By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - I bet Forza 4 will outsell Gran Turismo 5 in Americas.

ElGranCabeza said:
XanderZane said:
ElGranCabeza said:
homer said:
ElGranCabeza said:

Forza 3 was also 40 bucks 2 weeks after it released on all major retailers and so was L4D2, I remember because I snatched up L4D2 quickly. MS must've made a deal with retailers in order to get more awareness to those two franchises and that's probably how they kept L4D exclusive to the 360.

L4D is not a 360 exclusive, and you can find any game for cheap if you look hard enough...

I meant console exclusive, which is true. Most people are console gamers in this day and age anyways. Games usually don't drop 33% in price 2 weeks after release, especially not in all major retailers.

Forza 3 didn't drop in price after 2 weeks. At least not here in America. I go to multiple retailers like Fry's Electronics, Best Buy, Target, Wal-Mart, Gamestop, etc... and they all had the game at $59.99 for a long period of time. Either you're lying or you live in Japan. The lowest I saw Forza 3 was $54.99 and it was on sale at the time. GT5 is already $39.99 just about everywhere I look. Not sure if it's a sale or not.

What the hell are you talking about? I live in America and you probably have a horrible memory. Best Buy, Target, Walmart, Amazon ALL had Forza 3 for U$39.99 weeks before Christmas 2009. I bought L4D2 for my 360 at that price and I very clearly remember Forza 3 being priced the same, so, again, what the hell are you talking about? I don't know and don't care about GT5, but quickly looking at Amazon shows it atU$ 53.99 so either you live in Japan or you're lying.

It was offered AS a timed deal, then It went back up to 59.99. as far as gt5 I have no clue what the deals are on that.

Around the Network
ElGranCabeza said:
bannedagain said:
ElGranCabeza said:
NotStan said:

I really don't see how the price of a game is any good of an indication, Blops is one of the biggest games in US and has dropped in price dramatically by now, down to $40 on Amazon, LBP2 is at the same price as GT5 right now. Brotherhood at 44. Just Dance at $30. I don't think the price is any good of an indication as to how well a game will perform in the future or is performing at the present.

People are more likely to buy cheaper games. I never said Forza 3 bombed or the only reason it sold that much is because it was U$40 bucks 2 weeks after release, I just simply stated that it was U$40 bucks 2 weeks after release.

Let me try putting it to you another way, I actually wanna buy Portal 2 and I'd prefer to get the PS3 version because of Steam, but I'm not willing to pay U$60 for it, but for U$40 I'd get it, so if the 360 version of the game is U$40 2 weeks from release while the PS3 version is still U$60, I'll grab the 360 version and not even think twice about it.

Also, anyone that's smart enough will buy all Ass Creed, Bioshocks, Dead Spaces and Mass Effects at U$20 because they ALL got there within 1 year of release. 

I'm pretty sure that was deals and not made 40 from there on out.

What?

It was a timed sale. It went down to 40 then back up to 59.99

Such a risky bet, wow!

im sure forza 4 will outsell gt5 in america.... egh but who knows anymore :D

iWarMachine said:
homer said:

Very simple bet. I think Forza 4 will outsell GT5 in the Americas. Who here will take my bet?

very simple bet. I think CODBO PS3 will outsell CODBO 360 in Japan. Who here will take my non-sense bet?

two things:

1- America is the biggest 360 market, if the game gets the kinect feature right, then it'll sell a lot.

2- forza games are bundled with every single 360... so you better hope Forza 4 outsells GT5...

now... if GT5 gets bundled with every ps3 like forza does...then no way that'll happen...

Forza games aren't bundled with every single 360.  I'm 100 percent sure that Forza 3 was bundled a lot less then Forza 2.  You are also wrong about GT and bundles every GT since GT3 has been available in bundles maybe not in all parts of the world like GT3 but still bundles existed for all games since GT3.

Around the Network
TT Makaveli said:

hmm...with Kinect support its like a given...but still this is a myth that successors will sell more than they predecessors...so i wouldnt bet on that...

Well so far all the Forza games have steadliy sold more unless Turn 10 totally messes up with the 4th one its a safe bet that it will sell more plus if the Kinect support is implemented right it could give the game a massive sales boost.

homer said:
Chairman-Mao said:

Safe bet much? If you had balls and faith in Forza you'd bet Worldwide.

You are right. I will extend my bet to include the UK as well. :P

lmao

bannedagain said:
ElGranCabeza said:
bannedagain said:
ElGranCabeza said:
NotStan said:

I really don't see how the price of a game is any good of an indication, Blops is one of the biggest games in US and has dropped in price dramatically by now, down to $40 on Amazon, LBP2 is at the same price as GT5 right now. Brotherhood at 44. Just Dance at $30. I don't think the price is any good of an indication as to how well a game will perform in the future or is performing at the present.

People are more likely to buy cheaper games. I never said Forza 3 bombed or the only reason it sold that much is because it was U$40 bucks 2 weeks after release, I just simply stated that it was U$40 bucks 2 weeks after release.

Let me try putting it to you another way, I actually wanna buy Portal 2 and I'd prefer to get the PS3 version because of Steam, but I'm not willing to pay U$60 for it, but for U$40 I'd get it, so if the 360 version of the game is U$40 2 weeks from release while the PS3 version is still U$60, I'll grab the 360 version and not even think twice about it.

Also, anyone that's smart enough will buy all Ass Creed, Bioshocks, Dead Spaces and Mass Effects at U$20 because they ALL got there within 1 year of release. 

I'm pretty sure that was deals and not made 40 from there on out.

What?

It was a timed sale. It went down to 40 then back up to 59.99

Sure, never said it didn't. I'm pretty sure it went back up after Christmas, it was on sale the whole Holiday period. Not bad mouthing it though, MS plan obviously worked.

most likely because of bundling. If it wasn't heavily bundled then no it wont. 

Of Course That's Just My Opinion, I Could Be Wrong

ElGranCabeza said:
NotStan said:

The case only applies to multiplat games pretty much, in the case of exclusives majority of sales either occur at launch or through bundles, or if the series are just prominent for legs. In case of Forza it were the bundles that got it thus far, so far GT5 is probably carried on it's legs and some bundles from shops like Best Buy or w/e the deals that had occurred, there were 1 or two bundles in the US at launch and during the holiday season. Bringing the price argument when it comes to exclusives is not as relevant, I know you didn't meant it in a sense that bombed but I was referring to Xander as well, game is not bombing if the price is just decreasing over time.

Disconnect and self destruct, one bullet a time.