By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - I bet Forza 4 will outsell Gran Turismo 5 in Americas.

Chairman-Mao said:

Safe bet much? If you had balls and faith in Forza you'd bet Worldwide.

You are right. I will extend my bet to include the UK as well. :P

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." -My good friend Mark Aurelius

Around the Network

Well of course it will. Theres  12 million more Xbox 360 owners to PS3 owners so if it didn't sell more in America then something has to be wrong. The real battlegrounds in Europe were theres only a few million between the 2 consols

I'd say this is quite a safe bet.

XanderZane said:
ElGranCabeza said:
homer said:
ElGranCabeza said:

Forza 3 was also 40 bucks 2 weeks after it released on all major retailers and so was L4D2, I remember because I snatched up L4D2 quickly. MS must've made a deal with retailers in order to get more awareness to those two franchises and that's probably how they kept L4D exclusive to the 360.

L4D is not a 360 exclusive, and you can find any game for cheap if you look hard enough...

I meant console exclusive, which is true. Most people are console gamers in this day and age anyways. Games usually don't drop 33% in price 2 weeks after release, especially not in all major retailers.

Forza 3 didn't drop in price after 2 weeks. At least not here in America. I go to multiple retailers like Fry's Electronics, Best Buy, Target, Wal-Mart, Gamestop, etc... and they all had the game at $59.99 for a long period of time. Either you're lying or you live in Japan. The lowest I saw Forza 3 was $54.99 and it was on sale at the time. GT5 is already $39.99 just about everywhere I look. Not sure if it's a sale or not.

What the hell are you talking about? I live in America and you probably have a horrible memory. Best Buy, Target, Walmart, Amazon ALL had Forza 3 for U$39.99 weeks before Christmas 2009. I bought L4D2 for my 360 at that price and I very clearly remember Forza 3 being priced the same, so, again, what the hell are you talking about? I don't know and don't care about GT5, but quickly looking at Amazon shows it atU$ 53.99 so either you live in Japan or you're lying.

I really don't see how the price of a game is any good of an indication, Blops is one of the biggest games in US and has dropped in price dramatically by now, down to $40 on Amazon, LBP2 is at the same price as GT5 right now. Brotherhood at 44. Just Dance at $30. I don't think the price is any good of an indication as to how well a game will perform in the future or is performing at the present.

Disconnect and self destruct, one bullet a time.

Around the Network

MS heavily bundled F3 in America during GT5 launch. If Sony got balls, it will return the favour heavily bundling GT5 during F4 launch.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

NotStan said:

I really don't see how the price of a game is any good of an indication, Blops is one of the biggest games in US and has dropped in price dramatically by now, down to $40 on Amazon, LBP2 is at the same price as GT5 right now. Brotherhood at 44. Just Dance at $30. I don't think the price is any good of an indication as to how well a game will perform in the future or is performing at the present.

People are more likely to buy cheaper games. I never said Forza 3 bombed or the only reason it sold that much is because it was U$40 bucks 2 weeks after release, I just simply stated that it was U$40 bucks 2 weeks after release.

Let me try putting it to you another way, I actually wanna buy Portal 2 and I'd prefer to get the PS3 version because of Steam, but I'm not willing to pay U$60 for it, but for U$40 I'd get it, so if the 360 version of the game is U$40 2 weeks from release while the PS3 version is still U$60, I'll grab the 360 version and not even think twice about it.

Also, anyone that's smart enough will buy all Ass Creed, Bioshocks, Dead Spaces and Mass Effects at U$20 because they ALL got there within 1 year of release. 

cloud1161 said:

like psrock said, whats the point in this thread, its just another way for xbox fanboys to defend their evershrinking lead over ps3.  the only number that matters is worldwide.

So you use it for a reason to state another ps3 rant. The lead is shrinking rant.

ElGranCabeza said:
NotStan said:

People are more likely to buy cheaper games. I never said Forza 3 bombed or the only reason it sold that much is because it was U$40 bucks 2 weeks after release, I just simply stated that it was U$40 bucks 2 weeks after release.

Let me try putting it to you another way, I actually wanna buy Portal 2 and I'd prefer to get the PS3 version because of Steam, but I'm not willing to pay U$60 for it, but for U$40 I'd get it, so if the 360 version of the game is U$40 2 weeks from release while the PS3 version is still U$60, I'll grab the 360 version and not even think twice about it.

Also, anyone that's smart enough will buy all Ass Creed, Bioshocks, Dead Spaces and Mass Effects at U$20 because they ALL got there within 1 year of release. 

I'm pretty sure that was deals and not made 40 from there on out.

bannedagain said:
ElGranCabeza said:
NotStan said:

I'm pretty sure that was deals and not made 40 from there on out.

What?