By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - I bet Forza 4 will outsell Gran Turismo 5 in Americas.

homer said:
ElGranCabeza said:

Forza 3 was also 40 bucks 2 weeks after it released on all major retailers and so was L4D2, I remember because I snatched up L4D2 quickly. MS must've made a deal with retailers in order to get more awareness to those two franchises and that's probably how they kept L4D exclusive to the 360.

L4D is not a 360 exclusive, and you can find any game for cheap if you look hard enough...

I meant console exclusive, which is true. Most people are console gamers in this day and age anyways. Games usually don't drop 33% in price 2 weeks after release, especially not in all major retailers.

Around the Network

you are betting on topics that you sure win homer, forza 3 already beat GT5 sells in US, there is no doubt forza 4 can't make it ok... this is a boring discussion... if you have so much hype for forza 4, why not bet with Gran Turismo 3: A-Spec in US sells, that will be more exciting if forza 4 win right...?

Nsanity said:

New flash people GT series hase long history of been bundled back and forward to stop pretending that Forza is the only game that receives the Bundle Treatment.

You have to admit though, a large amount of Forzas sales came about once bundling started.  GT5 can sell better or at least on par in America if bundles aren't counted, and that's damn impressive with the userbase difference.  Of course, if Sony bundles GT5 than who knows.

homer said:

Very simple bet. I think Forza 4 will outsell GT5 in the Americas. Who here will take my bet?

very simple bet. I think CODBO PS3 will outsell CODBO 360 in Japan. Who here will take my non-sense bet?

two things:

1- America is the biggest 360 market, if the game gets the kinect feature right, then it'll sell a lot.

2- forza games are bundled with every single 360... so you better hope Forza 4 outsells GT5...

now... if GT5 gets bundled with every ps3 like forza does...then no way that'll happen...

I'm Back! - Proud owner of the best doomed handheld of all time!

Nsanity said:

New flash people GT series hase long history of been bundled back and forward to stop pretending that Forza is the only game that receives the Bundle Treatment.

long history? you refer to GT3 which was the only bundled GT game in its history? yea.

you can't deny that Forza couldn't reach 3M if it wasn't because the bundle with every 360 console since forza 3 launch...

I'm Back! - Proud owner of the best doomed handheld of all time!

Around the Network
homer said:

Very simple bet. I think Forza 4 will outsell GT5 in the Americas. Who here will take my bet?

Yeah.. most likely. I think Forza 3 is still ahead of GT5 in America. GT5 is mostly popular in EMEA regions and Japan.

'gaming till I'm gone'

ElGranCabeza said:
homer said:
ElGranCabeza said:

Forza 3 was also 40 bucks 2 weeks after it released on all major retailers and so was L4D2, I remember because I snatched up L4D2 quickly. MS must've made a deal with retailers in order to get more awareness to those two franchises and that's probably how they kept L4D exclusive to the 360.

L4D is not a 360 exclusive, and you can find any game for cheap if you look hard enough...

I meant console exclusive, which is true. Most people are console gamers in this day and age anyways. Games usually don't drop 33% in price 2 weeks after release, especially not in all major retailers.

Forza 3 didn't drop in price after 2 weeks. At least not here in America. I go to multiple retailers like Fry's Electronics, Best Buy, Target, Wal-Mart, Gamestop, etc... and they all had the game at $59.99 for a long period of time. Either you're lying or you live in Japan. The lowest I saw Forza 3 was $54.99 and it was on sale at the time. GT5 is already $39.99 just about everywhere I look. Not sure if it's a sale or not.

'gaming till I'm gone'

hmm...with Kinect support its like a given...but still this is a myth that successors will sell more than they predecessors...so i wouldnt bet on that...

XanderZane said:
ElGranCabeza said:
homer said:
ElGranCabeza said:

Forza 3 didn't drop in price after 2 weeks. At least not here in America. I go to multiple retailers like Fry's Electronics, Best Buy, Target, Wal-Mart, Gamestop, etc... and they all had the game at $59.99 for a long period of time. Either you're lying or you live in Japan. The lowest I saw Forza 3 was $54.99 and it was on sale at the time. GT5 is already $39.99 just about everywhere I look. Not sure if it's a sale or not.

Nice try, you're everywhere to defend the X360 and shit on everything in competition to it.

Amazon

BestBuy

Carl2291 said:

There was over 1 Million copies of Forza 3 bundles in the Americas during the 2010 Holiday season alone. It was also bundled through '09 Holidays and throughout mid 2010.

I would say a fair guess at bundled sales of the game are over 1.5 Million units, in Americas.

If Forza 4 recieves the same treatment (Hint, it will. Forza 2 AND 3 have both had it), it will easily outsell GT5 there.

Yeah this basically!

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey