By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - I bet Forza 4 will outsell Gran Turismo 5 in Americas.

@Nsanity

Were talking about GT5 here, not about GT5: Prolouge.

On Topic:

Naah, I dont think Forza 4 will outsell GT5 LIFETIME

Only if it gets heavily bundled like the previous one

Fedor Emelianenko - Greatest Fighter and most humble man to ever walk the earth:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lVVrNOQtlzY

Around the Network

gt5 sold 6.37 million in 6 weeks!

It sold 6 million faster than haol reach and halo 3!!!

Forza 4 ain't gonna get more than 5 million with mass bundling!

gt5 is the clear winner

AussieGecko said:

dont be a pain in the arse I must have been thinking about europe

At least you didn't tell me to go run into a wall...

OT: I am including bundles for this one mainly because I do not know how to find out if they were not bundled...

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." -My good friend Mark Aurelius

ProdigyBam said:

@Nsanity

Were talking about GT5 here, not about GT5: Prolouge.

On Topic:

Naah, I dont think Forza 4 will outsell GT5 LIFETIME

Only if it gets heavily bundled like the previous one

He has no argument, so he tries to find something to bitch about, you better get used to it with Nsanity. :p But for the time being, Forza 3 with all the bundles possible isn't even at 5m, GT5 >6m in 6 weeks. Get over it Nsanity, we're not talking about GT5p here.

Oh and OT: well... considering that it'll have Kinect support and likely bundled with Kinect, may happen.

So much talk of bundles in this thread.  Nobody really knows just how much bundles have contributed to either franchise's sales in the past.

What we do know, however, is that GT5 had sold 1541k after its first ten weeks on the market in Americas, while Forza 3 had only sold 886k.  That's a difference of almost 100%.  However, as of their 12th week on the market, post-holidays, GT5 has dropped to only 17k or so, while Forza 3 was still doing closer to 25k.

LIfetime sales between Forza 4 and GT5 could go either way, but I think it'll depend entirely on how much either game is bundled.  That'll likely favor GT5, given it'll be around much longer before a sequel.  Plus Forza 4 will be released when the 360's sales have finally start to slow down.

Around the Network
homer said:
AussieGecko said:

gt5 has been bundled in america at least and australia, im sure there will be other places. And I am not talking about prologue I am talking about GT5. Since release you paid 499 instead of 549 for the 320 in australia and you get GT5 for free.

I have yet to see any American bundles of GT5 in the Americas...

Wasn't there a GT5 bundle exclusive to Best Buy?

Nomad Blue said:
homer said:
AussieGecko said:

gt5 has been bundled in america at least and australia, im sure there will be other places. And I am not talking about prologue I am talking about GT5. Since release you paid 499 instead of 549 for the 320 in australia and you get GT5 for free.

I have yet to see any American bundles of GT5 in the Americas...

Wasn't there a GT5 bundle exclusive to Best Buy?

Yes but that was under 100k units, not even close I guess.

@Makingmusic, after its 10 weeks, Forza was still in the holidays, so...