By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - MGS HD Trilogy coming to PS3?

Please please please pleeeeeeeeease be true! *prays*

Yeah i know my spelling sucks but im dysgraphic so live with it :3    

---------------------------------------------------Bets--------------------------------------------------

Conegamer - I say that the PS3 will beat the DS next week in Japan  (for hardware sales) Forfeit is control over others avatar for 1 week.

Around the Network

Thanks for posting this CQI-Quality! So happy if true!

I hope they remaster the original and not Twin Snakes though.

!

Horrorfest said:
Kantor said:

I do hope it's not the original MGS, or if it is, it is remastered completely. A fantastic game for its time, but now it's dated to the point of unplayability.

This is ridiculous, are you such a graphics whore that you refuse to play one of the greatest games of all time? MGS still looks awesome to this day. It looks about as good as early PS2 games, quite an amazing feat. I too do hope it's the Twin Snakes as I haven't played it and it would be awesome to play it remastered but the original is amazing and to claim it's "unplayable" is utterly ridiculous.

Imho, its not going to be the PS1 version. i havent played the Gamecube version, but considering that their bundling this as a trilogy i'm sure for consistancy issues it will be that version, as their graphics are comparable. and i'm certain the Gamecube version is the most complete version of MGS1. imho theres no way they would release a PS1 game in HD.

We might also be getting the full Subsistance versions of the games, which is awesome!! but i doubt anyone would know about that because its still rumours at the moment.

and it would be great if Sqaure and Capcom followed suit with FF and Resident Evil 4 after this, would love to play FF12 and RE4 in HD.

Around the Network

final fantasy 10 10-2 plz

DMC trilogy

resident evil 4 remake with move in HD

theres tons of oportunities for publishers they could get out games with minimal cost and would get a decent return.

take final fantasy 10 and 10-2 even if they published 500k copies its gotta be worth it

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

As I mentioned previously, I do too hope it will be The Twin Snakes but MGS1 is still an amazing game and some stuff is altered in TTS. I've heard from a few MGS fans that it's a bad remake but I don't imagine how with it being remastered and some stuff being altered, nothing major I don't believe. They're probably purists.

F*** Yea!!!!

*Al Bundy's My Hero*

*Al Bundy For President*

Waiting On GT7!!!

PSN ID: Acidfacekiller

pariz said:
cr00mz said:

this would be awesome, i can finally play MGS 2 and 3 now. Hope its true.

I haven't played 4 for that reason.

i'm actually playing 4 now. But i suppose i could replay it if this collection ever does come out. Might make me appreciate 4 more after having played them in succession

Horrorfest said:
Kantor said:

I do hope it's not the original MGS, or if it is, it is remastered completely. A fantastic game for its time, but now it's dated to the point of unplayability.

This is ridiculous, are you such a graphics whore that you refuse to play one of the greatest games of all time? MGS still looks awesome to this day. It looks about as good as early PS2 games, quite an amazing feat. I too do hope it's the Twin Snakes as I haven't played it and it would be awesome to play it remastered but the original is amazing and to claim it's "unplayable" is utterly ridiculous.

I don't care about the graphics. Yes, the game looks hideous, but that's quite besides the point.

It controls like a 13 year old game. Developers didn't know how to deal with 3D. The checkpoint system hadn't really been established. Unskippable and unpausable half-hour cutscenes were the norm. The AI is pathetic. The stealth is extraordinarily simplistic.

For a 1998 game, it was brilliant. It was near perfection. But standards change in gaming, and the original MGS really doesn't live up to today's measures of a good game.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective