By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - MGS HD Trilogy coming to PS3?

I do hope it's not the original MGS, or if it is, it is remastered completely. A fantastic game for its time, but now it's dated to the point of unplayability.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Around the Network

I wonder if this can outsell the GOW Collection.

cr00mz said:

this would be awesome, i can finally play MGS 2 and 3 now. Hope its true.

I haven't played 4 for that reason.

badgenome said:

Just when I thought Sony had finally shaken that "PS3 is for Blu-ray movies" tag...

when did that happen? I always thought Uncharted 2 cemented down that tag.

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

Zlejedi said:
PullusPardus said:

i hope its not the crappy gamecube version of MGS1.

Of course it isn't.  Why would they use gamecube version when porting from ps2 games seems to be nice and easy ?

well it says "The first 3" so MGS1 , MGS2 and MGS3.

Around the Network

its so good being a ps3 owner, everday theres more games flying into the horizon

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

If this is true then kojima is GOD!

I'll buy it in a second. And if by the off chance MGS1 is actually the Twin Snakes, I'll go out and pre order it as soon as possible.

perpride said:

that would pissthe shit out of me. I just bought the trilogy on PS2.

Well it's messing the additional content for MGS2 and 3. Please, include Metal Gear and Metal Gear 2 as well as all of the other additional content for this. Bring The Twin Snakes to the PS3 too!

Kantor said:

I do hope it's not the original MGS, or if it is, it is remastered completely. A fantastic game for its time, but now it's dated to the point of unplayability.

This is ridiculous, are you such a graphics whore that you refuse to play one of the greatest games of all time? MGS still looks awesome to this day. It looks about as good as early PS2 games, quite an amazing feat. I too do hope it's the Twin Snakes as I haven't played it and it would be awesome to play it remastered but the original is amazing and to claim it's "unplayable" is utterly ridiculous.