sure most had ff13 on their list for 10 years or however long it took to release, and look how that turned out.  i was super dissapointed with that game.

I was just trying to make the point that Sony excels and MS lacks more than what he was showing.  If he doesn't like them fine.  But his list makes them seem the same...

That's actually your opinion as not all people think PS3 is the best thing that happened in videogame since the NES.  I for one find PS3 games lacking (esp online aspects of their games) and really don't see much of a diffrence graphics wise between the two.  But again that's just my opinion.  Also it's noteworthy to mention, 360 slim looks hell of a lot better than PS3 slim on someone's entertainment system.  The 360 slim looks like it belongs on a high end HD system while the PS3 slim looks like it was made by Hasbro or Vtech.  Heck even the underpowered Wii looks more sophisticated and grown up compared to the toyish look of the PS3!!! Again, it's my opinion as you definitely digg  the PS3 for reasons that beffudle me.

Actually, graphics are largely not opinion to those of a technical mind, such as Digital Foundry and even people here.  There is nothing on 360 as nice looking as Uncharted 2, I thought this was pretty well accepted.  And your problem with the look is definitely your opinion, this means little to me.  I'm just saying that Sony has a more substantial first party presence than MS, I don't know how that can be disputed either.  And I'd like to hear your online argument, I'll admit most people feel the 360's is better but I feel it is often overstated for fanboy type reasons.

GRAPHICS don't make a game.  just cause a game has the bets graphics don't mean its amazing. 

take food for example.  chefs could make an amazingly neat looking dish, but does that mean the food will taste good?  no, the food could be horrible.  Or teh food could be good, but I'm allergic to that food, or I hate that food.  Some people love sushi, some people hate it.  some people like their steaks raw, some like them well done.  ect.

same for games.  presentation or GRAPHICS aren't everything.  We aren't saying those are bad games, but if i'm going to list great ps3 games WHY WOULD I LIST GAMES I DID NOT LIKE?

and the diffrence in terms of graphics are so minimal it' really very negligible.

Graphics are important, but you're right, gameplay is more important.  I admit it.  But HE started the graphics debate. I only said that Sony games WERE better than MS games.  I understand that.  I was only showing the discrepancy, as people may have been misled about position of each first party.

Oh dear child, all I said was that I preffered the way 360 games look; and that from current and previous games I do not see much of a graphical diffrence that PS3 has over the 360.(my opinion which you seem to have a hard time in for some reason) In fact, I even pointed out several instances when the 360's graphics was slightly ahead of the PS3 in it's lifetime. Saying Sony games are better than MS games as a fact is not only arrogant but borders in a litte ignorance in my opinion. I respect that you looooveeeee your PS3.  It shows in many of your previous posts in forums and such; but I for one don't care or think too highly of them.  In fact, I find PS3 first party the weakest among the big 3 console makers...but that's just me and maybe a few people in this site.  The fact that 360 IS still in second place and PS3 is straggling along in LAST place shows that this survey is a bit skewed.  The 360 obviously has enough content to outsell the PS3 in terms of hardware and their games aren't "inferior" enough that it mostly outsells PS3 multi-platform games on a consistent basis(I said mostly not always).

Look, all I was saying is that unless you're talking artistry, this can't really be opinion.  Yes, some third party games look better on 360, but in the graphical arms race you can't really just have an opinion.

Yes, I'm talking about both technical and artistry. Look some games look better on the 360 and others on the PS3. That's just a fact, that diffrent engines work better on diffrent consoles.  If you clicked or checked out the links  I provided; you can see them for yourself.  A most recent example is Enslaved: Oddessey to the West; the game seem to struggle more on the PS3 than on the 360.  In fact, doesn't most Unreal Engines do?  Oh and speaking of artistry, one would be a fool to leave out Alan Wake in the conversation; as it is arguably one of the best looking games this console generation!!!   I'm actuallly salivating to see what else they can do with a sequel and how much they could push MS's Ferarri...the X360!!!!

@Oni-Link

Alan Wake?  One of the best looking games this generation?  I have to disagree there and I think most people will (except maybe Selnor).  It's a great game and deserves many more sales (same with Lost Odyssey - but unfortunately the Xbox userbase is generally very narrowminded in terms of game selection) , but it's far from one of the best looking games this gen.  It really doesn't compare to GoW3 or Uncharted 1 and 2 in terms of visuals. 

"Naturally the common people don't want war: Neither in Russia, nor in England, nor for that matter in Germany. That is understood. But, after all, IT IS THE LEADERS of the country who determine the policy and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is TELL THEM THEY ARE BEING ATTACKED, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. IT WORKS THE SAME IN ANY COUNTRY."  --Hermann Goering, leading Nazi party member, at the Nuremberg War Crime Trials 

Conservatives:  Pushing for a small enough government to be a guest in your living room, or even better - your uterus.