By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - MGS HD Trilogy coming to PS3?

I'd buy this,I like collections.

Around the Network

I think they should do, the fans would be happy and its nearing MGS4's 3rd year.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PLAYSTATION 3 : RPG FAN CLUB

I don't think they could re-do MGS using a later engine. Or maybe that should be I don't think they will unless this isn't going to be a "collection priced" title at $40.

And while I personally wouldn't mind being able to play Silicon Knights' Twin Snakes on the PS3 with higher res rendering, I'm pretty sure that it's still considered a Nintendo title, and couldn't be a straight port using the PS2 game engine.

While they would have to include the PS1 version of MGS, it definitely looks out of place compared to the other games in the original trilogy. I'm not convinced rendering a game with such primitive (by current standards) resources at 1280x720 will add much if anything to the experience. But I suppose it would still be better than playing the original upscaled from the original resolution. I actually have to turn pixel smoothing off or the game just becomes a blurry mess.

Personally, I much preferred the graphics engine and updates of TS although I could have done without some of the unnecessary changes they made to the cutscenes.

input this URL:
( http://www.fashiongoods999.us )
you can find many cheap and fashion stuff
(jor dan s-h-o-e-s)
(NBA NFL NHL MLB j-e-r-s-e-y)
( lv h-a-n-d-b-a-g)
(cha nel w-a-l-l-e-t)
(D&G s-u-n-g-l-a-s-s-e-s)
(ed har dy j-a-c-k-e-t)
(UG G b-o-o-t)

WE ACCEPT PYAPAL PAYMENT
YOU MUST NOT MISS IT!!!

fps_d0minat0r said:
PullusPardus said:

where were you when i've had a huge argument with with people thinking i'm just talking bullcrap.

saw the videos and i can say their better than other stuff that was around back then.......you are talking bullcrap.
ofcourse comparing those games to todays where we have vastly improved technology is unfair.

Has nothing to do with the tech of the game.  It's definitely an improvement graphic-wise from the original.  But, I'd still rather play the original with PS1 graphics instead this remake.  The problem is with all the changes to the music cues, camera work, and cutscenes that were completely unnecessary.  It just makes it look like some Hollywood director got his hands on it, added in some poorly copied Matrix effects/action, and spat it out onto the Gamecube.  It is far from the masterpiece the original MGS that Kojima produced was.

Around the Network

I hope they include the original MG1 and MG2.

I don't know about the rest of the gamers out there, though I'd assume they'd pick this collection up like hot cakes, but I would buy it day one.