By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Pirates, admit you're thieves

Seece said:
ameratsu said:
Machina said:
ameratsu said:
Seece said:

I wish we took a stronger stance against game pirates here, like banning them all. They go without any punishement .. heck even one of our MODS is a proud pirate ... disgusting, doesn't deserve to play video games.

I think we should take a stronger stance against people who use avatars for games they probably aren't very good at.

(the real deal / still something to prove or gtfo)

He has both - http://profile.mygamercard.net/dynosaw

Well he plays a Valve FPS on x360 so that clouds my judgment of his abilites a bit. Still, it seems he does have them so he is pretty good at it. I take back what I said.

Yeah, the Joypad is a total handicap, which means I'm actually better at L4D than you are.

autoaim / aim assist ftw

Demon's Souls Official Thread  | Currently playing: Left 4 Dead 2, LittleBigPlanet 2, Magicka

Around the Network
Carl2291 said:
Khuutra said:
Carl2291 said:

So me actually posting those videos from Youtube is practically Pirating?

/hangs self.

It's exactly the same, just on a smaller scale and with music rather than games.

So in that case I still have my right to annoy Videogame Pirates and call them thieves?

Would also like to add. I own FFIX and the FFIX OST. So I'm not that evil.

You do have that right, of course you do, but you need to realize that it is hypocritical for you to do so when you listen to copyright music on Youtube.

If you own your hypocrisy, that's fine. But if you think hypocrisy divests you of those rights, then no, you can't yell at pirates.

Carl2291 said:
Khuutra said:
Carl2291 said:

So me actually posting those videos from Youtube is practically Pirating?

/hangs self.

It's exactly the same, just on a smaller scale and with music rather than games.

So in that case I still have my right to annoy Videogame Pirates and call them thieves?

Would also like to add. I own FFIX and the FFIX OST. So I'm not that evil.

In law you probably will be seem as equal... but in Youtube it's open for the owner of IP to take down content, in p2p they can't,  so in pratical way there are differences as you are more exposed.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Carl2291 said:

I own FFIX and the FFIX OST. So I'm not that evil.

No,  you still are just as evil for distribution. Which is a much bigger crime than pirating.

Silver-Tiger said:

No, pirating is NOT stealing:

I do not condone piracy, but this whole "Piracy is thief!" is getting on my nerves.

Whatever helps you sleep at night...

Around the Network

I pirate when I can't afford crap and buy it when I can. Do I know this is wrong? Hell yea... I'm a dirty dirty boy for it . Especially if the thing I pirated sucks and I end up not paying for it.

I still cannot fathom how many retards here continued to pirate images and bash on pirates and acted like their holy saints. 

Images/songs pirates bash on game pirates like they are superior pirates? lmfao

Take off your avatars and sigs.

""But but but ITS SHARING!""

If your so caring about sharing, why don't you share some money to the people who did the work...

""But but but, my poorly drawn chart and cartoons say other wise!""

Going to video store, or rent store-  said store BUYS the game and then PAYS fee's for you to rent it.  Developer still profits.

Buying used games-  Game needs to be BOUGHT first before it becomes used.  Money goes towards the game shop which keeps it open to *gasp* get more games.  Developer still profits.

Flash games- Ad revenue is made based on the amount of views said game gets.  Developer still profits.

Piracy- Game gets ""leaked"" (stolen).  Mass torrent.  Developer makes no money whatsoever.

""BUT BUT BUT, I'm trying the game first then I will buy!""

No you won't.  The majority of people who steal don't buy the game.  House of the Dead Overkill says hello.

""But but but, I'm helping the developer by giving there game attention!""

Yeah your helping them all right.  I'm sure your going to chip in when they can't afford to make games anymore, help pay there rent, food, etc.  I mean you already show such sharing and generosity towards the developer by paying for there games....Wait a minute.

""But but but the publisher is evvvvvvvvvil""

So evil in fact they pay MILLIONS OF DOLLARS for these games to be made, those BASTARDS!  Which you steal....

""But but but your sig and avartar are pirated!""

Yes because pirated images are exactly the same as taking a 60 million dollar product, putting it on bittorent and not paying a cent.  When most images here are actually publicy released by the developer for free mass distrubtion.

Yep totally the same argument. 

Carl2291 said:
icefaii said:

@Carl2291

btw pay for your sig and avatar please.

Firstly, I don't need to pay for my Avatar at all. It's a screen-cap from the Final Fantasy XIII-2 Trailer that has been put on the Internet by Square Enix. It's not stealing. It's not pirating. It's not "sharing". Square Enix put it there, and they don't want you to pay to see the trailer. I win.

Secondly, I don't need to pay for my Sig neither. It's from Tekzilla, which I can watch for free on the Internet on Tekzilla's Website. Done by Tekzilla. They don't want me to pay.

You, downloading a copy of Final Fantasy XIII free from the Internet though. That's something you should pay for. Not get for free.

Actually, it's technically not lawfully correct for you to take a screen cap even from a free video without asking permission first.  If SE wished they could sue you and force you to remove it.

Don't see why they'd bother, but they could.

Kasz216 said:

Actually, it's technically not lawfully correct for you to take a screen cap even from a free video without asking permission first.  If SE wished they could sue you and force you to remove it.

Don't see why they'd bother, but they could.

Khuutra already informed me, and I already hung myself.