By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - MGS HD Trilogy coming to PS3?

I can see that MGS2 and MGS3 would be fairlly easy to remaster in HD like GOW1 and GOW2 but MGS1 being a PS1 Game it would be imposable with out remaking the game from the Ground up with a newer Graphics Engine. and btw Kojima Productions dose not have the rights to use the Twin Snakes because most of the work was done by Silicon Knights. KONAMI and KOJIMA san himself only direct involvement with the Cutscenes.  

Japanese Pop Culture Otaku

Around the Network
KylieDog said:

Laughing at the Twin Snakes hate.  That game crapped all over the original, only thing wrong with it was an oversight on the Raven fight, the jump out shot made it stupidly easy.

All the complaints about VA is bogus too since most of the people who complain about it go and praise MGS4 which used the same change of accents that Twin Snakes did.

That is why the Japanese VA for the MGS series is FTW!

hikaruchan said:
cr00mz said:

this would be awesome, i can finally play MGS 2 and 3 now. Hope its true.

You can buy them for PS2 you do know that right? XD

yeah i know but i dont have have PS2 anymore, and besides they games were never out in Europe, i think it was an America only collection.

PullusPardus said:
thismeintiel said:
PullusPardus said:
Horrorfest said:

As I mentioned previously, I do too hope it will be The Twin Snakes but MGS1 is still an amazing game and some stuff is altered in TTS. I've heard from a few MGS fans that it's a bad remake but I don't imagine how with it being remastered and some stuff being altered, nothing major I don't believe. They're probably purists.

for starters the soundtrack is very generic, and the cutscenes are exremely exagratted, i've had a huge argument about this so i don't plan on starting another.

For those who don't know what he's talking aobut, or why some don't want the Twin Snakes version, feast your eyes on this.

Note the overdramatic movements, music, and camera.  Snake enters the Matrix at certain points in the game, lol.  Plus, not all the voices are the same as the original and Kojima had no involvement in the production. So hopefully they'll use the original game, but upgrade the graphics to MGS4 quality.  Actually, that would be pretty cool.  Call it MGS remake, but it also comes with MGS 2&3 in HD, and they could sell it at full price instead of the usual $30 these collections have been going for.

where were you when i've had a huge argument with with people thinking i'm just talking bullcrap.

saw the videos and i can say their better than other stuff that was around back then.......you are talking bullcrap.
ofcourse comparing those games to todays where we have vastly improved technology is unfair.

fps_d0minat0r said:
PullusPardus said:

where were you when i've had a huge argument with with people thinking i'm just talking bullcrap.

saw the videos and i can say their better than other stuff that was around back then.......you are talking bullcrap.
ofcourse comparing those games to todays where we have vastly improved technology is unfair.

Saw some of the videos and i didnt think they were that bad. yes okay its not perfect, but the voice acting and direction are still very good imo.

it would be completely unacceptable for them to rerelease the orginal MGS1, yes it was good for its time, but the graphics for today on a next gen console are completely unacceptable in HD, theres not enough polygons to show the same kind of detail like in Twin Snakes.

and the quality in Twin Snakes is consistant with Sons of Libery and Snake Eater, so they work better as a trilogy. not to mention Twin Snakes had the tranquiliser gun, which MGS1 didnt, so other things like that offer a more complete version of the game.  the other thing is they're offering the PS3 ownsers something the PS2 owners couldnt play on PS1 or PS2 because it was Gamecube, that alone i think makes it the more desirable version of the 2.

Around the Network

I agree with thismeintiel, the in-game music is horrible, and so are the soldier's grunts.

And the cinematic effects, as well as certain camera angles during the cutscenes, are crap compared to the original, because they're either overdramatized, or they're poorly executed.

@Fps: I hope, for the sake of humanity, that you never become a critic of anything, if you're incapable of looking past graphics. Why don't you just stick to PC gaming (or set up a rig if you haven't already) if you care about graphics so much?

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!

A203D said:
fps_d0minat0r said:
PullusPardus said:

Saw some of the videos and i didnt think they were that bad. yes okay its not perfect, but the voice acting and direction are still very good imo.

it would be completely unacceptable for them to rerelease the orginal MGS1, yes it was good for its time, but the graphics for today on a next gen console are completely unacceptable in HD, theres not enough polygons to show the same kind of detail like in Twin Snakes.

and the quality in Twin Snakes is consistant with Sons of Libery and Snake Eater, so they work better as a trilogy. not to mention Twin Snakes had the tranquiliser gun, which MGS1 didnt, so other things like that offer a more complete version of the game.  the other thing is they're offering the PS3 ownsers something the PS2 owners couldnt play on PS1 or PS2 because it was Gamecube, that alone i think makes it the more desirable version of the 2.

But MGS TTS has inferior Graphics to MGS2 SOL despite some at the time proclaimed the graphics the same.

But Kojima san dosen't have the rights to use the MGS TTS from my anderstanding because of agreements beetween Konami, Nintendo and Silicon Knights.  and people are forgetting that there are some scenes that would have to be remade to remove NINTENTO related merchandise and other stuff to make ok for use on SONY PS3. 

but everyone is forgetting the big fact that Kojima san himself didn't make this Version so he would be less keen to use it then remaking the originalPS1 Version with a new Graphics Engine.

huaxiong90 said:

I agree with thismeintiel, the in-game music is horrible, and so are the soldier's grunts.

And the cinematic effects, as well as certain camera angles during the cutscenes, are horrible compared to the original, because they're either overdramatized, or they're poorly executed.

@Fps: I hope, for the sake of humanity, that you never become a critic of anything, if you're incapable of looking past graphics. Why don't you just stick to PC gaming (or set up a rig if you haven't already) if you care about graphics so much?

Agreed.

KOJIMA, pretty please!!

I'd finally be able to play the MGS Serie!

That would make me happy!

They will know Helgan belongs to Helghasts