By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - I bet Forza 4 will outsell Gran Turismo 5 in Americas.

homer said:
psrock said:
homer said:
psrock said:

By itself, Forza is barely a seller in America. 

How much of its Americas sales are bundles? Surely not more than 750,000. That leaves around 2 million units in the Americas, which is only one region, so it is quite a feat.

http://gamrreview.vgchartz.com/sales/30434/forza-motorsport-3/

Maybe this will help, and its also heavily bundle in Europe as Well.

Dang. Isn't my guesstimate fairly close though, if the bundling occurred heavily in Europe too? Just shy of 2 million in one region is not shabby at all.

Sony usually bundle GT games as Well, it's already at 1.5million after a couple months, 3 million is a sure bet right now.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
Around the Network
homer said:
ssj12 said:
homer said:
psrock said:

How much of its Americas sales are bundles? Surely not more than 750,000. That leaves around 2 million units in the Americas, which is only one region, so it is quite a feat.

Its been bundled for like the last 2 or 3 holiday season (forget when F3 was released) and like twice mid year. There have been more than 750k bundled. At least 1.5m were bundled.

Worldwide or in the Americas?

my theory is America, but I know it was bundled in the EU too. Just dont know how often.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

Forza 3 was also 40 bucks 2 weeks after it released on all major retailers and so was L4D2, I remember because I snatched up L4D2 quickly. MS must've made a deal with retailers in order to get more awareness to those two franchises and that's probably how they kept L4D exclusive to the 360.

psrock said:

I don't mind the bet, but wat's the point. Forza sold nothing at release, It was selling much better in the UK until it got bundle. By itself, Forza is barely a seller in America. 

I doubt that Forza 3 wasn't bundled nearly as much as Forza 2 and sold 200,000 more copies in the Americas and is still selling at a good pace and currently their are no Forza 3 bundles in the Americas. 

ElGranCabeza said:

Forza 2 and 3 got bundled to all hell and back and that's why they sold so well. Don't care though, 2 overrated series. Racing sims kinda suck to be honest, I already have to drive everyday.

Meh. Racing is not for everyone, but what really saddened me was your sig.:(

300 million 3ds's? Are you a betting man?

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." -My good friend Mark Aurelius

Around the Network
ElGranCabeza said:

Forza 3 was also 40 bucks 2 weeks after it released on all major retailers and so was L4D2, I remember because I snatched up L4D2 quickly. MS must've made a deal with retailers in order to get more awareness to those two franchises and that's probably how they kept L4D exclusive to the 360.

L4D is not a 360 exclusive, and you can find any game for cheap if you look hard enough...

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." -My good friend Mark Aurelius

psrock said:
homer said:
psrock said:
homer said:
psrock said:

http://gamrreview.vgchartz.com/sales/30434/forza-motorsport-3/

Maybe this will help, and its also heavily bundle in Europe as Well.

Dang. Isn't my guesstimate fairly close though, if the bundling occurred heavily in Europe too? Just shy of 2 million in one region is not shabby at all.

Sony usually bundle GT games as Well, it's already at 1.5million after a couple months, 3 million is a sure bet right now.

Wait, one second I thought you were oppossed to counting bundles but now you support it? Am I trying so hard to find fault in your posts, that I unintentionally misconstrued what you said? Do we count bundles or not?

EDIT: Everyone pull out your cameras, I just created an unintentional triple post! Probably a record or something....

There was over 1 Million copies of Forza 3 bundles in the Americas during the 2010 Holiday season alone. It was also bundled through '09 Holidays and throughout mid 2010.

I would say a fair guess at bundled sales of the game are over 1.5 Million units, in Americas.

If Forza 4 recieves the same treatment (Hint, it will. Forza 2 AND 3 have both had it), it will easily outsell GT5 there.

homer said:
ElGranCabeza said:

Forza 2 and 3 got bundled to all hell and back and that's why they sold so well. Don't care though, 2 overrated series. Racing sims kinda suck to be honest, I already have to drive everyday.

Meh. Racing is not for everyone, but what really saddened me was your sig.:(

300 million 3ds's? Are you a betting man?

Forza 2 got bundled a lot more then Forza 3.  Also since GT3 all GT games have been bundled a lot also (GT3 the most that's why its the best selling GT game).

Pretty much a no-brainer.  With almost twice as many XBox 360's in America, it'd be a major disappointment if Forza doesn't outsell GT by a lot.